Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MajorWolf

PostSubject: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi guys, sh'mae!   greetings from the West Coast of the Wales

Picked up my '89 VS750 bobber last night.
Bloody love it already!
Very enjoyable ride home, but she pops like a mother and dont like corners!! esp right handers.. recon the headstock/wheel bearings are shot..
Anyways im gonna bring er back to health and glory!! (And get those mixture plugs drilled out asap, now its actually stopped raining for a minute)
Anyone know the Timkin bearing codes for headstock/wheel bearings?! :)
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:57 pm

wwweee to the forum MajorWolf
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Major Wolf, &   

Sounds like you are enjoying your 'VS - Bobber' .... & its an earlier 750 type 

Hope you find the forum helpful/entertaining !

Cheers                           Yam
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:00 pm

WELM
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:14 pm

welcm MajorWolf to the 'Madhouse' 
Back to top Go down
simbo
.. Mechanical Tart .. .. Site Moderator ..

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Hiya pal  WELM
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:30 pm

hello and welcm
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:05 am

wwweee
I am sure skidalot can help! hes from the same backward part of the country as you
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:14 am

Yep, to the madhouse :)
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am

Welcome on board Major - looking forward to seeing some photos of your bobber
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Welcome aboard the site, good to have you.
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Croeso i'r Suzuki 800 MajorWolf!   shake h  
Back to top Go down
MajorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Diolch!
Thanks guys, if its a madhouse, sounds like im in the right place Very Happy
Well i took the tank off yesterday afternoon (when it finally stopped raining) and then spent several hours completely cleaning all the crud out of it, unreal. There was soo much crud in the tank, that reserve only actually ran for about 200ml, shocking!!
Anyways its nice and clean now.
Drilled the mixture caps and started tuning, but it got too late to finish the 2000rpm vacuum sync, tickover was loud enough!!
Managed to dial out the popping, but seems quite a lot of turns , probably at least 4. So im thinking maybe there's some crud settled in the carbs too (inline filter looks pretty clean tho)
Raining all day today, so hopefully get the carbs out and apart tomorrow:)
Then when its back together i'll post a pic!!
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Wow, you know your way round a set of spanners! And welcome to the friendliest forum you'll ever find
Back to top Go down
MajorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:09 am

Great, thank you :) good to be here!
Now, hopefully someone will have posted the bearing codes (koyo, timken) for the headstock somewhere! Very Happy
Lookin forward to getting this ride sorted!

Peace
MajorWolf
Back to top Go down
Valerie E
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 am

Hello, Good Morning and indeed welcome to the best forum for help and advice and friendly banter.

Hope you enjoy the guys (and gals) here.
Back to top Go down
MajorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 pm

to the forum Major
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 am

Welcome to the forum - sounds like you've a job on with you're new purchase - Be nice to see some progress pics.
Back to top Go down
MajorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi and thanks :)

Yep its been a mission and im still on it!

Just drilling the disk at the moment and awaiting a 6303 rear wheel bearing (i thought they were both 6302's and i like to use KOYO rather than run of the mill aftermarkets, so that means trying to find the codes) The front wheel bearings were very sloppy and the bearing on the speedo side was spinning in its seat and had pushed the bearing out to the edge so much so, that the speedo drive gear was not even engaging properly. Instead of sorting it, the PO's fix was to tighten a big jubilee clamp around the drive gear and the fork leg!!
Sorted the front bearing seat with Retainer Lock and cleaned out and regreased the speedo drive gear which was seriously grimy.

Stripped and cleaned out both carbs and reset the floats (rear float needed replacing as it had been pushed in on both sides (i did de-solder the brass float and reshape the bowls but didn't realise the inner part of the float should also be convex, until the new one arrived.
so that was another carb removal and strip down and refit!)

Got the engine running sweet as now and no popping or banging whatsoever.

Had to strip and re run the clutch line, as it had been bodged in and bent around the outside of the frame!
Good job i did as the fluid was nasty.

New fuel lines, clips and filter.

Loom is now totally sorted and everything works. Why someone thought it was a good idea to take feeds across the loom to get things working (ie: joining one part of the loom to another)(with 'super glue' instead of a soldered joint) still spins me out.
Various switches needed stripping and cleaning and resoldering (not to mention cutting all the joins where the loom had been joined in two places (one with spade connectors and one with twists and super glue) and resoldering the lot.

Got new tyres fitted yesterday (Michelin Commanders)

Just about to remove the forks and strip down the headstock and put new bearings in there now.
Then HOPEFULLY i can get her back in one piece and i can take the wee beastie out at last!! (And feel ALOT safer Wink
(still need to modify the side panels though as they have been bodged too, which all takes time)

There are some pics here http://www.suzuki800.com/t5310-my-new-project-89-vs-750

And when ive got her back together i'll post some more.

Peace
MajorWolf
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 pm

I admire your perseverance - think I'd have had it back on ebay by now.  Hats off to you sir !!!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
.. Mechanical Tart .. .. Site Moderator ..

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Sounds like you'll be reaping the benefits of your hard work soon Klaran 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/    

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the West Coast of the Wales o/
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1