Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator

PostSubject: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Just wondered if anyone here has the skills to make speedo face replacements, such as are done on Webslinger. I don't think it would be to difficult for the right person to do & may attempt this myself as a winter project.
Obviously you couldn't print on to something that is porous in any way as dampness would enter it over time and distort the face.
Does anyone have any idea's of what could be used as a print face that would go through a home printer. if we could manage to find something to print onto it would not be to difficult to seal it.
If you have any input on this idea that would be great and I think if someone could do it there would be a ready market for them.
So, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
simbo
.. Mechanical Tart .. .. Site Moderator ..

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Could you not print on porous and then laminate to make waterproof ?
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6154185_waterproof-ink-jet-paper.html
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

I don't see any problems designing custom speedo faces mate.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm

MarcinG wrote:
I don't see any problems designing custom speedo faces mate.
good of you to offer

Problem is making it look professional, like Dave said what would be best to print a face onto considering possible issues of condensation or damp wrecking it
I reckon someone could be on to a nice little earner here if they could do these. A lot of the yanks buy them but it would be nice to have our own supplier
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 pm

What is the original made of?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am

These custom ones are made from Lexan..a polycarb.
That's beyond me as one would require a cutting machine + other stuff to actually get graphics on it.

I can do the digital design but someone else would need to do the "hard work".
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 am

I think Simbo's idea of print & laminate wood be worth a go. I think you should take the speed face off and then scan it. Then use photo shop to redesign the face which would garuntee the miles count ie 10 20 30 40 ECT are still where they are meant to be then you can print it out and laminate it to ensure any dampness stays out and your good to go. If it don't work you have lost nothing.
Back to top Go down
icetechaus
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 am

If you take the time you could actually correct the speedo so that it reads correctly.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:40 am

I am honestly starting to think this as actually a realistically viable idea, rather than just a crazy one.
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 am

I've looked at this before to convert metric speedos to imperial. It isn't quite as simple as it seems unfortunately. The dial is back lit which means for the digits to show properly at night that area needs a different paint density on even no paint on a semi translucent plate to allow the light to shine through. I work for a company that, amongst other things, sells the sort of machine you need to print on that type of thing. I might be able to get somebody to do me a favour for a very small run. If you're serious I'll ask.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Great, always worth asking
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Oky dokey. I should be meeting with the man I need to do this in a couple of weeks time. I'll have a quick word and let you know if we can do anything.
Back to top Go down
greasymike

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 pm

there is a web page of a guy who makes custom speedo faces..I think it's called Webslinger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face   

Back to top Go down

Replacement Suzuki Intruder Speedo Face
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1