Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tow Bar and Trailer.

Go down 
+15
rossmofo
Doc Cox
Twojobmick
v-twin
captain crash
alfie92
Mr Intruder
katsd
Old Luner
peardrop3
Ken1964
yorky
johnboss
simbo
hawktheslayer
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Tow Bar and Trailer. Empty
PostSubject: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Some of you might find this interesting, some of you will find it sacrilege, and some if you will think I'm crazy! Here goes...

Well it all started with bloody Jamie Oliver. He's organised a music and foodie festival in a couple of weeks, so me and Mrs bigmal are going. Ali is dead set on us taking the bike - good for her. But she's also hell bent on taking a dome tent, sleeping bag, festival cooker, folding chair, etc etc. 

with my size 12 feet, even a few pairs of socks fill one pannier Wink. So I decided I needed one of these....

Tow Bar and Trailer. FD91772B-5B01-4384-B6B0-422DC402F39B.png

Scored the one here for £399, and even if I change my mind, I'm sure I could get that back if I sold it. It's made by Watsonian Squire, of sidecar fame. 

My main challenge was finding a towbar.... First I tried bending some steel conduit and making my own.... Epic fail. If anyone wants an art installation for their garden, let me know.... The tangled mess on my drive is going spare.

Then a mate volunteered that his bro runs a little metal fabrication shop - result!
So, took the bike over to his shop a couple of days ago to figure  out a design.  Originally I had thought to bolt it into the passenger foot peg mount, but the right hand side would have needed to sweep out by 50mm to  clear the swingarm. 

So instead, we went for the option of mounting to the good old fender bolts, and after a few hours, he had made this.

Tow Bar and Trailer. 791FBE56-593B-4A42-AB78-0B2F01600B09

Little bit industrial looking.... I would have preferred tube, but he said this would be stronger. All he wanted  for his time and materials was £45... What a bargain. My main contribution to the design was suggesting the horizontal plate be set back and rounded to a D, as you see in the pic, rather than being left square and flush with the towbar side arms. I'll be very glad of that first time I crack my shin on it!

So today I had a trial fit... Had to bend the arms in a little, but all was well. 

I then rather nervously hooked up the trailer (sorry officer, I haven't connected the electrics yet) and hesitantly went down to the next village and back...l

Well the fact I'm sat on my sofa posting this, rather than lying in A&E says it all.  Amazing! The bike felt absolutely normal. I couldn't  feel the weight of the trailer. Cornering was smooth. The secret is that the trailer 'drawbar' can swivel through 360* so as the bike leans into a corner, the trailer stays firmly planted on two wheels.

Once it's painted, powder coated or whatever, I'll post some pics and a vid. But so far so good Tow Bar and Trailer. 184121345
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Your a brave man in every sense of the word!!! cant wait to see finished product, get the misses to film you riding it so we can all laugh admire how well it works Tow Bar and Trailer. 2645662097
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Cool! that should work a treat  Tow Bar and Trailer. 2170595768 when you retire you'll be able to get a little grill in there and go round like a mobile butty bike selling Cumberland sausage butties  munch

ps. I'd have it sprayed Blue to match the bike  glasses
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Mmmmh!  Suspect  I seem to recall a 'piss take' on a thread on here a few months back with regards to me getting one of these trailers to haul pigs around the place, yourself and Tow Bar and Trailer. 1822899887 Simbo being the main instigators if I remember rightly?   Tow Bar and Trailer. 852880 
My! My! Doesn't time change things eh?  Tow Bar and Trailer. 215375 

Seriously though, your mate wants to start thinking about patenting the towbar design and punting them off on Tow Bar and Trailer. 869291037 before someone else beats him to it.
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Nice on Mal - Look forward to seeing this in action.  Just a thought though - I know new car drivers need to take a test before they can tow.  What's the rules with Bikers?
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Hmmmmm.... Don't know..... I've towed various trailers behind a car, and borrowed my folks caravan in the past. But a test? I hope not.... I think I'll quietly ignore that one.

Hey Justin... No bravery involved.... You really couldn't feel the trailer there, even in corners. I guess the main issue is to allow even more braking distance, what with our intruder brakes being so brilliant!

I kid you not, the bloke I bought it off had a goldwing, but said his daughter had towed it all the way to Spain behind a lambretta. Mention it to Chrissie... It might appeal Wink
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Mal strikes again....its a cracker ilis
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:30 pm

How exciting, I would be so happy to have a similar setup. Very well done Sir, would love to see a video as well.
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Chrissy says F*CK OFF!! that's why my husband has panniers!!!! not sure what she means but she loves the fact you guys think of her!
Glad it works mal REALLY interesting idea, again PLEASE put vid up when you have it up and running I am dying to see how it goes, or bring it next month! Jo says we are of to France again Tow Bar and Trailer. 1218875559
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Good idea - I've seen a few around.  I'd never be in the situation to need one, but I wouldn't be adverse to using one.

