Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
typan

PostSubject: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAYPOLE-CHROMED-PLASTIC-50MM-CAR-TOWBALL-COVER-CAP-NEW-/370532064707?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item56456e9dc3

bought some very cheap chrome tow ball covers 55mm and they fit like a dream with some silicone inside,new choke knob and speedo visor.got new neck covers and chrome speakers and amp on order.getting a backrest for birthday off the mrs maybe.will take some better pics when i can get the bike out. link for tow ball covers up top of screen a cheap but effective mod.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Very smart Phill, love the speedo visor really adds a nice look and very good find with the 55mm chrome towball covers. I bet there will be a rush on them at that silly price
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:08 pm

cheers crash it was a trial that came good.
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm

looking good now,still wanting more,trying to get it done this winter.

Back to top Go down
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Lokking great Phill, she is a real looker for sure
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Good looking mods Phil,be interesting to see you at the Ponderosa in the Spring.
Back to top Go down
simbo
.. Mechanical Tart .. .. Site Moderator ..

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Very nice Phil ! Looking very nice indeed
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm

yes alfie will be going a lot this year my favourite ride out .
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Very Nice
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Just ordered a couple of those chrome fork end caps (tow ball covers) good & very cheap find Phill.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Damn you...I just had to order...didn't I?

Tell me I had to and I couldn't do anything about it!!
Back to top Go down
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm

MarcinG wrote:
Tell me I had to and I couldn't do anything about it!!

It would have been criminal not too!
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:54 am

when you fit the covers dave and marcin,be careful not to use to much force on them or they will split,its a perfect fit if you dont force them to much.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Phill, good shout.
Just noticed you said you would like to get some more mods done before winter is out. That Chrome spiked air filter Sim is selling would look glorious on your ride.
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 pm

yes thanks dave,im thinking of getting a standard air filter to fit the left side,so it matches the right,all the ones ive come across are scratched etc ill have to be patient.went out on bike this morning bit cold on the hands though but enjoyed it.my speakers are due tommorow so will be putting that on next ,then my flag pole when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 pm

I've installed speakers,had to move satnav so I could fit windshield bag,sounds great,run out of time tonight,so will route cables tomorrow.anyone know if I'm better to put amp in the open for airflow or hide etc. will put pics up when I get chance.
Back to top Go down
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 pm

that needs it own thread in the electrical section, otherwise it will just get lost in with this thread.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Well my fake fork caps arrived..and ones finish is messed up. The poly wrap is porous at the top of one of them :S

I'll position it so it can't be seen but it will be bugging the hell out of me in the back of my mind...grrr
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh that's a bummer, the postman attempted to deliver mine today but I was out.
Back to top Go down
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Drill a little hole in the bottom of them, otherwise they will eventuaully fill with water and the weight will help them come off. It don't matter how you put it on or how tight it is, sooner or later it will fill
Back to top Go down
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 pm

captain crash wrote:
Drill a little hole in the bottom of them, otherwise they will eventuaully fill with water and the weight will help them come off. It don't matter how you put it on or how tight it is, sooner or later it will fill

Good thinking Crash I'd never even thought about water getting in them :cmate:
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am

Good call Crash.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 pm

I've sent a feedback message to the seller, not really pushing for replacement but they replied promptly asking for photo, which I provided.

Now I received an email asking if I'd like a free replacement for the faulty one.
Hell yeah :]

Very nice service.
Back to top Go down
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm

That's good service Marcin
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm

customers always right marcin.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I tried fitting the covers that you guys got got Phill and Marcin. All I can say is my forks must be bigger than yours because I split the first one getting it on, so out of curiosity I sprayed the second one with WD40 to see if that would go on and that split as well. Both split as they first went on, neither were forced. They were only a couple of quid, so nothing lost.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:34 pm

That sucks Dave :shock:

After I've read that I went to the garage with the faulty one and tried to fit it... I slid it about half way in - tight fit but it goes in.
What may cause a split is the fact that the fork is not fully round and the cap stretches unnaturally in two places.

At least, like you said, it's not a big loss and I'm mentally ready to suffer the same fate knowing how gentle I am with plastic ;D
Back to top Go down
typan

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:29 am

hard luck dave,mine is a 2002 model marcins is 2003 so as to the size im not sure.wonder if you can get metal ones instead of plastic. could even cut a slit in the cover to ease the pressure etc.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Another email came in today:

Thanks for your email.

I can confirm that we are sending a free replacement for the item mentioned. This should arrive in the next few days.

Please keep the item you already received free of charge as a sign of good will.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

passion_automotive seem to care. Good seller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps    

Back to top Go down

New mods, Chrome Speedo Visor / Choke Knob & DIY Chrome Fork End Caps
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1