Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Bars for an Old Ride

Go down 
+3
simbo
Twojobmick
Skidalot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

New Bars for an Old Ride Empty
PostSubject: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 am

Have been off adapting to my new life mostly since the early part of the year; sad as it is. Took the time to get some new bars that we knew it needed early on. Feels and looks like a completely new bike now, and WAY more comfortable/natural to ride! Next I'm looking at some new grips to replace the deteriorating 16 year old ones that wear off on my hands after any decent length ride. Anybody know of a good stylish brand/part that's and easy fit/replacement? I have applied to finish my college degree this Fall, as another means of distraction and doing something positive I know she wanted for me to do; plus my company has promised tuition reimbursement for the few classes I need, but I'm waiting on information from the university before I can proceed. Any-who, if anyone's got any suggestions; be glad to hear em'... Like for starters how to get my fookin' pics to show up here again? I been trying for nearly a half hour dickin' around with stupid photo-fuckit, and somehow none of the URL links will stay in my post when I try to preview or post it! Did I miss some changes over the summer? SHITE on it ALL!!!

New Bars for an Old Ride PbucketNew Bars for an Old Ride Pbucket
New Bars for an Old Ride Pbucket

New Bars for an Old Ride PbucketNew Bars for an Old Ride Pbucket

Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am

bagtoracer68 wrote:
Like for starters how to get my fookin' pics to show up here again? I been trying for nearly a half hour dickin' around with stupid photo-fuckit, and somehow none of the URL links will stay in my post when I try to preview or post it! Did I miss some changes over the summer? SHITE on it ALL!!!

Photobucket has gone tits up Barry.  Use the 13th icon on the tool bar 'Host an image' to enter any pictures you want to show.

There's a thread on here somewhere titled 'How did they find me' if you want to know more. thumup
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 5:00 pm

New Bars for an Old Ride New_ba10
New Bars for an Old Ride New_ba11
New Bars for an Old Ride Old_ba11
New Bars for an Old Ride Old_ba10

Thanks much Sir Skidalot!  Much easier than the URLs; now I can delete that confounded Photobucket account that I don't use for anything else, but then I imagine it would unpost all my previous pictures.  I had tried the "insert image" icon last night as well, but obviously didn't get anywhere with that.  Well now that the pictures are visible, (last two being the old bars of course), I was thinking I don't know how I ever rode with them in the first place!  Other than the fact that I was just happy to be in the wind.  Still looking at something more durable and maybe a little more stylish for the hand grips if anyone knows a good product. So many different sizes and options on the Internet; I'd hate to make a bad choice out of the gate. Thanks again for the tip brother! thanx   ilis
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Grip Puppies

I'd try these Barry, had them on my ST1100 Honda. They just got on over the top of the grips you have now - they're very comfortable and fast / easy to fit.
Don't know if you can buy them in the  'States though
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 9:09 pm

They look good Barry  New Bars for an Old Ride 3498837457   New Bars for an Old Ride 428386 on the "Grip Puppies"..... Got them on my BMW and they cut down the vibration through the bars too  New Bars for an Old Ride 696333
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 1:27 am

Thanks guys! The link for the Grip Puppies actually took me to an ebay store in Wexford Pennsylvania, (one state away from me, and where me mum happened to have been born no less!), at under $20 US, so figure I'll order up a set next pay. What's the worst that could happen for $20? New Bars for an Old Ride 3498837457 They do look comfy, and with the bars lower and closer, it's a bit stiffer feeling, (in a good way), and the vibration hasn't been much of a worry...
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 2:21 am

After just a little poking around, I found these on Amazon for $18.99, and with my Prime membership, I could get them with free 2 day shipping. And although I found a lot of positive reviews, I also found one customer photo complaining of just the issue I've been having with the weather worn old factory ones, and he said it happened after just 4 hours of riding. You all have any problems like this? It did say somewhere something about "now available in North America", so maybe these are sub-par knock-ff product, and not the ones you all are used to over there?

New Bars for an Old Ride Grip_p10

Will do a little more searching to see what else I can find out...
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 7:49 am

They'll be pretty much the same thing Barry, there are a few different types for sale over here, Bigmal got some pattern ones I think.
Get some, wear gloves and "grip those puppies !" as the strap line for them says  New Bars for an Old Ride 2343124779
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks Mick. Planned on doing some searching here on my lunch break too. My gloves are only a little over a year old, and I wonder how much of the staining I get sometimes may be coming off the leather dye in them still?  Not that I'm in a rush, but riding season IS showing distinct signs of winding down over here!
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:57 am

These are along the lines of what I was looking for guys; a little dress up for the old scooter. First pic is of the new "flame grips" as they came from the vendor, (Krator), for about $25 US all told. 2nd and 3rd pics are with the billet aluminum bar ends I got for about $18 from BikeMasters through Summit Racing, and the they took a little modification and some longer bolts and spacers, (good thing I manage a machine shop!), to put on, but in the end, I thought it added some additional flare that the bike needed.  The "grip" parts of them are really soft and "grippy", so all in all I'm pretty satisfied with the look and feel now.  After a particularly cool ride to work a few days ago, and some chilly winds blowing up the sleeves of my leather, my next acquisition is going to be some "gauntlet" leather gloves for the Fall season.  Will let you all know if I come up with anything good...

New Bars for an Old Ride Img_2010
New Bars for an Old Ride Img_2012
New Bars for an Old Ride Img_2011

New Bars for an Old Ride Img_2012
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Looking good there Barry!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Nice job!  thumup
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Yup, New Bars for an Old Ride 184121345  that's definitely a better looking set up you got there now Barry.  New Bars for an Old Ride 102087026
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 am

Thanks guys. Tinkering is a pretty standard and handy distraction these days, and since it just turned the 17th of September here at midnight a few moments ago, which would have been the lovely Mrs. Barry's 51st birthday today; I'm sorely in need of distractions beyond booze! Plus I just realized I got a nice shot of both my elbows in the mirrors! msrke  Ordered what looks like a nice set of all leather Thinsulated gauntlet gloves for only $14.99 off Ebay; should be here on Monday, so I'll post some pics somewhere if I ended up not getting duped for the cash! Ha Ha Next I'm looking for something to improve my highway pegs, as the Suzuki ones that are on there look nice, but don't function very well, and I think part of the problem is that my legs are too long for them. As they are only clamped on round tubes, they twist around if I even lightly put my feet up on them. I'm thinking if I can't find some kind of aftermarket "extenders" of some type, I may look into making some that I can bolt through the tubes to prevent rotation under pressure, and also extend them out a bit farther where my feet aren't so jambed against them, and I can get in a comfortable position without exerting too much force on them. If anyone knows of any such product; I'd love to hear...
Back to top Go down
jed2ben
Prospect
jed2ben

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 2:19 pm

I like those bars. where did you get em. I never liked the one I have on mine.I would like to switch to the one you put on
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm

LOOKING GOOD BARRY
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

jed2ben wrote:
I like those bars. where did you get em. I never liked the one I have on mine.I would like to switch to the one you put on

Here's the link to the bars Jed.  I live right by one of the Summit Racing Warehouses in Ohio, but I think shipping would have been around $10 if I hadn't drove over and picked them up (always more fun to go in and look around that place; and faster). I'm positive they'd look spiffy on your bike, since it's very similar in appearance to mine! thumup  Couldn't beat em' for $40 with shipping.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/emg-07-12516/overview/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Bars for an Old Ride   New Bars for an Old Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Bars for an Old Ride
Page 1 of 1