Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering

Go down 
+9
peardrop3
bigmal
OldManYam
Mr Intruder
TaurusTuga
Ken1964
johnboss
simbo
bagtoracer68
13 posters
AuthorMessage
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Empty
PostSubject: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 2:41 am

So, after researching some expensive center stands so I can lift my bike and replace the front brake pads and fluid, (going to clean up the rotor while I'm at it), and learning that most of them on the market won't work with my bike due to the exhaust pipe configuration, I took a few ideas that I've seen online, and decided to give making my own a shot. I've used this once, (made from a $20 aquarium stand that we couldn't sell in a yard-sale!), just to make sure it would lift and support the bike without crumbling! I'm not the greatest welder, but with my trusty 4" angle grinder, and my 110V MIG welder, I was able to actually cobble together something that worked. I need to put some type of rubber or nylon cover on the top to protect the underside of the bike, and add a couple more stabilizers on the bottom to prevent rocking, (lifted well with the handle, but wasn't as stable as I'd like). Just slide it under the bike in the upright position(1st photo), then use the long handle to rotate the stand to lift and support the bike(photo 2). I will post some more pics of it, and in action, once I finalize the design. It's going to be warm but raining this weekend, so I should have time to finish it and the brakes, but I need to get crackin', cuz high riding season is only a couple weeks away! 
guttss 
Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering CenterStand_1_zpsnh7fcp4a

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering CenterStand_2_zps1anbtx86
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Looks a handy tool, nice job and saved a few Dollars too  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:56 pm

I paid £30.00 for a 'branded' one.  Works very well, as I'm sure yours will.  Wish I had access to some proper 'man' tools and had some engineering skills .  Must be nice to be able to make your own.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Somebody on here once made one out of wood, much kinder to the under frame. Yours is very good though, must be great to have the skills.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Good job Barry Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3005623951

For those that have no experience skills, this is not so expensive and it seems that works very well:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/SMX-Motorrad-Hebebuhne-Motorradheber-Scherenlift-Montagestander-Mini-Lift-NEU-/121531577191?hash=item1c4bd8b367:g:yE0AAOSwVL1V-qfS

This with the same function in Uk, but with a scary price Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 437349 (only my 50 cts):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-Scissor-Support-Stand-For-Motorcycle-Bike-Motorbike-Lift-450kg-MC5908-/301590367692?hash=item46382fcdcc:g:DsgAAOSwv0tVKCj5
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am

Ken1964 wrote:
Somebody on here once made one out of wood, much kinder to the under frame.

That was me Ken Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Great job barry, I would say something needs to be added to stop it scraping the paint off the under frame.  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 2170595768
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:27 am

I made up a similar frame for the F6C using square steel tubing. I found a drawing on a forum site for the stand and it 'fits' against the underside of the engine - but in suitable places on the casing. I've not had any issues with it, but it is only used for maintaining the bike. 

Its always worth keeping an eye on the second hand market. I bought a hydraulic bike lift brand new at around £100 some years ago, but have seen them on the second hand market for around £30. Of course they are always 'cheap' when you are not needing one (or after you've paid 'good money' for one).
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Ironically enough, it was Ken's video that was my first inspiration for the design! I came across it on Youtube while researching, (great job on that by the way Ken!), and things progressed to my attempt from there, with the materials I had on hand. I've practically live in a machine shop since I graduated high school, and now manage one, so I've had the luxury of being exposed to a vast array of mechanical experience and application, beyond the tinkering my brothers and I were always up to in our dad's garage at an early age, which obviously had a large impact on my career choice. As for the "proper man tools", I was wary enough to have accumulated the majority of them before I got married! ha ha But I have enough now to keep me occupied on the weekends when the weather's not cooperating for riding, and manage to get my hands on enough to tackle whatever comes up. I do plan on adding a hard plastic or rubber strip on top of the lift to protect the bike finish, but I haven't had time to delve into it yet, and I'm off sick from work today. I hadn't thought of the second hand market but should have. One problem I've found with this bike, is that the undercarriage is only just over 5 inches from the ground when sitting straight up, so even my regular car floor jack wouldn't fit under it to get started, and I imagine most "branded" lifts probably don't start this low in height either. Hoping to finalize the unit this weekend if I feel better. Will post more pics if I succeed.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 5:44 pm

bagtoracer68 wrote:
… One problem I've found with this bike, is that the undercarriage is only just over 5 inches from the ground when sitting straight up, so even my regular car floor jack wouldn't fit under it to get started, and I imagine most "branded" lifts probably don't start this low in height either. Hoping to finalize the unit this weekend if I feel better. Will post more pics if I succeed.

