Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Permanent battery optimiser lead

Go down 
+3
peardrop3
MarcinG
Mr Intruder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Permanent battery optimiser lead Empty
PostSubject: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:41 am

I've ordered a Oxford Oximiser 900 and am thinking of attaching the permanent connection by drilling a hole through the plastic surround case that the battery and that sits in and through the tool kit holder so that the connector will be inside the tool kit holder for easy access. I'd use wire gromits to keep it in place and hopefully prevent any water getting in. Anyone done this or are there any issues? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:09 am

I simply have my bikes lead attached to the battery and the lead comes out from under the seat. It is actually held firmly in place by the seat & saves making unnecessary changes to the bike. I did have it in other non visible positions but this works well & if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Permanent battery optimiser lead 20140108_085922_zpsff283d9b

Permanent battery optimiser lead 20140108_090030_zpsfe24c579
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 am

Mr Intruder wrote:
I simply have my bikes lead attached to the battery and the lead comes out from under the seat. It is actually held firmly in place by the seat & saves making unnecessary changes to the bike. I did have it in other non visible positions but this works well & if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Permanent battery optimiser lead 20140108_085922_zpsff283d9b

Permanent battery optimiser lead 20140108_090030_zpsfe24c579

Same here.
Mine comes out from under the seat and hangs freely in between side cover and passenger peg mount.
Never had any issues, never dropped any lower, never jumped and changed position. And since it's black, it's hardly visible :]
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 pm

My Optimate lead drops safely under the seat on the left side just in fron of the tool box cover. not moved since I installed it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Dave (Mr Intruder) forgot to say or just didnt say but I thought it was worth saying. He has made a charge lead for his car and has it by the grill & can easily top the battery up using it  Permanent battery optimiser lead 184121345
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:20 pm

I'll have a look tonight and see which way I could have it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Captain Crash wrote:
Dave (Mr Intruder) forgot to say or just didnt say but I thought it was worth saying. He has made a charge lead for his car and has it by the grill & can easily top the battery up using it  Permanent battery optimiser lead 184121345

No I didn't forget to say, I chose not to.  Permanent battery optimiser lead 852880 
You are right though, I have twice over the winter plugged the car into the 12v bike charger to ensure that the battery is in tip top condition for the wife. I have a very long extension lead that I made up that plugs into the charge lead of the charger. I then just run that through the letter box & plug it into the car. I also use the cars charger lead end as an easy point to quickly attach the battery desulphater into. Batteries take a lot of abuse during the winter & you will usually only realise the battery is bolloxed when you need to start the car or bike & it won't start. Also an easy point to quickly attach and get a battery power reading from my voltage meter.
I also made a lead as a permanent attachment to my 12v battery powered emergency power pack for a quick & easy way of attaching the bikes charger to that as well. I just find it easy if I can easily charge or keep conditioned all 12v battery using items in the same way.
For anyone that wants to make an extension lead for there bike charger, you can buy the male & female lead ends from Maplins for a couple of pounds.

I'll have a look tonight and see which way I could have it. wrote:
I'll have a look tonight and see which way I could have it.

Good for you, better than drilling for the sake of it.  Permanent battery optimiser lead 3498837457
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Rattler... I was kinda thinking about something the same, I have the optimizer also... then my kids asked for a "Kiss"... (Keep it simple stupid).... 

What I wound up doing is changing the Plug on the part that connects to the battery to a female and Male on the charger... Did this so that I can make a set of jumper cables that can plug in to the lead from the battery instead of me having to take the seat and everything else off...

As for winter charging I take the battery out...
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Could I please ask why CanadianCruiser changed the lead on the battery optimiser. Mine came with a female already attached and was installed in the same way as pictured higher up by Mr Intruder. My apologies if I have missed the obvious.
The model I have is shown below and the female ended lead with the cap at the bottom is the one connected to the batter.

My battery optimiser.

Permanent battery optimiser lead 44722
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:01 pm

With my Optimate I use the male/female connectors for the charger to plug into & I also have a seperate lighter socket outlet(waterproof) that can be plugged into it if i need to charge our phones or the wife's Tablet pc etc whilst we're on the move.
I personally think it's another one of the things that is a must on your bike as it's such a small thing but can be so useful. 
I do believe in the states there is also a jump lead version so you can jump start another bike from yours, not a thing i'd like to do myself but it would be a useful think to be able to do possibly by modifying the crocodile clips that already come with the kit?
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Ken  I changed out the plastic connector on the end that bolts to the battery... I changed it to match the end on the Jumper cables I made... ( I always carry a set in my car and bike & didn't feel like paying $35 for a pair...)

The end with the clamps and the end on the charger are OEM. I just use those to charge the battery when in storage..
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Good thing about this sort of charging/conditioning item is that as CanadianCruiser has done & I have also. The ends are so easily changed to do what you require with them. Mine is used for charging various 12v items. It really is a one size fits all, as long as the buyer is prepared to change the connectors and add various ones to items that do not have them. Got to be the one electrical item that is in constant use in my little workshop. If it ain't connected to this, then it's connected to that. Great buys.
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:19 am

It really makes them versatile... I have a spare connecter going to take one of my old 12v lighter sockets and make a removable plug so I can connect my Iphone (great for when out using the map or tunes...)
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Thank you for explaining, I will at some point do as you both say. Using the item as a multiple conditioner is a most splendid arrangement and means that money well spent becomes money extremely well spent.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:56 pm

That's a good idea to have a 12v cigarette lighter as an extra socket available within the workshop, that is powered by the item.  I will make one up as another add on this very afternoon:thumbup:
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm

I keep the socket tucked away with my Jumper cables under the seat.... Just unlock and plug and go...

Wife & kids bought me a fork bag for Christmas so going to be using that for my 2 pairs of safety glasses (Tinted and non tinted for Highway riding) and my normal sunglasses that I use in town...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Permanent battery optimiser lead   Permanent battery optimiser lead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Permanent battery optimiser lead
Page 1 of 1