Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!

Go down 
+2
Mr Intruder
Keith81
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Keith81
Keith81

V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Empty
PostSubject: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Since taking delivery of my M800 around 6 weeks ago I have had a list of things I would like to do to it. I love the bikes as stock but I just wanted to add a few personal touches.

After the 2013 rear end upgrade I was planning on white wall tyres but I spotted a bargain priced set of V&H Cruzers on e-bay, I had a bid and won them for a lot less than I thought.

I thought that this would be a nice easy job to fit and it would have been if it wasn't for my mistakes through being tired after a long few days at work but I was eager to fit them, I made it harder than it should have been V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 3541186231.

The old pipes came off nice and easy, the stud at the front was a little tighter than the other 3 but a bit of patience got it out? 

Fitting the new pipes was going well until I noticed the O2 sensor mounting was at the front of the new pipes, my O2 sensor was mounted at the back of the bike on the old pipes. 

I didn't see it as too much of an obstacle as I decided to cut the wires on the sensor, make them long enough to reach the front of the bike, solder the joints and make a good job, it was getting a little late at this point....

Around 1 hour of chopping and soldering later everything was built up as it should be with the new longer cable tied to the frame and routed under the tank to the coupling under the seat. Job well done. Time for bed.

Tonight I got home from work all eager to take the bike out for a run and listen to the new pipes. I started the bike up in awe of the throaty rumble coming from my shiny new pipes. Then I noticed a slight blow coming from the pipes. Upon closer inspection I found that the pipes had a rear O2 sensor mount hole too. I could have just plugged the sensor in the rear without chopping and soldering the wires, what a dip stick V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 4160623885. I found a bolt to block the rear hole and job complete, even though I did go the longest way around it ha ha.

Stock Pipes
V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! <a href=V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! IMG_3344" />

New Cruzers
V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! <a href=V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! IMG_3347" />
V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! <a href=V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! IMG_3346" />

So tonight I finally got out to try the new pipes. Wow, I think that they are awesome!! They are a bit on the loud side which I did expect but its just what I wanted.
Maybe in time I might invest in the quieter baffles but along as the revs are kept low while Im on my estate I don't think Ill get too many complaints ha ha.
Accelerating sounds great, I did a few miles up the A1 and I wouldn't say that it drones at 70MPH, it sounds as I expected it to.
 I purposely took a trip to Doncaster which isn't too far from me just to go through a tunnel under the shopping centre, the echo of the rumbling pipes sounded like thunder hbb

In a nutshell I am happy with the look of the pipes, they are shorter which I like. The sound is throaty and suits the bike in my opinion.
If it wasn't for my tired mistake with the O2 sensor it would have been a nice little job with great results.

Thanks for reading V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 881924
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Sadly, at times you live and learn a little Keith. V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 437349
Well pleased you love the pipes, as I do mine. V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 3498837457 
They look so much nicer than the stock pipes and sound so much cooler as well, infact the bike now sounds like a cruiser.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:20 pm

cool job well done V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 3498837457 V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 184121345 V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 pm

The pipes look and sound much better Keith! they really suit the bike  V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 2170595768 respect for owning up to your little mishap too! although it's an easy thing to do in the eagerness while fatigued to fit the zorsts  V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 65147 it gave me a giggle at your expense! I'll be sure to mention it when you get yourself up to squires over the summer  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 8:19 am

I think the Vance and Hines Cruzer exhaust makes the Intuders look so much better, the stock exhausts seem to make the bike look ALL exhaust on the right hand side. This is only my view on it , some people like the stock exhaust, each to their own.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Mr I, Sim et al... can I ask a simple(?) question from a simple soul eh?
I see the basic family engine & frame on the VZ, VL, M, C etc & I am probably going to ask a question that will be an affirmative but can ANY loud pipes fit across the range ie VZ fitting VL etc?
I get the feeling that some of us are not sure as to the answer so I'm asking it for ME so others can see your answers, & I do understand the difference that the 02 censors are fitted to some & not other models & can be eradicated.
So lets have some plain simple answers for me & for any other owner out there who may be considering fitting some new pipes ok?
Thanks in advance  V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Peter:
Any exhaust that is designed to fit the 2001 & onwards VL/C will fit either bike, but only from 2005 & onwards VZ/M.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks for that Dave it's the answer I'd expect from the expert in you on such things.
As I said I am asking for myself so that others out there have a definitive answer, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 7:09 pm

No worries Peter, that's why we are all here, to share our knowledge. V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!   V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

V&H Pipes Fitted...WOW!!
Page 1 of 1