Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

passenger seat as bag

Go down 
+5
alfie92
simbo
fat intruder
Bluesman
coffeescoffer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

passenger seat as bag Empty
PostSubject: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Just an idea at this stage. The passenger seat on my m50 does not get used and is quite thick. I am thinking if it was a container (bag or box) and lockable I could leave my gloves in there and my helmet on the hook when I go for a coffee. So how to do this. I am thinking of using the connections used by the seat to secure the bag/box and have the bag/box lockable. Looking at the bike I think this could be done without it being a gawd awful top box type contraption but with a subtle look.
Any one got nay ideas on how or what to use? passenger seat as bag 256401
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Something like a cash box which can be bought cheaply:

passenger seat as bag 884791_R_Z001_zpscf468e84
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm

good base to get the idear's flowin well done blues
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm

You could use the existing seat with the foam taken out and a wire frame so it holds it's shape, Then a zip across the middle of the seat part to gain entry.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Get yourself some stretch vinyl same colour as seat,then make your lockable box out of wood or steel, then cover it up with the vinyl.Bolt it down to your rear mudguard for security,this way you can decide how big you want it to be without it looking out of place.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Clever idea, probably easier said than done to get it to look right but definatelly worth a go. I will watch this with interest to see if its possible to do it without it looking like a bank safe has been bolted on the back, as that would just encourage idiots
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm

good piont crash
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:09 pm

You could mod the seat so it is hollow & spring loaded/hinged (but unsuspecting to the opportunist). Like the cycle seat below?....

[img]passenger seat as bag Secret-compartment-bike-bicycle-seat[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:14 pm

This is not as hard as it might at first seem.
Take the seat off. Remove the cover. cling film the foam. Cover the top, sides and a small lip underneath the seat with fibreglass. Allow it to set and remove the foam. now make a base out of fibreglass and attach it to the upper section with a hinge of some description. Now fix the seat cover back on the bike and fit some sort of small easy to fix key lock on the side like this.
passenger seat as bag 2Q==
Nobody would ever now that it was a secure holder and not a seat on the rear.

Bloody hell Paul, you thought of that while I was typing and just got in front of me. passenger seat as bag 291468
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm

this site is good lots of idear's and and if the last ones done and finished another first for the site i think
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 pm

We like firsts on here Morgan, we have done a fair few of them over the last 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:

Bloody hell Paul, you thought of that while I was typing and just got in front of me. passenger seat as bag 291468
passenger seat as bag 852880
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm

A good idea, with one but....me molding fiber glass passenger seat as bag 11528850
I have thought of taking the passenger seat off and making a pattern out of the base where it connects to the bike so I could alter a bag/box some how to secure it on.
I like the idea of having a box and covering it in vinyl so it blends in. The end closest to the seat seems like the most likely bit to be a problem.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
We like firsts on here Morgan, we have done a fair few of them over the last 2 years.
ohh yeh and had quite a few other sites use those idears
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Sandancer, I saw a friends sport bike with a rear seat that doubled as a container, but it came straight off unlike the hinged one above. I think the idea is a good one and am surprised some seat company, or top box crowd, hasn't made one.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:02 pm

coffeescoffer wrote:
A good idea, with one but....me molding fiber glass passenger seat as bag 11528850
I have thought of taking the passenger seat off and making a pattern out of the base where it connects to the bike so I could alter a bag/box some how to secure it on.
I like the idea of having a box and covering it in vinyl so it blends in. The end closest to the seat seems like the most likely bit to be a problem.
not as hard as it would seem they use fiberglass filler on cars you just put it on like normal filler smooth it and sand it when it sets i used to use it all the time on lorrys before we sprayed them you could practiss first with sum till your cumfortable useing it to get a mold maybe by a bit of foam cut sum out and have a go
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:37 pm

coffeescoffer wrote:
Sandancer, I saw a friends sport bike with a rear seat that doubled as a container, but it came straight off unlike the hinged one above.

Very true - my Gixxer rear seat hides my 'treasures' in a small but secure compartment - I use it all the time for sunglasses etc. No room for gloves though!
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm

i knew i seen them before

passenger seat as bag Ad-FastPack-Down_zps3bf444fc
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 pm

doobie wrote:
i knew i seen them before

passenger seat as bag Ad-FastPack-Down_zps3bf444fc

That's a tail pack - a bit bigger than the original compartment and not quite so secure but very popular. In fact I think a lot of trail bikes have little bags on the back.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 am

If you go with the wood and vinyl idea you can shape the container and make a backrest for yourself,adding some foam for comfort.You are only looking at approx. 6" high sloping down to around 4".Practice makes perfect,and you get more enjoyment out of the end product.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:48 pm

blues these are actuall replacment seats not tail bags
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

I got a MotoDry tank bag with a bra and took the passenger seat off then the attachment off the seat. I then screwed the attachment thingy back on and pushed a part of the bra under it as far as it would go. The other half I sat on the fender (where the seat was) and cut it so the tag for the lip went through. I put the bag on that and cut it so the tag came through then slipped a piece of metal under tag. This fastens the bag down from the inside to the bra, which is fastened to the bike by the tag and the seat attachment thingy. I'm looking at attaching the bra more securely to the attachment thingy, but it does seem quite secure when I tug on it. I will also use some black vinyl to hide the ugly visible edges left as the bag isn't quite the same shape/size as the seat was. When done I will post a pic. The bag is lockable and should be secure enough for my uses.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Sound glad you sorted something out.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Thats great, we will be looking forward to seeing that. passenger seat as bag 3498837457
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 pm

OK these are the pics of the bag on were the passenger seat was.

passenger seat as bag P3090002

passenger seat as bag P3090004

passenger seat as bag P3090001

passenger seat as bag P3090005

These views show different angles so it can be seen how it integrates. Not perfect, but easy to remove if the seat is required and secure.
The seat attachment piece has two holes for screws to hold it to the seat. I used them to secure the bra to the holder then the bag to the bra with the metal tongue under the lip.The bag is very securely attached and not possible to pull off without opening the bag which is locked. Around the other way the bag fits better but access to the rain cover is lost,
I hope this is useful.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Good little mod,always good to see other peoples work.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Handy Mod passenger seat as bag 2170595768 Useful little bag for storage.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Clever thinking. passenger seat as bag 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: passenger seat as bag   passenger seat as bag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

passenger seat as bag
Page 1 of 1