Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker

Go down 
+4
johnboss
simbo
Lowey
EazyDuz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Empty
PostSubject: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:15 pm

There are many ways you can do this, i ended up trying two methods.
I thought the Suzuki sticker on the rear fender looked a bit tacky, and the tyre info sticker was a straight up eye sore:
How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker MCBuUYx
How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker KSj0MWK
I hear from the factory there is a sticker on the tank also, but the PO must have taken it off so i didnt have to
I first boiled some water and soaked 2 rags in it, i then placed the rags over the stickers to be removed and left for a couple minutes.
I then got a credit card to pick up a corner, which allowed me to peel off the Suzuki sticker very easily.
The other one though wasn't having any of it. So i abandoned the water idea and got a hair dryer. I warmed the entire sticker and got a corner up with the credit card.

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker JIjkNGc

I used a gentle sawing motion with the card to lift the sticker off, applying heat as i went along.
Once its off it will probably look like this:

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker R72Strh

So i used Goo Gone, which removes glue residue. You can also use WD and a rag.
How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker 5qjW9Jm

After wiping the majority off, i got some very hot water and washing up liquid to clean the area.

I noticed a few surface scratches so i used some Scratch X to remove those, followed by some wax polish, and done.

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker AxbLFyj

Hope this helps anyone thinking of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Could you tell me where you got the rear fender tip from, it finishes the fender nicely.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Came with the bike
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Ok thanks
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Nice job Eazy, It looks much better  How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker 3498837457
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 9:57 pm

simbo wrote:
Nice job Eazy, It looks much better  How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker 3498837457
Yea it does, much cleaner looking. They use some serious glue on those info stickers though lol
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 pm

I tried the hair dryer on one of the 2 tank stickers on my Intruder - Managed to get a corner up and the rest came of in 1mm sq pieces. Took hours even with constant warmer with the dryer, but the glue residue came of easy enough with 'Sticky Stuff' remover.  I'll try the hot towel method on the next sticker.  Anyone now what glue they use on these things - got some Ikea flat pack that needs building!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:31 pm

johnboss wrote:
Anyone now what glue they use on these things - got some Ikea flat pack that needs building!

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker 2645662097
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Great end result Mr Duz ...... well worth the effort How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker 184121345 lgd
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 12:32 am

Plucked up the courage (and found some spare time) to attempt to remove the second sticker of my tank.  Armed with hair dryer, wife's credit card and 'sticky stuff remover', set to work and in an instance it was gone (40 minutes actually).  Quick wash down with soapy water and  polished up with Auto Glyms special 'dark colour' formula polish and it looks great.  Added bonus - wife's credit card melted and can now save some money!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm sure it looks a damn sight better without that ugly sticker John  How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Certainly does - and it really beggars the question as to why manufacturers insist on sticking them on such prominent places.  Can't see Rolls Royce slapping one on the drivers door of there latest model!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 am

Yeah, the tyre info sticker looks a mess but isn't it strange how subjective these sticker things are ?

I put a Suzuki sticker back on the bottom of my rear mudguard coz the previous owner had removed it and I liked the look on other bikes I'd seen. 

Each to their own eh ?
Back to top Go down
churchy
churchy

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 pm

This has worked for me on numerous bikes over the years.
1: heat and peel with hair dryer carefully (can be a ball ache sometimes )
2: the shitty glue bit is simple, small amount of wd40 on a clean rag and rub.
Hope this helps some of you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker   How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To: Remove tyre info sticker and Suzuki sticker
Page 1 of 1