Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hide your key & ignition mod

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Hide your key & ignition mod Empty
PostSubject: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Mr I tried trimming a C800 bar end weight after fitting chrome neck panels but gave up because it was to much hastle to cut but I have just noticed that the VStar ones are already nice and short and perfect for this mod as can be seen by the following pictures.

So if you have chrome neck panels and you do this mod it would make your key disapear to the passer by or would be theif if you left it in the ignition. Just cut the key off and use a resin to stick it inside the end weight

Hide your key & ignition mod DSC01098

Hide your key & ignition mod DSC01091 Hide your key & ignition mod DSC01095 Hide your key & ignition mod DSC01090
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Good find Crash. As you say with the chrome neck panels it would make the key and ignition disappear. Hide your key & ignition mod 996187811 Hide your key & ignition mod 3322349030
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 pm

I think that's a very classy solution to the old key problem. Hide your key & ignition mod 2170595768
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Good thread Crash Hide your key & ignition mod 996187811 I'm sure there's a thousand and one interesting things that could be found around the house as well Hide your key & ignition mod 3498837457 It's just a matter of thinking of the two items put together before making them into one, there would be some cool looking keys made up then Hide your key & ignition mod 696333
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 am

I really want to do that Vstar mod with the key but can I find a Vstar end weight the same as the one shown above on fleabay?
No I flippin well can't! Hide your key & ignition mod 3307848339
Back to top Go down
Twisted 66
Twisted 66

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:08 am

would love to see the pics of this mod, unfortunately the pics dont seem to work anymore...anyone?? wrote:
Mr I tried trimming a C800 bar end weight after fitting chrome neck panels but gave up because it was to much hastle to cut but I have just noticed that the VStar ones are already nice and short and perfect for this mod as can be seen by the following pictures.

So if you have chrome neck panels and you do this mod it would make your key disapear to the passer by or would be theif if you left it in the ignition. Just cut the key off and use a resin to stick it inside the end weight
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Not sure what happened there, have a look here instead. you can cut a key off and just use epoxy resin to seal it in to an item that you like. Sim did it with a skull if I remember right. This mod does make the key almost unnoticeable if you jumped off the bike for a second and didn't want to pull it out and put it in your pocket 

Hide your key & ignition mod Z

Hide your key & ignition mod Z
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks for bringing this up again, as I will look into again now. I did try it once with something to thick and gave up cutting it but need to look outside the box a bit for what I can use.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Chrome wheel nut covers? Spiked ones preferably lol Hide your key & ignition mod 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Good shout Sim. Hide your key & ignition mod 3498837457 
"Twisted 66" there are loads of basic covers on Ebay that would be suitable. I just typed in "Chrome wheel nut covers" and got loads of possibilities back UK Ebay LINK for British users and a  Canadian Ebay Link for you.  Lots on there when you browse that are hollow & easy to use and will look good.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:10 am

I think this modification is great if you want the key hidden withought actually hiding the ignition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide your key & ignition mod   Hide your key & ignition mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hide your key & ignition mod
Page 1 of 1