Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My wee beastie at the buttertubs

Go down 
+4
stingray
OldManYam
johnboss
Tigerops
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

My wee beastie at the buttertubs Empty
PostSubject: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:04 pm

My wee beastie at the buttertubs D220bu10
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:06 pm

My wee beastie at the buttertubs D220ab10
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:07 pm

My wee beastie at the buttertubs D520lu10
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Off up to the Buttertubs tomorrow for the weekend.  Looks good,
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Some interesting roads up there,need to go back and go to tan hill.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Yep, worth a visit ... head from Hawes over the Buttertubs then at the 'T'-junction turn left, then go through Thwaite in direction of Angram up towards Keld ..... but stay on the 'main road' (Small twisty lane in reality) rather than go to Keld.

Just after the hamlet of Keld there is a road junction on the right hand side - take it & it climbs up over the moors & takes you to the 'T'-junction at Tan Hill.

The first section of that road is a steep climb with one sharp hairpin - be careful .... worth observing the hill first to make sure there is nothing coming down to the hairpin as you approach it. It is not a heavily trafficked road - so pick your moment for the hairpin. This is a real 'backroad', and not for the feint hearted ... but I've done it on the F6C with a pillion on board.

There are several good 'backroads' in the North Yorks Moors .... another good one being from Kettlwell over to Leyburn.

Nice looking example of a GT Kwack by the way .... long time since I rode one of them !

Cheers    My wee beastie at the buttertubs 256401     Yam  My wee beastie at the buttertubs 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 11:48 pm

The GT is the other halfs,she loves it to bits. We did the tracks out of Hawes to Crackpot,a few interesting bends there.Didn't have time to go to tan hill as we were off to Edinburgh. Came back via Hawes and the North York moors.

My wee beastie at the buttertubs 256401
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Very nice area by the looks of it Mick, My wee beastie at the buttertubs 3498837457 My wee beastie at the buttertubs 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 pm

That it is John,both Dales & Moors.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Liking your colour scheme mate  My wee beastie at the buttertubs 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Good looking bikes Mick  My wee beastie at the buttertubs 3492671266
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 1:25 pm

We love the area & taking the fully loaded cruiser over some of the moorland roads is a brilliant thing to do even if mine has the VS1400 diff swap as it doesn't phase the bike whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Looks a tad drier than when I last visited.

My wee beastie at the buttertubs 14088424_10153812670676623_1230531370881943503_n

My wee beastie at the buttertubs 14100429_10153812670806623_8977322403422925088_n
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 11:34 pm

v-twin wrote:
Looks a tad drier than when I last visited.
Thankfully it was a lot dryer for us on Friday.  Looks pretty bloody miserable and hairy in the wet!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:29 am

On the way back from the Tan Hill to the digs, we came across a little puddle.

My wee beastie at the buttertubs Puddle10

Gary, who had was in his car (he does not ride, but his wife Kate was on a VFR800) came out with us on most trips, now his car is a Tesla, so its electric, he's sat on about 470v of batteries, he went through first and another car followed, we then followed on the bikes :)

My wee beastie at the buttertubs Puddle13

My wee beastie at the buttertubs Puddle16

My wee beastie at the buttertubs Puddle14
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 3:11 pm

That's what the road to Hawes looked like when we went up there last month.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 3:59 pm

Good fun isn't it affraid
Back to top Go down
Tigerops
VIP Member
Tigerops

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 5:44 pm

Hell yeah
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Oh -  I am so glad we had decent weather - that 'puddle' would have finished the journey for me - no way would I ride through that - far to soft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wee beastie at the buttertubs   My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wee beastie at the buttertubs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Gallery :: The Show Room / Gallery-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» Hey to all
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby alongfortheride Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 pm

» Just saying hello as asked... plus a question.
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby SAM11206 Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm

» Hello!
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Onigatudor Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:39 pm

» Choke plunger
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby flying1 Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:43 pm

» Hello intruder people
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby nano Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:19 pm

» Hi from North east England
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Brianhuck Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:30 pm

» VX800 - Wiring issue colours & diagram?
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Billybop90 Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:44 am

» Looking for a set of Leg wind deflectors for a C50 Boulivard.
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Aikido789 Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:11 am

» 12inch apes
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby bernard chaddock Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:06 pm

» Saying hello from Cheshire
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby bernard chaddock Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:58 pm

» ola de portugal
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby fabio almeida Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:28 am

» Hello from Texas
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby icoolwecool99@gmail.com Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:47 pm

» VX800 vacuum hose(s) 1996
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Billybop90 Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:16 pm

» Chrome Fender Tips - Volusia VL800, Boulevard C50T
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby SWEET Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:25 pm

» New to the site
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby VAI777 Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:32 pm

» oldies but goldies
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby redevil Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:59 am

» My new M800
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Urko Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

» Just visiting for final drive info...
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby CS_0427 Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:28 am

» Hello from the Isle of Wight
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:27 am

» Waking up a Sleeping VX800 in Alaska
My wee beastie at the buttertubs Icon_minitimeby John Silver Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password