Re licence

"

Licences held before 1 January 1997

If you passed your car test before 1 January 1997 you are generally entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes MAM.
This is the weight of a vehicle or trailer including the maximum load that can be carried safely when it’s being used on the road.
You also have entitlement to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kg MAM.

Licences held from 1 January 1997

If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997 and have an ordinary category B (car) licence, you can:

• drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes or 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to750kg MAM
  • tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kgLicences issued from 19 January 2013

From 19 January 2013, drivers passing a category B (car and small vehicle) test can tow:

• small trailers weighing no more than 750kg
  • a trailer over 750kg as long as the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM)"

I know this has caught a few drivers out.  Here's something else you may want to be aware of

"

Towing with a motorbike

You can use motorbikes with an engine size of 125cc or more to tow small trailers.
Your motorbike has to be clearly and permanently marked with its ‘kerbside weight’.
Kerbside weight is the weight of the vehicle without passengers or any load but with a full tank of fuel and filled up with the necessary oils, water and fluids.
The trailer must be no more than 1 metre wide and must be clearly and permanently marked with its unladen weight.
When the trailer is loaded it must weigh no more than 150 kilograms or 2/3 of the kerbside weight of the motorbike - whichever is lighter.
When hitched, the distance between the end of the trailer and the rear axle of the motorbike must be no more than 2.5 metres."

But I'm guessing if it's made by Watsonian, then they'll have designed it to comply.

Looking forward to seeing the results 
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Skids in the garage knocking some bits of twig together with elastic & rope as we speak! He'll be breaking pallets up in the morning and measuring up for a sheep carrier without doubt, watch your grand children's prams folks, He'll be on the prowl for a sub frame & wheels! Laughing
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 pm

We have some Black sheep going for a BAAAAAArgain locally! stop dribbling skid Tow Bar and Trailer. 3213823784
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks for the gen on the licence a Dave r. I'm almost embarrassed to say I passed both my car and bike tests exactly 40 years ago affraid so easily fit into the first category!

The trailer is only 800mm wide which is exactly the same as my panniers.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:16 pm

hawktheslayer wrote:
..... bring it next month! Jo says we are of to France again Tow Bar and Trailer. 1218875559
What! France? Next month? Ooh la la!  First I've heard of it.... But who knows...
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I doubt there's many forum members who fit in the last category !!!  Really interesting project Mal - all the best with it
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 pm

katsd wrote:
I doubt there's many forum members who fit in the last category !!!  Really interesting project Mal - all the best with it

I'm obviously too young to fit into that category  Very Happy  I was a slow starter with the car  Tow Bar and Trailer. 1746793871 That was 32 years ago  Tow Bar and Trailer. 855947 Bike test? there's a bike test? I thought we could just ride!  Wink
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:28 pm

DONT laugh, HE really is NOT joking Tow Bar and Trailer. 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:37 pm

simbo wrote:
Skids in the garage knocking some bits of twig together with elastic & rope as we speak!
Elastic & rope pffft!  Rolling Eyes  Not much of a D.I.Y.er are you?   Tow Bar and Trailer. 394313   Its duct tape and baling cord you need, you can build yourself a rocket to the moon with that stuff! Tow Bar and Trailer. 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Skidalot wrote:
simbo wrote:
Skids in the garage knocking some bits of twig together with elastic & rope as we speak!
Elastic & rope pffft!  Rolling Eyes  Not much of a D.I.Y.er are you?   Tow Bar and Trailer. 394313   Its duct tape and baling cord you need, you can build yourself a rocket to the moon with that stuff! Tow Bar and Trailer. 852880

I like it! Tow Bar and Trailer. 3498837457  It's funny how all the best idea's come out late at night? Tow Bar and Trailer. 3993731222   Tow Bar and Trailer. 230572241
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Skidalot wrote:
simbo wrote:
My old man was a great DIY.er and always swore by Duct tape and WD40. If it moves and shouldn't - duct tape.  If it doesn't move and should - WD40
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 12:08 am

My best friend from school used to call his dad "sellotape man".... Just like your dad but didn't like spending as much!!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

I've often seen them on the US facebook sites but never one here-----YET! We'll be watching Mal for reports on what it handles like loaded etc & also fuel returns with & without the trailer.
I don't know if it works for bikes but on cars & vans if you have a towbar & electrics fitted then the electrics must work when the MoT is done & I believe that a trailer MUST have a rear fog light fitted that works & has the relevant switch so it can be switched on in adverse conditions. I advise you to check with your local MoT man Mal ok?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 pm

You'll be the envy of us all on the next camping trip Mal  Tow Bar and Trailer. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:22 pm

Pssst Sim, guess whos carrying all our luggage Tow Bar and Trailer. 586905
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 pm

No room for luggage mate.... I'll be bringing a gas fired barbecue based on how long it took you to light your briquettes hysthysthyst

Ps.... Fuel consumption? Don't care. It's like messing around working out how towing a caravan affects your cars mpg.... If you need to use the caravan, it's kinda irrelevant. 

