Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions?

Go down 
+5
oiler
alfie92
Proudtexson
simbo
AmericanJambo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Suggestions? Bike3_zpsdfb1a26c

Here's my bike as it sits now. Current upgrades are the Mustang seats, Cobra pipes, drag style headlight, new mirrors, new foot pegs. Planned customizations are dark gun metal grey paint on the fenders and tank, gloss black paint on a few of the major parts including the wheels, new grips, new clear turn signals that sit much closer to the frame and HID conversion for the front light.

So my question is what other upgrades/customizations do you guys recommend?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:33 am

Looking nice Jambo Suggestions? 3498837457 I think you've got most things covered, Chrome rad cover and crash bars with highway pegs would finish things off nice Suggestions? 123721
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 am

A pretty blond might help!
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 am

simbo wrote:
Looking nice Jambo Suggestions? 3498837457 I think you've got most things covered, Chrome rad cover and crash bars with highway pegs would finish things off nice Suggestions? 123721

Crash bars aren't my style but a rad cover might be nice in black. Any idea where I can get one, I've not seen any?
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:24 am

Proudtexson wrote:
A pretty blond might help!

Bahaha!!! Nice. I've got a 5'2" 105 pound little redhead to post up on the back when I throw the back seat back on it.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 am

Redhead is good
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 am

A fact of life. Redheads get prettier the older they get.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

I love redheads. Must be the Scottish in me.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Ebay for your rad cover,beware of some of the chinese ones cheap and nasty.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:20 am

Not many black rad covers around :what1: , But you could always spray a chrome one black ? loads of choice in chrome just waiting for your signature on it Suggestions? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 am

Radiators should be seen as little as possible. Whilst I accept the advantages of liquid cooling, when I started biking (and UK helmets were optional, and the EU wasn't trying to ruin or biking lives) ALL bikes were air-cooled. Fins on modern bikes try to re-create the 'traditional' look. Shame to spoil it by bringing attention to the rad. Just a thought. It's a cool looking bike as it is.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 am

oiler wrote:
Fins on modern bikes try to re-create the 'traditional' look.
The fins on water cooled bikes also cool the bike.
Back to top Go down
Freemo
Freemo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Chop the frame
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 pm

I love the vz800, I actually prefer its looks to the C800 and M800. You have a drag style lamp, and drag pipes, so I think a flat t-bar handlebars would look awesome behind those dual clocks. Also if it was my bike I would extend the planned gun metal paint job to the chrome side panel, its one of the very few bits I don't like quite so much because its very large, and makes the middle of the bike look really saturated in the shiny stuff. My personal preference is minimal use of chrome to make the engine really stand out, but it looks great either way as longs as its kept polished and in good condition. New indicators sound good, I reckon smoked or clear lenses on those would suit the look of your bike too.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

do something with the rear fender
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Bunso Steel wrote:
I love the vz800, I actually prefer its looks to the C800 and M800. You have a drag style lamp, and drag pipes, so I think a flat t-bar handlebars would look awesome behind those dual clocks. Also if it was my bike I would extend the planned gun metal paint job to the chrome side panel, its one of the very few bits I don't like quite so much because its very large, and makes the middle of the bike look really saturated in the shiny stuff. My personal preference is minimal use of chrome to make the engine really stand out, but it looks great either way as longs as its kept polished and in good condition. New indicators sound good, I reckon smoked or clear lenses on those would suit the look of your bike too.

The chrome covers under the seat I'm actually painting gloss black. as well as the air cleaner cover. If it wasn't such a pain I would take the primary covers off and paint them gloss black as well.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:54 pm

oiler wrote:
Radiators should be seen as little as possible. Whilst I accept the advantages of liquid cooling, when I started biking (and UK helmets were optional, and the EU wasn't trying to ruin or biking lives) ALL bikes were air-cooled. Fins on modern bikes try to re-create the 'traditional' look. Shame to spoil it by bringing attention to the rad. Just a thought. It's a cool looking bike as it is.

I don't mind the radiator at all but I don't want to call attention to it either. That's why I would paint the rad cover black is if I found one I liked.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:55 pm

I've been thinking about getting heat shields for the pipes and painting them black as well. I think it would produce a nice contrast.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm also thinking about swapping out the tail light for this one.

Suggestions? $(KGrHqMOKnIE3bd!Rwj7BN-Jn7qw7Q~~_12
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Looks to be a nice light, much better than stock.
Do ever run with the passenger seat attached? If not I would probably chop the whole rear, similar-ish to Vemax, his bike looks very aggressive.

Suggestions? TheHorror9June2012

Really shows off that lovelly rear wheel.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 pm

That certainly is a good looking chop but I do run the backseat on my bike when my girl rides and when we go on trips so it wouldn't work for me. If I had a second bike though I would go for that look. Looks badass.

Mr Intruder wrote:
Looks to be a nice light, much better than stock.
Do ever run with the passenger seat attached? If not I would probably chop the whole rear, similar-ish to Vemax, his bike looks very aggressive.

Suggestions? TheHorror9June2012

Really shows off that lovelly rear wheel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?   Suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1