This may help you Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3005623951 ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400127738704?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks Jose`. I'm taking some pointers from the pics in the ad's description, and adapting my design as I go!
Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3005623951
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:31 pm

bagtoracer68 wrote:
… and adapting my design as I go!
Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3005623951

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 256401
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:28 pm

That looks a very professional version of the now famous wooden plank and pole system! I made the wooden version... Works well, and with a long pole it's a single handed job to lift the bike into it. It always feels scary tipping the bike back off it though!! Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 249703
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Yes Mal especially if the scaffold pole is a bit long & the hole a bit bigger than you wanted in the plank as well as the pipe seems to swing towards your pride n joy!
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:41 am

Well, here's the final version. Added a couple of pieces I cut out off a $4 polypropylene cutting board to the top with counter-sunk screws to protect the bike. Even radiused the back corner so the bike slides up onto the stand easily. Luckily this bike is fairly light, and even with the short handle, it lifts very easily with one hand, front or back, and lowering was very controlled. I was pleasantly surprised at the stability while lifted as well, with only adding the the small stabilizer bar across the front of the unit to balance against the foot on the backside. Now I can finally get to working ON THE BIKE with it, and not on the stand, and get my new brake pads installed on the front! Just needs cleaned up and maybe a quick shot of black spray paint all over to protect it and hide the less-than stellar welding.
Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 2747638305

By the way Sim; good on ya' for the Buddy Jesus Avitar!
ilis

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering CenterStand%20Final_1_zpsjh4ykqe4

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering CenterStand%20Final_2_zpsb0adcbtm

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering CenterStand%20Final_3_zpswias4agq

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering CenterStand%20Final_4_zpsbjjlt8kc
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:36 am

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 10:03 am

Nice work Barry. You can't beat those $4 polypropylene chopping boards! I've chopped one up myself for various things.

Note to self "you bought a welder a while back.... Get off your Arse (butt) and learn to use it!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Nice job that  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 5:19 pm

I bought a 'branded' one as I don't have the necessary skills to make one.  They do work well, but I doubt I'll ever have the bottle to lift the bike on my own Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 249703
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 11:58 pm

thanx guys; I believe I saved enough money that the wife won't complain when I spend it on a new pair of nice riding boots!
Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 123721 
Mal: we use a similar type of material to the polypropylene on the loading units for the lathes our shop builds, to protect the material that is being fed into them; that's where I got the idea for chopping up the cutting board, but it obviously has many uses! And I suggest finding some things to practice welding on that don't need to bare any structural weight at first; even just scraps of metal at first. It's not that difficult, but I melted a lot of metal, (some of which broke apart fairly easily!), before I got any hang of penetrating the heat equally into both parts and the proper flow of welding rod to make some structurally sturdy welds. You won't learn if you don't start practicing; so here's to having fun with it!
Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 256401
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 8:18 am

Brilliant bit of kit - wish I had access to a fabrication shop, it'd save me a fortune in the odd "one-off" bits I have done.

I ended up buying one of these - drops low enough to fit under the frame & raises it high enough to work on.  I can pull the bike into the middle of the garage when I'm working on it, & push it back to the wall at the end of the day.  It's been invaluable for "wheels-off" - it's paid for itself in a year
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 10:23 am

That's a cracking piece of kit Dave Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:01 am

Wish I coulda' afforded a proper stand like that one Dave! Sure it's quite handy to use, and also to store like you noted. I did use mine to fit my EBC pads last weekend while my brother was up from North Carolina, we swapped all the hydraulic fluid, (brake and clutch) while we were at it, and pulled and cleaned the jets in both carbs. So my cheapie saved me enough money to buy these; $95 was a steel for all the ones I've shopped!

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering IMG_20160324_164804772_zpsp1e4jjfb

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering IMG_20160324_205744888_zps59aediwc

This where I got the idea for the polypropylene protective top Mal; it's an unloader table from one of the lathes our shop builds...

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering IMG_20160328_132942082_zpsfyc85iu4
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:33 am

Cool boots - I picked a pair of these off ebay last year for £85 - dead comfy

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 87068_black_f

I wouldn't be without the stand nowadays - it would have been impossible to do this without a full lift stand

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering <a href=Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering DSC09943_zpsxjuvbljb" />

Saying that, I still stuff a piece of wood under the frame to hold it upright when I'm cleaning it - one of your's would be the dogz !!!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Lovely boots Barry.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Love the finished bike lift, nicely done. Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 6:07 pm

To Dave R; those are nice boots! Just like my last pair of Frye's, and as you said, so comfy I wore them everywhere! Unfortunately, I outgrew them, and regrettably had to passed them down to my son. The new ones have a zipper in the back, that makes them easier for us old folks to get on and off! Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 474255

One last pic of the final stand after I cleaned up the welds and I spiffed it up a bit with a little black paint for protection. I may have to build a rack of some sort for any major tear-downs like you did, but hopefully won't be doing that any time soon.

