Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windscreen effects on a pillion

Go down 
+4
Mr Intruder
azcam
bigmal
simbo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Windscreen effects on a pillion Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Gents

Been reading with interest about all your windscreens. I want to get one.
The question I have though and I have looked In the threads, is.
How does it effect the pillion? Are they better protected?  Do they get
Buffeted more?

As always I am most greatful for your help
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Just had a word with a woman of "great knowledge" and she says? it makes no difference whatsoever? but she also said? the faster I go, the more her head wobbles  Laughing  Fast it is from now on then!  hyst  I've only got a relatively cheap screen though, not sure how these top jobbies perform?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks sim. Is it worse with or without the screen!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 pm

The "Oracle" says, no difference, due to the fact she's a lot higher up than me.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:06 pm

Oh dear. I've told the wise one on the back
That it will make her more comfortable,  hence why she is ok with me spending
£200 to get one. Shhhhhhhhh. 
Don't tell her. ...He heee heee
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Well... Because you will be mor comfortable with the screen, you will ride smoother. So that will in turn make her pillion experience better.

Just made that up, but you're welcome to it!
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 pm

BIGMAL=LEGEND...
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Which screen you ordered Arron? Should be a good un for 200 spnodoolies.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:28 pm

http://www.metriccruisers.co.uk/acatalog/vl800_intruder_windshields.html
Highway Hawk Deluxe shield, is what I'm after. Anygood?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Nah shit mate!  hyst Dunno to be honest? I don't know anyone with one of those, Looks the business though! I've always fancied a "National Cycles" screen, due to their quick release ability and variations of screen hight, but they ain't cheap over here and it's a bit of a gamble ordering from eBay.com if they'd get scratched in transit?
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Don't know what make mine is, as it bought it second hand, but it's a similar style.

So just bobbed out to the garage and took a pic with sizes to help you visualise it on your bike...

Windscreen effects on a pillion <a href=Windscreen effects on a pillion Imagejpg1-10" />
In the blurb, it says the highway hawk is Height = 41.5cm / Width = 48cm. Might be
Worth Checking if that's overall height or height from cutout...
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Thanks Sim. Always that one step further.  Will speak to mike
And see what he says.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:16 am

I like the arguments in this thread for having screens.  hyst  Hope you have asked Mike for the suzuki800 member discount.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi Arron, take a look at my posts, theres a photo of the one I've just put on, don't know about the pillion as I never carry a passenger but you will really appreciate the difference it makes to the rider Windscreen effects on a pillion 586905 , mines a 'V stream' Windscreen effects on a pillion 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Just thought I'd mention that after putting my "lowers" back on at the weekend, the boss said they made a big reduction to the amount buffeting her head got at 70+ mph.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Thats good to know.

Thanks sim
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 pm

That actually makes a lot of sense as they stop the additional up current.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Well thats the wind screen High Way Hawk Deluxe ordered from Metric.

Windscreen effects on a pillion Hhws_zps056393fb

£196 quid including p&p and 10% discount.
It was actual cheaper than it was advertised on their web site. 
So its worth ringing rather than just ordering of the web site.
Jon was helpful as always. Cant wait to get it now
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:41 pm

That looks a really nice screen.  Windscreen effects on a pillion 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:30 am

Good to know that a cheap add on like lowers which a lot of guys make themselves really make a difference to the pillion as well
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Prospect
Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:27 am

I've had a screen since new, 2007 C50 and I'm 186cm tall and until I made some lowers and installed them the wind vortex was so strong I couldn't see clearly
 at speeds over 80klmh. But the lowers make an amazing difference, my wife and pillion agrees with me she would rather have the screen attached.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 pm

I remember in my younger days, I used to ride pillion with some of my mates quite a bit. From memory the most buffeting at speed comes from the rider - and it was amazing how much smoother the airflow was when you were actually riding - irrespective of whether or not there was a screen fitted to the bike.

The size/height of the pillion passenger will have an influence - as will any difference in height of the rider/passenger. on many cruisers the pillion is perched so they have some view over the rider - but seeing we are all different shapes & sizes there is not always the case - so there is no 'one size fits all' answer !

A cruiser screen should generally provide some benefit for both rider & passenger - & as Mal said - TELL them (passenger) it is better .... & you are half way there (i.e - At least it is better for you ! )

I have no experience of the benefits of 'lowers', but am aware that lots of forum users have 'endorsed' them as 'good kit' in the past.

Anyway - the best way to sum it up is - if you've spent the money, & like how your bike looks with it on , and you get some tangible aerodynamic benefit from it when riding your bike - then all is well in your world !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen effects on a pillion   Windscreen effects on a pillion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windscreen effects on a pillion
Page 1 of 1