Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What gear do you guys wear?

Go down 
+13
hawktheslayer
Ken1964
Lowey
peardrop3
Skidalot
Mr Intruder
katsd
ippikin
Bluesman
simbo
v-twin
bigmal
EazyDuz
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

What gear do you guys wear? Empty
PostSubject: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 9:37 pm

I currently wear a jacket from Australian Bikers Gear, jeans from the same place (kevlar), boots and gloves from Aldi.
The gloves and boots are on their last legs though, so was wondering what gear you guys wear which wouldnt look out of place on a cruiser.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Whatver you want is the only real answer to that! Some guys always want the best protection, armor plating etc. whereas I'm a cheapskate so just ride in ordinary jeans, trainer style biker boots, and a textile jacket with some armor. One day I'll get caught out!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Depends, I have got a leather jacket with armour in it that I wear. I normally wear leather trousers and separate knee armour, but I also have Kevlar jeans and a full set of textiles. I have summer gloves, fully armoured gloves and big thick gloves. I have 2 pairs of boots (Sidi Rain's and a pair of Prexport touring boots). I just realised, this biking malarkey gets expensive!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Hmmm, I mostly wear a leather jacket I've had for the past 20 years (JTS I think?), I've also got some leather pants that don't quite match the jacket that I've had for a similar amount of time, I've just bought a Frank Thomas 4 in 1 Textile waterproof jacket (2 years ago) for crappy weather and I'm hoping I get another 18 years from that coz it cost me £70!, I've also just purchased a pair of Textile pants for crappy weather for £35 but they make my bum slide about in the seat! so hopefully they'll be knackered in 10 years and I can make a better purchase, Gloves? Gardening ones seem pretty cool during summer, Boot's? I've just got a pair of Prexport sommatorothers for £70 and they seem pretty good so I wear them most of the time, If I had anything decent? my kids would borrow it and pinch it!
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Must confess I did not wear protective clothing often on the cruisers - ordinary denims, Docs and a thin leather jacket in summer. The sensible gear did not look right to me. On 'ordinary' bikes  at speed I wear the lot including chest armour and full sports leathers. Cruisers just meant cool gear to me - not sensible I know but just seemed right.
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Must admit I feel the same as John....... the full works just wouldn't feel right on a  cruiser. I wear normal jeans (bad I know), boots and either a leather jacket or a Weise textile; on longer trips I have a pair of kevlar jeans.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 12:39 am

Kevlar combats, either a leather Belstaff style jacket, an old Wolf plain black leather or a Black barbour with a kevlar hoodie underneath.  Footwear - steelies or a pair of these Revit Bleekers

What gear do you guys wear? <a href=What gear do you guys wear? REVIT-Bleeker-Boots-1600x812_zpsrzg3rq6v" />

Glove - these which I stained myself - cost about £15 

What gear do you guys wear? <a href=What gear do you guys wear? DSC08685_zpsuhrbkfoi" />

Helmet - either a Shark Raw in matt black, a Bell 500 in matt black or a matt orange Momo open face.  And a pair of shades.

The thing I love about crusiers & in particular, bobbers, is that most anything - apart from racing leathers, work well.  I've even been out in an old Navy pea-coat with a hoodie underneath
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:15 am

I like those boots Katsd.
With regards to not wearing protective gear. I always want to just wear shorts and a t shirt when riding to the gym (only 2 miles away but mostly 60mph roads), but i bottle it because even a fairly low speed off could break bones, give road rash or severe burns from the pipes.
My main complaint with full gear is heat in the summer. I heard of a guy who bought some kind of vest which you put in the freezer overnight and keeps you cool for hours at a time. Might have to look into it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 am

I wear jeans and Jean jackets,
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 pm

The heat in summer is the main reason I ditched wearing leather jeans.  I have a Fieldsher mesh armour jacket which I bought years ago - basically a mesh jacket with armour fitted - great when it;s really hot, feels like you're wearing a t-shirt.