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Painted%20Stand_zpswm9dbkdu
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Ace job, I would love to have the skills of a lot of you guys  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 184121345
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:20 pm

bagtoracer68 wrote:
To Dave R; those are nice boots! Just like my last pair of Frye's, and as you said, so comfy I wore them everywhere! Unfortunately, I outgrew them, and regrettably had to passed them down to my son. 

You know your boots Barry - I'm impressed !!!
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:44 am

Thanks Dave; guess great minds think alike when it comes to riding in style! Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 1993399755

I got married in a kilt wearing my Doc Marten's with Tartan plaid inner liners and a full Prince Charlie jacket, and I have to say the Doc's are still the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, although they're a bother to lace up and strap in vs. a slip on with a zipper!
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 8:28 am

bagtoracer68 wrote:

I got married in a kilt wearing my Doc Marten's with Tartan plaid inner liners and a full Prince Charlie jacket, 

Now that's a picture worth posting  !!!!!  Ain't had a pair of Dockers since I left school - used to polish them with "oxblood" till they went a maroon colour.  Have you seen how much they are - back then, they were a cheap pair of work boots - now they're a "fashion item", they cost a fortune
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Here you go Dave! Took me a while to dig up the old disc with the wedding photos, but the first one is obviously just me blatantly posing for my sister-in-law, the second is me and the lovely misses Barry just after the half Pagan/half Christian vows, (mine being the Pagan part, and you can see my brother-in-law/best man wearing his kilt in the right background), and the third is of me with a cigar and a leaf-blower, drying off the guest seating for the reception, as it down-poured with lightning, thunder, and then a double rainbow, immediately after our ceremony!(some say that's good luck, and it has been so far!)  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 215375 Yes, we were married by a CERTIFIED WOMAN! I agree though, the Dockers have become something of a fashion statement these days, and I paid $110 US for mine, specifically for the wedding, (notice the meticulous toe/heel shine :) !), but I'm actually wearing them right now, and their still as comfortable and durable as they were 8 years ago when I bought them! Never heard of the oxblood trick here, but it sounds like that would give them a very exquisite and unique hue; intriguing indeed!

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Wedding_1_zpskeppziow

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Wedding_2_zpsnrk3gvjo

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Wedding_3_zpshof7b7sd

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Barrys%20Wedding%20012_zpsikpaio7e
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:06 pm

How very cool Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 184121345
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:15 pm

great pics barry
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3492671266 Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3498837457
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 12:57 pm

agreed Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 3492671266
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 3:10 pm

$110.00 for a pair of Dockers - the ones we buy are made 60 miles down the road from me & cost £110.00 - probably due to yours being in China I guess !!  Great photos Barry - is the Scottish garb fashion or heritage ?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 3:17 pm

katsd wrote:
$110.00 for a pair of Dockers - the ones we buy are made 60 miles down the road from me & cost £110.00 - probably due to yours being in China I guess !!  Great photos Barry - is the Scottish garb fashion or heritage ?

£110?!? only £95 in the "very" catalogue! and that's before staff discount  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 2747638305
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 12:19 am

Thanks guys. I bought mine through Zappos online back in 08', so wherever they were getting their supply from!  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 1993399755 The Scottish garb is by heritage; I'm a proper mash up of all sorts, which I remember my mother always reciting in this order: Scots/Irish, German, Welsh, Dutch, and even 1/8 Cherokee Indian! I know why I often conflict with myself sometimes!  Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering 62195 Promise I'll try to keep the postings to more directly related to the bike in the future.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:09 am

Fuck me Barry - you're even more confused than Justin !!!!!  Did you go with the traditional kilt undergarments ?  Not that a photo of that is necessary.  If it's your thread, I'm happy to see it rambling in random directions - far as I'm concerned, it's one of the things that makes this site interesting
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 2:50 am

Yeah Dave, that's what happened when people from that side came over and hung out together in the Allegheny Mountains and started breedin' for years; they ended up with messes like me! I wanted the T-shirt that said "If I were wearing anything under it, then it would be a skirt", to wear with the kilt after the wedding, but the missus wasn't going for it! hyst Been doin' more ridin' and less writin' these days obviously, and absolutely loving it! Just put some paint-matching red LED lights under the bike; what we call red-neck illumination here, and installed a switch into the fuse cover to turn them on and off during day/night riding. I'll get a couple pics on when I can get it all in good lighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering   Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Made Center Stand: Garage Engineering
Page 1 of 1