Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helmet Style

Go down 
+12
captain crash
oldfart
exile
wad
El Bandito
doobie
Bluesman
Rattler
Mr Intruder
pledge
Bunso Steel
DrewMechen
16 posters
AuthorMessage
DrewMechen
DrewMechen

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:46 pm

What style of helmet do you use and why that type?
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:04 pm

I have an open face with goggles or glasses, open face with face length visor and full face flip up helmet. I mainly wear the full face flip up helmet because I feel more protected when riding, not just at the thought of an accident, but just general wind/rain/bug protection. I'll only wear an open face if its a really hot sunny day and I'm travelling a short distance on familiar roads.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Nolan openfaced with the sun shade removed. Helmet Style Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0DJXW8LLNCNeukqqgM4IFHu4JmdVHL3UvTxCQZL7ToPYOLQBt
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Helmet Style HE9155EKMA-1

Helmet Style HE9155EKMA-2
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Thats a really nice helmet you have Dave, best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:59 pm

I have got a load of helmets because there was always another one that I liked but I have finally found one that I like and I use it all year round. great for the summer and just as good for the winter. I really like this helmet, I have it open at low speed and close it at higher speed, very happy with it and very easy to to open or close at any speed.
Unlike other flip helmets this one is actually legal open and closed
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 pm

I often think about the lack of protection to your face while wearing an openfaced helmet. Maybe your kind of helmet will be on my need to get list for next spring.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 pm

I have the Caberg V2R. It's comfortable but a bit noisy and has the inbuilt sun visor.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:06 pm

[img:5379]https://www.suzuki800.com/Helmet Style DSCN1910[/img]

This is my summer helmet (pure vanity - looks good with shades!). In winter I have a black full face helmet (mainly to keep warm and dry).
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:14 am

open face winter/summer...........bring on the bugs
Back to top Go down
El Bandito
El Bandito

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 am

I've got a Caberg Trip. Got it because it was really comfy and also got 5 stars in the SHARP test. It's not legal to wear open and doesn't go far enough back when open anyway. It's bit noisy now that I have a custom screen but earplugs make a difference.
Back to top Go down
wad
wad

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:51 pm

German DOT helmet
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:58 pm

wad wrote:
German DOT helmet

I like these, especially for the summer months but I am paranoid that I will be the one that the old bill decide to make an example of.
I know it says DOT but where is it DOT?
To be legal in the UK it has to have a Kite mark sticker, I wonder if they have one Helmet Style 551160305

Helmet Style P13024132
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Dot is the stateside classification... NOT legal in the UK .... there's a few riders wearing these now and seem to get away with it .... !!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:35 pm

The problem for me is although I would love this sort of helmet (summer only) because I drive for a living I am paranoid that I will get pulled over by the copper that has got out of bed on the wrongside that morning.
Back to top Go down
wad
wad

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 am

They are road legal in the USA only not here, DOT is department of transport, thats the arical kits mark,

Its deffo only a summer helmet as it doesnt cover your ears so your ears will freeze and fall off, but where i live in on the hot days most the cruiser riders round have these or the skid lid, again DOT marked but still not legal here.

Just remember dont buy the Ebay UK german helmets as they are NOVELY helmets and are real shite! From time to time you will find a dot helmet on ebay UK but if not go ebay .com (america) will only cost around £20 to have one shipped over.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:32 pm

wad wrote:
Its deffo only a summer helmet as it doesnt cover your ears so your ears will freeze and fall off
What du say lol!

Good info, cheers
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 am

my first helmet was a Lazer flip helmet but noisey as all heck so I sold it, I was given an AGV full face which was okay but it needed a new visor but at $60 thought it wasnt worth getting replaced, I bought a M2R open face off ebay after trying one on in a shop but found at higher speed it lifted so not overly comfy so I added a visor but that vibrates at speed and blurs my vision ..... and today I bought a new full face helmet that got some good reviews and sells for around $179 aussie but I got it for $40 not quite me, but it is very comfortable and cheap! not sure if it is acceptable Suzuki cruiser attire though LOL

[img:65ee]https://www.suzuki800.com/Helmet Style Rjay[/img]
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 am

Nice looking lid Helmet Style 102087026
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 pm

i use full face helmet have bin over the top of cars a couple of times and had a few other spills since i started riding and just feel safer with full face its shit enough being noked off by some c##t in a car (how it normally hapens when you have a crash )
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 am

HJC full face for when it's cold and an open face for summer riding. It's strange how the two differing styles of helmet give you different perspective on the ride. The full face really gives me a hightened sense of security whilst I feel more vulnerable wearing the open face. Having said that I prefer to use the open face where possible.
Back to top Go down
CycleBiker
CycleBiker

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 pm

I have gone to full face in recent years - don't like the idea of a face plant. I tried a flip up for a while and while the flip-up is a nice feature it adds to the weight and forward projection of the helmet so I've gone back to just the full face. My full face has the internal sun visor which, since I wear glasses all the time now is a great feature. With a full face I have to pick glasses with slender flexible side frames for easy on and off wearing the full face helmet. It is a bit of a sweat bucket in summer though I can ride with the visor up and the small sun visor down, but I stick sanitary pads in the forehead part of the helmet to keep the sweat out of my eyes. The pads work great and don't cost much for a huge box - buy the rectangular ones.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm

jam rags sounds like a good idear to stop the swet might try that thanks for the tip just have to make sure i aint got a cut on my head it could look a bit strange if i pull up somewere take of me helmet and it fell out on the flor with blud on it Helmet Style 852880
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:45 pm

I agree with the above poster. Laughing
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:05 pm

fat intruder wrote:
jam rags sounds like a good idear to stop the swet might try that thanks for the tip just have to make sure i aint got a cut on my head it could look a bit strange if i pull up somewere take of me helmet and it fell out on the flor with blud on it Helmet Style 852880

Helmet Style 881924 It is a good idea for when its as hot as hell out tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helmet Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Style   Helmet Style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helmet Style
Page 1 of 1