Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ippikin

PostSubject: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Been pondering how to make/attach home-made screen lowers and came across this >>> looks very easy to do and would save you a few bob!

www.instructables.com/id/Motorcycle-Lowers-low-deflectors/?ALLSTEPS

Last edited by ippikin on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Good find Grob
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Excellant find
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Agreed excellent find on the lowers but also on the site in general
Back to top Go down
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Have made some fork lowers as per original post; got a big sheet of plexiglass from our local tip (I think it was from a bus shelter) free of charge....... 1.5m length aluminium angle 20mm x 20mm (B&Q £4.99), 4x Jubilee clips from local farmer's shop (£3) .... but had to buy an inner tube from Halfrauds for £5.99. So cost = £14.... but you could do it cheaper if you already have the stuff.

One side is on, the other over the next couple of days and I will post some pics. Next stage is testing at the weekend (weather permitting!). Will report...............
Back to top Go down
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Looking forward to that then as your the first on here to do it
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Well done as CC says looking forward to end result.Congrats m8.

Back to top Go down
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Unfortunately don't seem to make any difference to the helmet noise; so have removed them. Bought a pack of ear plugs on eBay and they work great on long journeys.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

Did you take the pictures Grob?
I have just picked up some plexi glass and will be making mine shortly so pictures of what didn't work would be very useful. As the size that you made them, how they fitted in conjunction with the screen, any lean angle, what overlap and so on is very useful.
We can actually get much more info out of what hasn't worked than we ever could from what has.
Back to top Go down
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Did you take the pictures Grob?
I have just picked up some plexi glass and will be making mine shortly so pictures of what didn't work would be very useful. As the size that you made them, how they fitted in conjunction with the screen, any lean angle, what overlap and so on is very useful.
We can actually get much more info out of what hasn't worked than we ever could from what has.

I didn't but I will ........ I suspect I didn't make them big enough
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:40 am

Great thanks.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Dave just posted two pics,one with sizes.Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Looking at Alfie's efforts I made mine far too small...... the same height as the aluminium strips. No wonder they made no difference! Will have to try again (got plenty of bus shelter plexiglass left!)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Cheers Alfie your a star & much appreciated

Grob the mistake you made is exactly the reason why its a good idea to share even the ones that go tits up, it helps others like me to make a different mistake
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 pm

ippikin wrote:
Looking at Alfie's efforts I made mine far too
small...... the same height as the aluminium strips. No wonder they made
no difference! Will have to try again (got plenty of bus shelter plexiglass left!)
Grob did you get around to making any more?

Finally picked up my plastic today from my mates house where it has been for months waiting for me to pick it up. So I will start playing around over the weekend with either the clear hand guards or the lowers. I have an 18"x36" piece of clear plastic that is 6mm thick so it should be suitable for whatever I decide to do with it. I will post up what I manage to come up with but it will probably be almost identical to what has been done by by Alfie recently. Apart from the cut out that I will add to the lowers to accommodate my crash bars which was also thought out by Alfie.
Back to top Go down
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm

I will look forward as always to the write up Mr I, any twists in the way you are doing it from what we have seen done before?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 am

captain crash wrote:
I will look forward as always to the write up Mr I, any twists in the way you are doing it from what we have seen done before?
Possibly with the hand guards Crash, I am going to try to give it some shape from both from top to bottom but also from side to side. It might not work but I will post up the results and how I have done it in the "General Aftermarkets & modifications done section" even if it goes wrong but I gotta try to get to the cooker and one of her pots when the Mrs ain't in
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:19 am

Good luck Dave,especially the bit about your mrs,what a surprise if she walks in and see's you doing the job in her kitchen.You will be surprised how easily it will bend with heat even though it is 6mm.What I would sugest if you have not already started, is make a template for it to contour itself to and have something to tie round it to keep it's shape whilst cooling,like steaming wood.
Back to top Go down
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Flippin Eck if I used anything from the kitchen in my house that old bitch that makes me live with her would not only make sure the next thing in the pot was my knackers but she would force feed me them when they were cooked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder   

Back to top Go down

How to make your own Screen Lowers for Suzuki Intruder
Page 1 of 1