Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annoying number plate problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Annoying number plate problem Empty
PostSubject: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 pm

On the M800, the number plate bracket bolts to the black plastic moulding which sits below the LED light cluster, has the indicators hanging off it etc...

Annoying number plate problem %3Ctable%20style=Annoying number plate problem Dovedale%2520product%2520shots%2520oct%25202011%2520008From October 15, 2011" border="0" />

Last year had an MOT 'near miss'.... the black plastic had snapped along the crease - almost right through. Helpful MOT man did a cable tie fix & warned to mend it properly before next MOT.

Much to my frustration, after a blast round yesterday, bracket had almost come right off, leaving me no choise but to chop it off, before it fell off completely. Dread to think how much Suzuki want for a new bracket... and looks quite involved to fit. Tried some supposed plastic weld stuff I've bought at an autojumble.... didnt touch it. Hmmmmmmm. Anyone got any inspiration?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 am

Fit a tail tidy. Link
Back to top Go down
CycleBiker
CycleBiker

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 pm

I think half the problem is those monster UK number plates. They need a separate numbering system for bikes so they can make the plates smaller. I guess they want to be sure of catching your number plate on the camera but in the US the cameras seem to be able to read the smaller plates.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 pm

agree with MI fit a tail tidy probaly look better as well and sounds like just the excuse you need to spend money on the bike to stop the misses moaning i meen its illegal to ride without a numberplate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I agree a tail tidy would be the way to go, they show the rear wheel a bit more which is better unless you fancy I side mounted plate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Check my old post Mal, cost nothin, might be the answer ,a few of us have done this mod Annoying number plate problem 184121345

https://www.suzuki800.com/t795-shorten-the-rear-light-plate-bracket-on-m800
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 am

I had forgotten about this excellent mod, much better idea especially when the cost is zero and it looks so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying number plate problem   Annoying number plate problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annoying number plate problem
Page 1 of 1