Thanks for the fog light info Peter. Could be a right pita given that the bike doesn't have one, so no ready made switchgear and wire to tap into. :(

I wonder if I could hide the socket somewhere.... The towbar is only a 10 minute job to take off completely. That way, the mot man wouldn't even know about it.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 pm

"Trailer Lighting Requirements
Trailers must have on the back two red sidelights, two red stop lamps, an illuminated number plate and two triangular red reflectors plus amber indicators designed to flash between 60 and 120 times per minute. If they are more than 1.3m wide, they must also have at least one red fog lamp. All trailers built after Sept 30th 1990 require front reflectors. They must have front reflectors and, if they are more than 1.6 metres wide, front position lights."

Hope this helps 
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks Dave.... I'm feeling very lazy now.... That's two bits of research you've done in the last few days re this project which I probably should have done myself! Tow Bar and Trailer. 3005623951 Tow Bar and Trailer. 3005623951 Good news re the fog lamp... One less thing to worry about Wink
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:26 am

You're welcome - just want to see a finished photo !!!!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Good job there Dave as I knew it was on the MoT list somewhere just not sure where or for what obviously!
I'm sure you won't need to hide the wiring much Mal as if you have bags on it can be hidden in one of them I'm sure?
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Watching this with interest...

Just wondering how it will behave if you have to hammer the anchors on, having been overtaken by a cattle trailer I was towing with a Landy in the past I remember it as being a less than pleasant experience and I can't imagine it being any nicer on a bike.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Like any riding / driving - you adjust your riding according to the conditions / what you're carrying.  I'm assuming that when Mal's using the trailer, he'll be two-up, possibly with luggage as well so would be taking the extra weight / stopping distances into account & his riding would be different than when he's by himself.
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 6:26 pm

katsd wrote:
Like any riding / driving - you adjust your riding according to the conditions / what you're carrying.  I'm assuming that when Mal's using the trailer, he'll be two-up, possibly with luggage as well so would be taking the extra weight / stopping distances into account & his riding would be different than when he's by himself.

Which is all well and good and I'd expect no less from any experienced rider or driver and I agree with you 100%

But there are times when some doyle on the road will do something that means your brakes and your ticker get a proper workout, we can take all the precautions in the world but that doent make us infallible.

Tbh I hope it behaves well because its a neat looking thing, plus it could be left locked up at a campsite/hotel while you go touring the area on the bike without being laden down with all your gear.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 6:30 pm

True - too true !!   I've experienced that sphincter tightening moment more than a few times due to no fault of my own.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:14 pm

OMG what a great trailer that is and an excellent fabrication of the tow bar. ilis
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 7:52 pm

So today I decided to do a few jobs to get the bike and trailer ready...

Here's a pic of the towbar powder coated, and with chrome towball added. I also fitted the socket for the trailer electrics onto the number plate bracket.

Tow Bar and Trailer. 5CC0D686-E069-431A-A680-3AB768E3AB69

I used a couple of cable ties to clip the wire to the towbar frame, and then brought it up under the seat, and cut it to length, ready to tap into the wiring loom there.

The bit I was very wary of was hacking into my bikes electrics to wire in the socket for the trailer lights... So rather than using scotch locks, I got one of these automatic wire strippers from screwfix, which as well as being excellent as a wire stripper generally, can also strip insulation off the middle of a wire... It makes a very clean cut, but doesn't damage any of the wire core.

Tow Bar and Trailer. 8DCC0E73-1285-401F-8449-5478DD94CF90

I used this to prep the wires then solder a joint. Apparently a really good way is to wrap the wire you are adding round the supply wire several times, then solder. But space was tight in the little loom, so I just settled for a butt joint., like this.

Tow Bar and Trailer. E910C8FD-9576-4DC5-B67A-EA8CB2B655E1

Here's the finished wiring... (By the way, the tapes just for insulation... The strength is in the soldered joint itself). The blue trailer wire is spare (reversing/fog light?).

