Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HH Delux Blade Windscreen

Go down 
+8
Rob Reimer
stingray
Twojobmick
Mr Intruder
simbo
Ken1964
captain crash
azcam
12 posters
AuthorMessage
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Empty
PostSubject: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Highway Hawk Screen came today. Only took four days from the UK to get to German, so well impressed with that.
Bit off a bugger to fit, trying to get it all square. Not had a chance to ride it yet, cause of the dirty rain clouds so can
not tell how much off a difference it makes. Also unsure what the best position to have it in tell i get it on the road.
Any and all tips welcome.

Here's a few piks, hope you all like. Its quite a thick screen as well, don't know if that will show on the pictures.

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 20140804_180635_zps1b5449d5

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 20140804_180758_zps552947d7

Conical fork mountings. Fair bit off adjustment can be made

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 20140804_180713_zps187d288c

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 20140804_180832_zps1d714ad5

Shes still getting there.

Last edited by azcam on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 pm

She looks bloody ace, I love it. Best and only tip that I know of is to buy or make lowers cause they really help the screen perform at its best. Sim and Alfie and a few others have made them
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm

That is a great service, very nice screen Sir.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 pm

That looks an excellent piece of kit  HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 102087026 I'd start at the same angle as the forks and then adjust as required? probably won't need much adjustment from the fork angle   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 3498837457
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Thanks for all off your advice and nice comments. Will give the fork angle a try Sim.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:42 pm

That looks like an excellent quality bit of kit, adding the lowers as said will add so much more comfort.  HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Agree with the others, angle as per forks and definitely fit lowers. The top of the screen should be level with the bridge of your nose or so you can see around 50ft (15m ) in front of you over the top of it. This should ensure the air goes over the top of your helmet.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 pm

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 3498837457 I'm sure you will find a huge difference & it really looks the mutts nuts HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 103551 , a little bit of fettling to get the best results lgd  HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 65147
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 am

Looks nice! I really like the shape of the trim on the front. Looks alot better than just flat steel that the rest use.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:22 am

Good looking screen, I really like the colour scheme of your bike.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 am

Yes ... a very nice 'Traditional looking cruiser screen with some subtle styling touches ! HH  Delux Blade Windscreen 102087026
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks for every one's nice comments. Having g a bugger of a time trying to get the angle right. 
Had it the same as the forks and it felt like my head was vibrating and my vision went blured. 
Made it a bit more up right and it was'nt so bad. Screen is as high as it will go, level with my mouth. Will try again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Arron if any of your mates have got lowers fitted try them on yours or make some up there is a link somewere on them,you can mess all day with the screen,and most of the time it is the fact you need lowers.I hope this helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks alfie. Been looking at different threads and that's the conclusion I've come up with.
Why aren't lowers included with the screen as it's obviously needed.  Don't tell you that in the blog
Do they. Must admit not to keen on the look of lowers. Have seen the National Cycle Chrome lowers. Just need to do some digging around to source some.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:14 am

It is amazing the difference lowers make, although if the top of the screen is level with your mouth that seems to be too low.
Back to top Go down
oldtom
oldtom

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:59 am

I have purchased the same screen and can confirm it is really well made. I have a 2014 C800 L4. However, after fitting it I found the lower edge of the right side bracket comes into contact with the ignition key when in the 'off' position. In the 'On' position the bracket clears the key bu about 1mm. The brackets are mounted high up to the lower edge of the top yoke.
The dealer has been very helpful and offered me a full refund which I did not want as I really like the screen. Over the phone we compared bracket lengths and these are identical. He contacted Suzuki and they said there has been no modifications to the forks from previous years and the dealer has bikes in stock with this screen fitted and they have had no problems.
At the dealers suggestion, I have had a key cut with a smaller head and this is just about clears the bracket, but is a close run thing.
Has anyone else had a problem with this.
Thoughts: is it possible to rotate the position of the ignition lock? if so that may be the answer.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Hey Aaron, full face helmet or open face ?
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi Tom any chance of some photos to see what you mean,would be easier for members to give some advise for you.      Aaron: I always find that with a full face and closed visor the wind noise and sound is always worse.You could try a set of 2"bar risers,if any of your mates have them fitted to see if that helps,screens are good things but can be very frustrating getting them right.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi ya Alfie, Mick
Ive got a flip front helmet and i find the wind noise almost stops when i have it open. 

Tom.
It wasn't until i read your post, that i went out and had a look. As you can see by the pics, I've been lucky as it doesn't come into contact with the key. However it it very very close.

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Bracket3_zps71321743
Very close

Also i had to move the screen up a notch to get rid of the buffeting, as i found the screen to be just that little bit low for me (5'9"). Its not ideal but there is no movement in it at all, as the top bolts, although not attached to anything stop it from moving.

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Bracket2_zpsc3b34e78

Inside view

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Bracket1_zps46c6d376

outside view

The brackets as you can see , are as far up the forks as they can go. I padded the back of the brackets out with pipe insulation foam, That way they did not slide down and sat right at the top.

HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Bracket4_zps9058a3de

Hope this is of some help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HH Delux Blade Windscreen   HH  Delux Blade Windscreen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HH Delux Blade Windscreen
Page 1 of 1