Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some big ass saddlebags?

Go down 
+4
Bigredbus4468
peardrop3
bigmal
azcam
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

Some big ass saddlebags? Empty
PostSubject: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi can anyone recommend some good sized saddlebags for the vl800/c800 which will clear the exhaust?
Just purchased a new to me fuel injected c800 but the bags on it are a bit tatty and old so looking for some larger ones so its better suited for touring.
Around £100 budget really. 
Will also get pics of the bike when i collect it but cant for a while as ive come down with chicken pox!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Eazy, Congratulations on your new bike,,, I think your best bet will be to scour eBay for some good used ones.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Have a look at these. I love them.
thread
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:26 pm

What kinda price Are they Aaron? Look bloody great!
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Might be a bit on the pricey side but like I said I love them and there's loads of room

metric customs ebay uk
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:25 am

azcam wrote:
Might be a bit on the pricey side but like I said I love them and there's loads of room

metric customs ebay uk
I don't think that is pricey for the bags that your getting, bloody good bags in many ways. Some big ass saddlebags? 102087026
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:45 am

I got my mammoth bags from Custom Crusiers at Alfreton for £100-00, good value & very very large & the owner is very knowledgable! Mention the 800 forum & you usually get a discount also!
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Got mine from www.motorcyclehouse.co.uk
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm

That website doesnt exist.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:36 pm

It works on my pc? Link
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Link has been changed since. That link works thanks
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Managed to track down the exact ones i used to have:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://www.motor-bike.ro/motor-bike-ro/eshop/1-1-ACCESORII-MOTO/179-2-Genti-chopper-Cobburi/5/1941-Genti-Chopper-IRON-HORSE-SATTELTASCHEN-27L&prev=search

For the life of me i cant find any that are that size or bigger. They fit perfectly on my vl800, but even with them i struggled to take all my camping gear hence looking for alternatives for a good price
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Frig me 27 litre. Some big ass saddlebags? 102087026
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Yea they were big. Biggest i could find at a good price are some on ebay, 23 litre. Sports bike panniers are best, often expand to 40+ litres each. I may buy some sports bike ones for long hauls and some smaller leather ones for daily rides
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Would these be too big

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxide-Motorcycle-Panniers-motorcycle-saddlebags/dp/B00CMG5910/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1418829780&sr=1-9&keywords=Oxide

I put the dimensions in a calculator and they are 53L each. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:33 pm

They look to be a good buy, nice find.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Some big ass saddlebags? 428386  Look to be a good buy.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Really big!! really nice quality, Highly recommended if you want to carry sh*t loads of stuff :),, they get a good review   Laughing They look pretty cool too!  Some big ass saddlebags? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Ken1964 wrote:
They look to be a good buy, nice find.
Cheers been trolling around the net looking for the largest i can get. The brand is Oxide and they do a few saddle bag models of larger sizes around 33l. 
I just worry they might rub on the fender or block the passenger pegs. Very hard to tell without buying them. But 53 litres each!? You could pretty comfortably tour two up with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some big ass saddlebags?   Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some big ass saddlebags?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: Panniers Luggage, racks etc-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» Hey to all
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby alongfortheride Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 pm

» Just saying hello as asked... plus a question.
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby SAM11206 Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm

» Hello!
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby Onigatudor Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:39 pm

» Choke plunger
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby flying1 Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:43 pm

» Hello intruder people
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby nano Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:19 pm

» Hi from North east England
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby Brianhuck Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:30 pm

» VX800 - Wiring issue colours & diagram?
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby Billybop90 Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:44 am

» Looking for a set of Leg wind deflectors for a C50 Boulivard.
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby Aikido789 Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:11 am

» 12inch apes
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby bernard chaddock Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:06 pm

» Saying hello from Cheshire
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby bernard chaddock Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:58 pm

» ola de portugal
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby fabio almeida Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:28 am

» Hello from Texas
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby icoolwecool99@gmail.com Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:47 pm

» VX800 vacuum hose(s) 1996
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby Billybop90 Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:16 pm

» Chrome Fender Tips - Volusia VL800, Boulevard C50T
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby SWEET Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:25 pm

» New to the site
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby VAI777 Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:32 pm

» oldies but goldies
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby redevil Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:59 am

» My new M800
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby Urko Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

» Just visiting for final drive info...
Some big ass saddlebags? Icon_minitimeby CS_0427 Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:28 am