Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Looking for something else to do during the off months, and noticed the pitting of the chrome on the backs of my short mirrors while giving the bike a wash, so I figured something more stylish and a little wider so I could see around my own shoulders, would be a fitting project. Since nothing I found beyond plain mirrors weren't any longer/wider reach, I decided on these color coordinated extensions in red off the bat, to hopefully get me a little wider angle with the standard length fare offerings:

Riser extenders

Then, I couldn't decide what would look better or get me the best view, so I ordered one set of each of these, and figured I can switch between them as I liked, or just pick the best ones and stick with them...

Skeleton Skull Mirrors

I found the same skeleton hand ones everywhere online, but at this price difference, (saw some at 5 times that amount, that looked identical!), it's worth the wait for everything to come from China, as it's not like I'm not going out on the road anytime in the next couple weeks anyway. I got all of this for about $35, which is less than a lot of places wanted for one set of mirrors, and the reviews were decent on the lot, so I guess we'll see how things pan out in a couple weeks when they arrive. I'll post some pictures of both setups, and see what the arena of professional opinions thinks before I decide on the winner. It may just come down to the ones that let me see properly behind me...
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Ooooh, this page has gone very groovy..... probably those very long links!

Those will look cool on your bike! 

When I looked at the image in the Ebay listing, all the measurements were backwards! Must be mirror image!!
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:02 am

Nah Mal; you're just on the wrong side of gravity! It IS an "image of mirrors" however! Not sure why one link from eBay was so much longer than the other? But the 2nd one seems to have vanished as well? I'll post it here again and see...

Link
Back to top Go down
simbo
.. Mechanical Tart .. .. Site Moderator ..

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 pm

bagtoracer68 wrote:
Nah Mal; you're just on the wrong side of gravity! It IS an "image of mirrors" however! Not sure why one link from eBay was so much longer than the other? But the 2nd one seems to have vanished as well? I'll post it here again and see...

Link

That was me Barry, I tried editing it to a link so the page didn't go so large and it disappeared    Sorted now though 
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 pm

It’s all smoke and mirrors :)
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:28 pm

simbo wrote:

That was me Barry, I tried editing it to a link so the page didn't go so large and it disappeared    Sorted now though 

No worries Sim; figured it was something along those lines, seeing how the other two were properly tidied up. I was wondering why the page spread out and I couldn't see all the text on the screen! I understand just enough about computer systems to be dangerous and all, but know fuck all about code and editing stuff. Glad there are professionals around to correct for my ineptitude!  thumup

And Mal; Smoke is my dog's name. I'll try to get him in one of the pictures of the mirrors when I get them fitted! Literal Smoke and mirrors! msrke
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Look forward to seeing that Barry 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade   

Back to top Go down

Wider Angle Mirror Upgrade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: Risers, Handle bars, Mirrors, Grips & End Weights-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» Hello from across the pond
by stingray Today at 12:01 pm

» newby
by ardie Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» vs1400 drive mod
by mally Yesterday at 6:21 pm

» VL800 C800 ENGINE
by Wiggo Yesterday at 8:38 am

» VZ800 Compression question
by v-twin Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 pm

» Powder coat wheels