I only ever used to wear jeans till a mate offed his Jota about thirty years ago - spent fours hours down the local A & E watching the meds tweezer denim fibres from his knees & arse & scrub gravel from the palms off his hands as he hadn't been wearing gloves.
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Leather jacket with protectors, kevlar jeans the same and Spada 'chopper' type boots most of the time. Unless its sunny cooking off course then its either a kevlar hoodie or a leather waist coat and Cat boots instead, only the kevlar jeans are consistent.

What gear do you guys wear? 102087026 those Revit Bleekers too! They only seem to be available in black from the USA though?  Suspect
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Altberg boots that I've had for too many years but still aren't worn even halfway & I can wear them all day(& have) if needed. Akito adventure jacket which I'm wearing on the DR400 now as I have a new Weisse textile jacket, Hulvarson gloves or Aldi ones on the DR400 & a choice of helmets from a Caberg flip front, HJC flip front & a Stealth dual sport helmet on the DR400. Also have several leather trousers/jeans to choose from or Bikers Gearbox textile trousers.
Don't go out without proper gear on even in the summer as I've seen too many folk skinned, literally, after coming off!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 5:15 pm

katsd wrote:

Helmet - either a Shark Raw in matt black,

How do you find the Shark Raw Dave? I've fancied one for a while but can't quite pull the trigger at around £200  affraid What gear do you guys wear? 3724349360
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:55 pm

The Raw is good, but to be honest it's not £200 good ( I paid less than that at a show).  It's very comfortable & gives good visibility through the visor, which doesn't mist at all.  

On the downside, it's a tinted visor, so if you're going to be out after dark, you're knackered.  You can't raise the visor/mouth cover & ride cos above 40 mph, it'll try to rip off the top of the lid.  So all you can do is remove it completely & wear a pair of clear glasses.  Which is a pain in arse to do as it's fiddly - consequently, if I know I'm going to be out after dark, I wear a different lid.

Despite what they tell you, it's almost impossible to lift the visor one-handed, so you always leave it down - which is no bad thing, as the helmet looks pants with the front piece up.  The other problem I had is that after very little usage, the elastic on the visor straps had stretched to such an extent that if I did a life-saver shoulder check, I'd have to re-position the visor on my eyes.  I spoke to Shark at last years show & they admitted there was design fault & supplied me with a new pair of re-designed straps.

It looks the dogz & scares the crap out of small children & Post Office counter staff of a nervous disposition.  I don't regret buying it as I still wear it - but to be honest, nine times out of ten I'll pick up the Bell 500 Custom - it's much more comfortable - & paired with a pair of simple, black framed shades, looks fantastic.

What gear do you guys wear? <a href=What gear do you guys wear? Bell%20500_zpsn3lvkong" />
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Cheers Dave  What gear do you guys wear? 3498837457 they do look the dogs  dogsb but at around £200 I was expecting a better review, I'll have a look at the Bell 500 instead  What gear do you guys wear? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:25 pm

It's definitely a case of "style over function" - I'm well impressed with the Bell - the range of colours is great & you get a really good helmet bag that resembles a bowling bag.  Mines going on ebay as it's too good to use !!
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 8:30 am

The more  protection you wear the less skin you lose, should the worse happen.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 am

I agree - however - there is always the theory of Risk Compensation Factor, which is that the safer you feel, the more risks you sub-consciously take.  Ergo - I am wearing a full set of racing leathers, I am highly protected, so I can take more risks as the danger to myself is less than if I was just wearing my shorts & t-shirt.  I am aware now that was my mind-set when I used to ride the Katana.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:15 am

Why take risks????
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:32 am

Youth & stupity !!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

Lowey wrote:
Why take risks????
Riding a motorcycle is taking a risk, walking down the street is taking a risk, driving a car is taking a risk, life's all about taking risk, it's how you manage those risks that keeps you safe.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 am

simbo wrote:
Lowey wrote:
Why take risks????
Riding a motorcycle is taking a risk, walking down the street is taking a risk, driving a car is taking a risk, life's all about taking risk, it's how you manage those risks that keeps you safe.

