Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorcycle Radio Aerial?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Empty
PostSubject: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

I am going to start looking for a radio aerial for my bike stereo, this should help get a better reception in weaker areas for when I am not playing mpegs.
I may even fit two aerials to the rear if it looks good.
If anyone spots one that would look nice on the bike, could they please post a link in here please. A small one would be nice but a larger one could also double as a bendy flag pole possibly?
Just spotted this one on Ebay but I would need an adjustable angle mount with it as well. LINK
Motorcycle Radio Aerial? $(KGrHqV,!lUFBfluLJF7BQpVuyfWPw~~60_35
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Motorcycle Radio Aerial? 1337224149
I am having trouble with this one. Motorcycle Radio Aerial? 143088812
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm

when i was younger my radio had crap reception so i got about ten metal coat hangers and made them into a big mother that i taped to wall and cealing got a good signal so (and it's a big so) do you need an airial or sumething you can attach your airial to to help reseption and be a flag pole at the same time ask doc cox no dout some metals will aid your airial better than others probaly a crap idear but
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:38 pm

I live in a crappy signal area for radio, so when I am at or near my house my stereo radio signal is limited to only a few stations. However as soon as I am about a mile or two away I get more stations, so I would like to add the aerial just to assist in the shittier areas a bit when out on my bike. At the moment the aerial wire is still wound up in the tool roll so maybe if I just unwrapped it and ran it down my forks that might actually work just as well?
I just liked the idea of having a proper radio aerial on the bike, its the poser in me I'm afraid. Motorcycle Radio Aerial? 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Is it this type of thing your after ? Obviously swapping the rubber antenna for the shiny bee sting one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Flexible-AM-FM-LW-Aerial-Antenna-Roof-radio-Marine-Boat-Yacht-RIB-/270846553863?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0fb66f07
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Can't do these link things but try this on ebay. item number
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 pm

bikerdave wrote:
Can't do these link things but try this on ebay. item number
at last someone whos as shite as me on a computor
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
At the moment the aerial wire is still wound up in the tool roll so maybe if I just unwrapped it and ran it down my forks that might actually work just as well?
I just liked the idea of having a proper radio aerial on the bike, its the poser in me I'm afraid. Motorcycle Radio Aerial? 852880
lol least your honnest mate good luck on finding what your after
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:32 pm

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_177971_langId_-1_categoryId_165622http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_173381_langId_-1_categoryId_165622http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HIDDEN-AM-FM-MOTORCYCLE-ANTENNA-Harley-Honda-Tour-/110800171203

some i found ebay or halfords adjustable for less than a tenner,go on dave you be the guinea pig this time lol
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 pm

the one on ebay looks pritty good but as its hidden he wont be able to pose with it although he could mount it on his helmet (ooher missis) so that people could see it lol
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi fat intruder. I'm no good on computers or anything electrical. Still trying to wire my 8 track stereo in the car and set up my Betamax video Motorcycle Radio Aerial? 938687981
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm

flash git you got a betamax lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Radio Aerial?   Motorcycle Radio Aerial? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Radio Aerial?
Page 1 of 1