Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Is it normal for coolant to gush out of air bleeder?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sacruickshank
Prospect

Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Empty
PostSubject: Is it normal for coolant to gush out of air bleeder?    Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 2:29 pm

When adding coolant to a supposedly empty system, is it normal for fluid to come out the air bleeder opening? Manual says to leave the bleeder bolt out when filling, but when I got to ~1.4 US Qt coolant came gushing out of the bleeder. The previous coolant drained from normal outlet looked pretty clean, but I noticed some metallic flakes in the fluid that came out the air bleeder during re-fill.

For reference it's a '90 VX800 US model. It's a recent purchase and I don't have the service history, so replacing fluids as normal.

Should I re-drain the coolant and start over?  Thx and happy new year.
Back to top Go down
RAnst4038
RAnst4038

Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it normal for coolant to gush out of air bleeder?    Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 am

98 VS800, I've never touched the cooling system & never will. Rick
Back to top Go down

Is it normal for coolant to gush out of air bleeder?
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» GPX4000 - Sensitive or Normal; Deep or General???????
» How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll.
» Coolant Leak
» redarc coolant alarm.
» settings for gpx4000

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: Cooling system-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» Hello
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby VZ Rider Ed Today at 3:50 am

» Hiyas
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby stingray Yesterday at 2:38 pm

» Hello! This is Ed from Wash.,DC
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby stingray Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 pm

» Ratchet noise from under tank.
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby goshhub Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 pm

» First Time Ever Saw Mr Green
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby ArnoldinIdaho Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:51 pm

» First post from Arnold in Idaho
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby ArnoldinIdaho Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:46 pm

» SAYING HELLO FROM WINNIPEG, MANITOBA
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby sandrusco Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:04 pm

» register logon - C'mon in and say hello - I think
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby wildman Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

» Hi new here...
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby OldManYam Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 pm

» Hello from Bulgaria
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby OldManYam Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:08 pm

» Hello from Ipswich
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby OldManYam Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:07 pm

» VZ800 Charging issue
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby peardrop3 Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:03 pm

» Hello from Calgary Alberta CANADA
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby peardrop3 Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:55 pm

» Hi from South Wales
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby Takkyu Mon May 27, 2019 3:35 pm

» Tailbone pain after 100 miles on stock seat.
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby ardie Sun May 26, 2019 6:54 pm

» My 2013 M50
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby ardie Sun May 26, 2019 6:50 pm

» Brake lever!
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby Shrek Sun May 26, 2019 1:45 pm

» Brake lever!
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby Shrek Sun May 26, 2019 1:29 pm

» Hi from Calgary, Alberta, Canada! (2000 Maurader VZ800)
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby Takkyu Sat May 25, 2019 8:36 pm

» Hello From Gerogetown, Ontario. Canada
Is it normal for coolant  to gush out of air bleeder?  Icon_minitimeby stingray Fri May 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password