You are quite right in saying this Sim, it is unnecessary risks I refer to, I have taken many risks in life some have turned out in a positive way others not. Why take an unnecessary risk with something you cannot replace your life?
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Exactly !!!  At the age of 21, your perception of risk is completely different to that at the age of 51.  Not only your perception of risk, but also the consequences of your actions on others.  At the age of 21, I had no dependants, & my loss, whilst it would have (possibly) upset others, would not have been a great loss.  Now however, I have a wife, four children - one of whom is severely Autistic - two grandkids & a business.  Nowadays, I take no unnecessary risks, as I know that should something happen to me, the impact on a lot of other people who I care about, would be enormous.  

That is one of the reasons I moved from a sports bike to a cruiser - the nature of the machine compels you to slow down & does not lead itself to risk taking.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Nicely put, stay safe.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 3:48 pm

And to you too !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 pm

I like to wear my cotton long johns under my leathers or textiles even when it's hot, it stops the nylon linings sticking to my legs whilst riding.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Now there's a picture I can't get rid of !!!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Just bought some new jeans, Bull-it Covec, Sportsbikeshop £89.99, blurb from the website:

Covec Laser4 is a liner inside Bull-it jeans, Laser4 is also the name of the range. The Laser4 is a laminated unique construction offering superior strength to similar weight aramids. Covec material has zero moisture retention and does not absorb moisture, as such does not degrade like high performance Aramids of a similar construction and weight. The Laser4 is tested 2 to 3 times greater for abrasion resistance using EN 13595-1 than other Aramids of a similar weight and construction. The Covec Laser4 jeans have a low thermal conductivity which prevents heat transfer, yarns such as Dyneema have high strength but the high thermal conductivity is likely to encourage skin burns from road friction, as is the case with Polyester and Nylon based materials. In comparison to many materials used in motorcycle jeans, Covec Laser4 has all the attributes required including high cut strength exceeding EN 13595 testing during development. Other materials that class themselves as high-abrasion resistant have limited other qualities and would by comparison have considerably lower cut resistance.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/204453
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Always protective boot's and mostly kevlar apparel, all year around.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 pm

I don't really do protection, I only do what the law says I have to.
I would happily ride in flip-flops & shorts if I could. Mind you I suppose it was very lucky that I had to wear a helmet when I had my RTA, otherwise I wouldn't of been wearing that either. affraid
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I don't really do protection,

So that's why you have 8 kids!  hyst
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:31 pm

Hmm never thought of it that way, maybe the law on bikers wearing protection should be harsher.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:29 am

Is that why it's called "helmet" protection then ???
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Open faced matt like the bell with davida goggles unless I am doing distance speed riding in which case my trusty shark s800 black night!, any jeans but I have bought a pair of kevlars for the france trip and my waxed barbour, I still have my arlen textile which I might wear to france but its not really "cruiser".
Safety is objective, I know you have to factor in the other idiots on the road but if you are hyper aware like most of us who ride and drive and even cycle! you should know what to be looking for, no amount of ppe is going to help if your hit by a truck or a drunk driver. When they introduced the helmet law and even the seat belt laws its true the amount of ACTUAL fatalities dropped BUT the number of accidents increased, I think I am bullet proof there for I cannot die...............
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:26 pm

hawktheslayer wrote:
Open faced matt like the bell with davida goggles unless I am doing distance speed riding in which case my trusty shark s800 black night!, any jeans but I have bought a pair of kevlars for the france trip and my waxed barbour, I still have my arlen textile which I might wear to france but its not really "cruiser".

