Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dirtyest bike i've ever had

Go down 
+3
Skidalot
simbo
fat intruder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

dirtyest bike i've ever had  Empty
PostSubject: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:09 pm

after owning my 800 for a while now I have concluded that it seems to like covering it's self with shit of the road lol sooo I have started to look for a fender extender does anyone know if they do one for my bike or should I just look for a universal one?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Here ya go Morgan  dirtyest bike i've ever had  3498837457
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-M800R-Intruder-Extenda-Fenda-Fender-Extender-Front-Mudguard-Extension-/191076930497?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c7d1293c1
dirtyest bike i've ever had  $T2eC16dHJHYE9nzpfILMBQ8FDd7Mh!~~60_57
Or you can get the same one from Pyramid Plastics,It's more expensive though?
https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/accessory.html?h=14_100343&accessoryCode=64&d=M800R+Intruder+Extenda+Fenda++&partNumber=050450
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 4:39 pm

ooohhh thanks Sim I must be blind lol I've had a look on the net and didn't see anything apart from the rubber ones that are universal spoze I just have to decide which sort to go for that one looks good I think the rubber ones are wider so might stop more shite flinging up do I go for practicality or looks? hhuuurrmmmm dirtyest bike i've ever had  852880
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Well take a tip, drill two holes and secure it with rivets. Otherwise you'll find yourself riding over the bloody thing with your back wheel as the adhesive is shite! lol!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:46 pm

I think Mr I made one out of a bit of leather he cut from some old saddle bag, there is a link on here some where. They made a massive difference, I am sure he was well happy with the results, must be cause he still has them on the front mudguard
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Skidalot wrote:
Well take a tip, drill two holes and secure it with rivets. Otherwise you'll find yourself riding over the bloody thing with your back wheel as the adhesive is shite! lol!

lol! totally agree mate never just hope the sticky tape will hold it on.

thanks Crash did look at that thread while I was seeing what I could do the one Dave made looks good but I don't have any spare leather could probably dig up a bit of rubber from somewhere in a shed or garage if I root about enough lol.

I like the one Sim posted up has anyone with a m800 fitted one of these be nice to get some feed back dirtyest bike i've ever had  3005623951

they also do ones which are rubber (universal) with Suzuki on them
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:56 pm

I've got one on my bandit Morgan, not for keeping it clean though, it's to stop stones hitting the radiator, does a good job too.
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:04 am

dirtyest bike i've ever had  428386 on the good job side of it. I aint got one on the M800 yet (its more the aesthetics with a bike like that perhaps?). With the RV125 that I have, I have to use it on some seriously rutted farm roads that I have to ride on. (ones that you would not drive the family saloon down!).....Pics please Morgan, if you get round to doing it?  dirtyest bike i've ever had  3498837457
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 am

good point Sim I'm thinking I'll get one (I'm a sucker for cheap mods lol) will sort out some pics when I get one Skidalot dirtyest bike i've ever had  3005623951
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:23 am

I made one a while back, one of the cheapest and best mods I have done. ( - LINK - )  This little mod saved my bike from a lot of shite & unnecessary cleaning.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Must agree with Dave,when you make your own you decide how it looks and how big it is, as bought ones are standard sizes and mainly small to keep cost down.Just make yourself a template out of corn flake packet or the like and design it to your needs and cosmetics,then when you feel "thats it" cut it out out of the material you wish to use.I have used leather mouse mats,rubber mats anything that is lying around and free,go for it,something to pass an hour away in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Andy1969
lumpectomist
Andy1969

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:31 pm

I fitted one to my M800, when I fitted mine I took the front mudguard off and drilled 4 small holes and used the supplied clips, fits a treat and is very secure.  This is the only good (ish) picture that I have of it

dirtyest bike i've ever had  <a href=dirtyest bike i've ever had  IMAG0074_zps000c300b" />
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 7:19 pm

fantastic Andrew thank you very much that gives a very good shot of what they look like fitted and nicely fitted to dirtyest bike i've ever had  3498837457  soooo next question how does it compare to having just the stock front mudguard looks like it would make quite a bit of difference does it stop a lot of the crap covering your legs from ya feet to knees lol
Back to top Go down
Andy1969
lumpectomist
Andy1969

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 1:03 am

I know I'm going to get stick for this  Very Happy but my bike never goes out in bad weather (let the abuse begin  dirtyest bike i've ever had  3213823784 ) so I can't comment on keeping rain and craps off me, but it does stop a lot of chippings from giving my radiator a belting, but I also avoid chippings and rough surfaces wherever possible  dirtyest bike i've ever had  2740622253 PS I also keep my bike in the house during the winter ! !   Andy
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:58 pm

dirtyest bike i've ever had  996187811 hyst it looks good anyway and fits nicely so I think I'll get one
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Andy1969 wrote:
I know I'm going to get stick for this  Very Happy but my bike never goes out in bad weather (let the abuse begin  dirtyest bike i've ever had  3213823784 ) so I can't comment on keeping rain and craps off me, but it does stop a lot of chippings from giving my radiator a belting, but I also avoid chippings and rough surfaces wherever possible  dirtyest bike i've ever had  2740622253 PS I also keep my bike in the house during the winter ! !   Andy

Which begs the Question,, Why do you have a 'Fender Extender'  on your bike? Were you in the Scouts as a child? Be Prepared! an all that  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Andy1969
lumpectomist
Andy1969

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:56 am

I am always prepared Sim Laughing, I only ever ride in bad weather if I get caught out in it, my wife and I went away for the night in the summer to west Wales and it pissed down for the entire time we were away, being the epitome of a fair weather biker I was not a happy bunny I can tell you  dirtyest bike i've ever had  536894  , right then lets get in the living room and start polishing  dirtyest bike i've ever had  3213823784
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dirtyest bike i've ever had    dirtyest bike i've ever had  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dirtyest bike i've ever had
Page 1 of 1