Tow Bar and Trailer. DE6F89D7-7B9C-44D3-9896-A97E8D72F9A4

Thanks to the wiring diagram on this brilliant forum, I was really pleased to find that I had picked up all the correct coloured wires and all stop/tail/indicator functions worked as planned on the trailer! Phew!

I know virtually nothing about the "theory" behind wiring, resistance, etc. but I just figured it would be less of a strain on the Suzuki loom to have the trailer run on LED lights. So I've got a pair of modern LED units, for £15.

I removed the old lights, and was baffled to find a big of a mess in the trailer wiring dept. 7 core trailer wiring uses standard colours, eg red for brakes, yellow for left indicator. Here's a pic of the connections...

Tow Bar and Trailer. 950CDD63-92E4-471E-8E9E-CCD8ACA2B12A

Bottom left is the feed from the bike.... red has been cut... That should be brakes... But the brakes were working! So I suspect some diy Johnny has re-wired both lights and trailer plug with his own unique colour code. I've got a new cable and plug, and will hopefully re-wire it properly tomorrow.

Meanwhile i did a bit of tidying up on the trailer itself (the eBay seller had been very selective with his photos. Close up, there are lots of chips which I'll touch up another time). But for today I refurbished the hitch (which was tatty mainly due to a heavy bike lock having been left on it which has scuffed off the paint and caused it to rust). 

Before and after pics.
Tow Bar and Trailer. 68A45252-70CA-4DCC-A6B3-4143D8309B44

Tow Bar and Trailer. 34F66891-EEA5-492E-AFC2-85DC608D8778

Eventually I'd like to take the body off completely and spray the chassis, but that will do for now!

There's also a little locking flap which hides the trailer  lid release....that was hanging off, and it's hinge was rusty... Before and after:

Tow Bar and Trailer. 134A1720-4E14-463C-8146-F495AADB9363

Tow Bar and Trailer. 726D8194-D78A-48F6-9AC6-DE3499507ABC

Well avid readers...l you'll have to wait a while for action pics of me towing, as I still need to sort the  lights and fit an undersized number plate to the gap between the lights. So that's all for now...
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Well done Mal with making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!
Glad it all has gone well for you as I know you were a bit worried about it working ok. Plod on & you'll make a cracking job of it I'm sure!
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Damn Mal that's REALLY impressive and seriously out of the norm for bike mods ilis msrke Tow Bar and Trailer. 65147
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Great job Mal Tow Bar and Trailer. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:13 am

Well done Mal, when you get this up and running you'll be an Articulated Cruiser Tow Bar and Trailer. 1237024881
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Goodness me what an excellent thread and write up. Looking forward to the video, with the greatest of interest now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Excellent write up Mal, Good job done mate. I am well impressed with this, really opens up the possible uses of the bike & pulling a trailer just means a little mor caution, which I have no doubt you will give. Tow Bar and Trailer. 3498837457 Tow Bar and Trailer. 2170595768 Tow Bar and Trailer. 3322349030
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 12:43 pm

Well done Mal, good write up and pics.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Great job Mal  Tow Bar and Trailer. 2170595768 any chance of a pic of the bike with the trailer hitched up?
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Yep, I'll grab some tomorrow evening... Forecast is better than today has turned out.
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:08 pm

simbo wrote:
Great job Mal  Tow Bar and Trailer. 2170595768 any chance of a pic of the bike with the trailer hitched up?

How was the golf? you still handicapped by you Tow Bar and Trailer. 3213823784
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:10 pm

You still looking for the ball Sim ? Tow Bar and Trailer. 2740622253
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Flippin eck Mal, you have been doing some ace stuff last year or two. This is ace as well, from what I have seen of this so far, you need one very big pat on the back matey  Tow Bar and Trailer. 3005623951
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Cheers crash. Sorted the electrics on the trailer today, but by the time I'd finished it was pissing down so I didn't fancy doing a road test! Hopefully get a few pics and maybe some vid tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 7:46 pm

As promised, here are some pics of the trailer hitched up. (Excuse the temporary number plate)

Tow Bar and Trailer. 24E2E26A-2B25-4ACF-A229-E6B10E2B1DD8

Tow Bar and Trailer. 9D4362A4-329E-4190-9D06-D28CF4CF77B5

Tow Bar and Trailer. D0825FD5-3E59-4D00-9B31-4CF68746E3C0

Tow Bar and Trailer. DSC_0050

Tow Bar and Trailer. BCE68B97-E85B-41ED-A6CF-3B477E515E7D

Mrs bigmal also shot a few secs of video on our old vid camera, and I'll download that to my Mac at work tomorrow, so you can see the handling.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm

it'll look better in the same colour of your bike Mal but looks good nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tow Bar and Trailer.   Tow Bar and Trailer. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tow Bar and Trailer.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next