Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Parts required for the project:
A pad from an old chair, a piece of chipboard cut foam to line the back with synthetic leather, stapler, screws, nuts, washers, 2 pieces of metal drilled and bolted to join the pad inside the spring that opens the seat, plastic bellows taken of an old office chair. A screw adjustment to tilt forward and serve as a stop for the pad.
Tip: Stapling the pad inside all the way around with a strip of leather folded for a more perfect union between the front and the rear seat. Don't forget the heat gun.
Then if needed, just unscrew the interior of the bank that leaves everything at once, without getting any marks or visible holes.

4 days to think about the material and look the parts needed, 1 full day to perform all the work and after test it on the road.
I did it today to make sure everything worked well or if i would need to make some adjustments on it.

Well 155 miles at once, without any back pain. Since it had a hinge with bolt inclination, if i wanted to change or adjust the driving position, the pad "adapts perfectly to all changes" and even with the imperfections of the road.

Both back pain and kidney disappeared as if by miracle.
And i loved want i did.

Let me show you people:

Back to top Go down
simbo
.. Mechanical Tart .. .. Site Moderator ..

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 pm

That looks fooking superb!    it looks well comfy! not only that? it doubles up as a picnic table in the folded down position too   ilis
Back to top Go down
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Cracking job that Jose 
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:13 pm

What a good job, love home engineering.  
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Love the 'dual purpose' suggestion from Sim ilis
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:02 am

Jose, that's really   m8,   a lot
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:56 am

So duz me!  you certainly have some skills Jose and as for Sim's suggestion, I can certainly see a couple of steaming hot mugs of char on top of that in a layby somewhere!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 am

Well done Jose! cracking bit of improvisation that! 
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:44 am

good job. Where did you get your tank protector from? different  quite like it
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:46 am

Looking good 

Dont fall asleep riding now it is so comfortable 
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Thank you all for your feedback.

Hello Morgan (Fat Intruder) about the tank's cover was also made by me. I took a type of foam that is normally used for base for glasses, carpets, bathroom, etc..then i cut it to be molded to the tank. I folded and pressed down with two pieces of rubber and metal profile usually used to be placed on the door's cars to avoid damaging them.

P.S. One of my TV heroes ( if i may say so, was the MacGyver series) and from nothing he could do anything, only with this mind, skills and knowledge. I am only a "micro nano portion of it, of course) Embarassed .

Perhaps i will follow the Simbo's idea to turn it into a picnic or perhaps a poker one.
But the problem is: "Where in the hell i put the chairs"??? hyst hyst hyst
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:17 pm

cool looks good. So what's next then? lol
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi Morgan, for know only ideas.
What is more difficult is to move from ideas to reality and use materials that are not just for a single role.And of course it takes time.

I don't want to go ahead with something and regret it later.
My only goal is to customize it and at any time (if i want), take everything out and stay as the original, unmarked.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Good mod Jose.You can never regret doing a mod,if it does not look right you just improve it.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 am

Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Damn clever, I bet it would even double as laptop table!! when stationary of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800   

Back to top Go down

I made the cheapest driver backrest pad for the M800
Page 1 of 1