Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new ride

Go down 
+10
katsd
rossmofo
TaurusTuga
ardie
stingray
yorky
Mr Intruder
simbo
OldManYam
alfie92
14 posters
AuthorMessage
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:58 pm

My new ride <a href=My new ride DSCN0135" />
My new ride,outside my mates getting ready for it's first welsh ride today.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Looking good Alfie .... hope you had a good run out in Wales   

My new ride 3005623951     Yam
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Yes sound thanks Yam typical weather though rain,good thing was it handled well and no shorts(electrical)after all we buy to ride regardless of weather (to a limit).Got to get them 600 miles for the first service.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Really nice bike Alfie I bet your well happy  My new ride 102087026  Wales?  Ponderosa cafe? Dibble are clamping down on reg's and zorsts in that area for a while so be careful.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Cheers Sim,thankfully I wont be modding too much this year,(up to now).Yes well pleased up to now but sticking to 3 to 4 thousand revs for the first 600 miles.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 am

Oh yes, now that I like the look of. lgd
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 am

I could help you put some miles on it Alfie... My new ride 3498837457
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

Very nice looking bike Alfie My new ride 102087026  & thanks Sim for the heads up re: Wales My new ride 3498837457
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 pm

really mean ride looks great let us know how she handles
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi Alfie
Really pretty and well done in all the way.
But only one seat or the rear is an option, since i see the rear foot pegs on?
The rear disk for me, is truly a must have and not those "not safe drum brakes My new ride 437349 "
Have plenty miles on it with always a big smile ever My new ride 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi Jose rear seat is standard in Britain as with ABS,however in America both are added extras and have to be paid for.Ardie up to now the bike is very nimble and certainly goes were you point it. The kerb weight is only 228kg with 14 ltrs fuel.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi Alfie once again.
Yours "HAVE THE LOOK" and all that a bike needs to simple "turn the heads around". My new ride 3498837457
Not too weight, good brakes, color, enough cc's for a big journey (ride position and pleasant handlebars) or simply in "urban mode"...
I like in all bikes the white color as the black (mate or gloss) and red ones.

And yours with the rear seat, the good job well done black mate with white color, the shock absorber in sight and not hided
...is outstanding!!!
The main exhaust seemed like a machine gun: ilis

My new ride Kawa6511

hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:47 pm

Cheers Jose I appreciate your remarks.
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:51 am

Looks great, loving the lack of chrome ...in the throws of decroming my tractor..
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:20 am

Nice looking bike Alfie 

lgd
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Smart looking bike Alfie, enjoy it, and hope the weather is good for you.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Nice bike mate, lookin goood My new ride 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:37 pm

My new ride <a href=My new ride DSCN0138" />
Fitted a National Cycle Street Shield to take the bearness of the front of the bike.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Nice screen Alfie, should give a nice bit of protection from the elements  My new ride 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Cheers Sim it is the one off the intruder,glad it came in handy.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:39 pm

My new ride <a href=My new ride DSCN0143" />
Better pic of the bike.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 1:03 am

The more I look at it, the more I like it.  Have to say, if I was after a new bike today, it'd be between this & the Indian Scout - but this is about half the price.  Clean, uncluttered lines - nice ride
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 10:08 am

Nice Alfie definitely a "modern" intruder, had the er6f same engine and a doddle to ride have fun
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 pm

screen looks like it was made for the bike fits the lines so well looks the better for it class
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Looks almost like it was for the bike from standard! Well done for recycling your old screen Alfie!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 pm

My new ride <a href=My new ride DSCN0154" />
Made some pannier stays to take my panniers ,and make the bike more versatile.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 pm

My new ride <a href=My new ride DSCN0155" />
Fitted a Tutoro Auto chain oiler today,easier than a scotoiler.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:08 pm

They work well on it, & that oiler looks neat
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:16 pm

They suit the bike Alfie, it certainly is a nice looking versatile bike, Nice tidy jobs too! how does it ride compared to the M800?.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 pm

To be honest Sim,in my opinion better, Pros: smoother engine,better brakes, very nimble, lighter, inline twin engine,ABS,Tacho fitted as standard.    Neg: chain drive,seat as hard as nails (needs upgrading)still looking for the extra gear even though it has six. Unable to give a two up comment as have not had a pillion yet.

The build quality seems good,have take exhaust header studs out an copper sealed them back in,also vaselined all the electrical connections.Fitted the Tutoro Auto chain oiler,and put a pair of bobbins on the rear frame,much easier to use with the paddock stand,do miss the bike lift under the bike though,as the exhaust cat and box are in the way.Had the 500 mile service last week £84 99 for an oil change.
Oil filter £10:00   Oil silkolene 10/40 £15:37  disposal £4:99  Labour £40:47
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Just read through my comments they may seem a little negative,but the bike handles well,and I am made up with it.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Sounds good Alfie, it's a lovely looking bike for sure! glad your enjoying it  My new ride 3498837457
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey Alfie,

Looks a nice enough bike to me My new ride 184121345  ...... but then again, I don't worry too much about the looks, as long as its a bike I can enjoy riding, then I'm happy ..... & there are not many bikes that I could not find some enjoyment from. Your Kwak cruiser is a modern interpretation of the cruiser theme, and as a practical road machine I think it has plenty to offer .... i.e. lots of fun at a modest operating budget.

My new ride 428386  To Sim's comment .... glad you are out enjoying it ... I'm very envious of your 'bike time' as I'm still stuck with a heavy workload, and my bikes have had to take a back seat for awhile, I'm still getting an odd chance to nip out on the bike - but nowhere near enough .... & absolutely no tinker time, but a back-log of jobs I'd like to do. 

You keep at it & enjoying it ..... Top man !
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Cheers for the comments very appreciated. Dave R  the Tuturo Auto is about the same price as Scotoiler but in fairness you do not have to break into vaccum or electrical fittings saving your warranty, they are a very good system.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Any updates/reviews Alfie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new ride   My new ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new ride
Page 1 of 1