I'm shocked! I was expecting your attire to resemble this.
What gear do you guys wear? VillagePeopleBiker
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:31 pm

CLOSE!! just working on that awesome tash What gear do you guys wear? 2343124779
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:45 pm

I should of wore one of these for protection. What gear do you guys wear? 852880 

What gear do you guys wear? 2Q==
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 8:48 pm

That's a nice 'Waterproof' under suit Dave, does it come with 'Armour' for bedroom activity's?  What gear do you guys wear? 3498837457  What gear do you guys wear? 852880 link?
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:06 am

Last Season Due to funding.
HJC Convertible Helmet. Open faced unless It was pissing down.
Jeans
My Dads 15 year old Leather Gloves
Any HiTops I had
And the coolest Jacket I have ever bought. Also the reason I had no money lol. 

http://www.fc-moto.de/Ed-Hardy-Born-Leather-Jacket

This Season +
New Kevlar Jeans
New Weise Cowboy Boots
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:16 pm

have worn a belstaff for 30 years on  and off textile armor  jacket for summer g mac flip helmet textile trousers or jeans shott leather pilots jacket which I found covered in muck but the label caught my eye so went back to ditch and carried it home it stunk. but its like new when I cleaned it up fits great.a few leather jackets still with me as cant bear to chuck note to shadycowboy you for the nw200 maybe we could meet up
Back to top Go down
oldtom
oldtom

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Whatever I wear has to offer protection. Having been knocked off at 60 mph, suffering concussion and a ripped right index finger tendon, and then while out of it for three hours waking up in hospital in my pants and realising that the medical folk cut off all of my clothes to ensure I had no hidden injuries. So I always go out with clean pants affraid .  Knee elbow, hips  and shoulder areas of my gear was in shreds and the protection pads were seriously gouged but I was ok other than my hand. I was wearing good thick leather gloves but they were not armoured and were no help when the bike landed on my arm and hand.  What I wear now: leather or textile Jacket and trousers with appropriate armour. Full face flip up helmet. Leather gloves with knuckle and finger armour. I also wear a Knox back and chest protector. SIDI boots.
However expensive the best protective motorcycle gear is, it'll still be cheaper and less painful than a skin graft.
I've seen how ineffective Kevlar jeans can be although on the other hand nothing will provide total protection against all risks.
I have loved and ridden motorcycles for over fifty years and I always will as long as I can. But things happen, suddenly, out of the blue and I want to be as prepared as I can be.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:29 pm

Do any of you guys wear a balaclava under your lids during winter or colder days? I find them very good for keeping warm.
What gear do you guys wear? 5003-Black-Windproof-Motorcycle-Balaclava-1
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Lot of sense there Tom  and Sim.... are you wearing a Burka now ?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

yorky wrote:
Lot of sense there Tom  and Sim.... are you wearing a Burka now ?

I find it keeps my hair neat and tidy too  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:16 pm

I'll wear a "Buff" over my mouth & nose - ain't got no hair to keep tidy anyway !!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Ditto (but I have got hair Wink. )
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Shave it off & grow a beard - it's liberating  !!!
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 12:13 am

Balaclava for me. But it does cause steaming up unless you have Pinlock and then it's ok.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 am

oldtom wrote:
Whatever I wear has to offer protection. Having been knocked off at 60 mph, suffering concussion and a ripped right index finger tendon, and then while out of it for three hours waking up in hospital in my pants and realising that the medical folk cut off all of my clothes to ensure I had no hidden injuries. So I always go out with clean pants affraid .  Knee elbow, hips  and shoulder areas of my gear was in shreds and the protection pads were seriously gouged but I was ok other than my hand. I was wearing good thick leather gloves but they were not armoured and were no help when the bike landed on my arm and hand.  What I wear now: leather or textile Jacket and trousers with appropriate armour. Full face flip up helmet. Leather gloves with knuckle and finger armour. I also wear a Knox back and chest protector. SIDI boots.
However expensive the best protective motorcycle gear is, it'll still be cheaper and less painful than a skin graft.
I've seen how ineffective Kevlar jeans can be although on the other hand nothing will provide total protection against all risks.
I have loved and ridden motorcycles for over fifty years and I always will as long as I can. But things happen, suddenly, out of the blue and I want to be as prepared as I can be.

A very sensible approach oldtom, things happen in a spilt second and mostly with no time to react.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:17 am

Another point - make sure you're always wearing your kecks - mightily embarrassing having your leathers cut off in full view of everyone revealing you go "commando" !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What gear do you guys wear?   What gear do you guys wear? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What gear do you guys wear?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next