Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL

Go down 
+3
Bugera
Scooter
silvergriffin21
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silvergriffin21
Prospect
silvergriffin21

CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Empty
PostSubject: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello! So I've always had clutch issues with this bike. I installed new clutch ( friction and springs )  when the clutch was slipping when i first got the bike, but then the clutch was dragging, after a while I found out I forgot to install the thrust washer! (Ooops) So I've got it all back together now and It's started slipping! Oh well. Probably damaged plates with drag. I replaced everything ( Steels, friction, Hub and springs again!) But it is still slipping!!! I've used EBC heavier springs and friction plates with generic Steels, as its hard to fuck up a steel plate. No idea what's going on here. The clutch has 20mm freeplay (ball to lever) and I've tried various different adjustment but no dice. Just slips when giving any throttle past 1st gear, It eventuality catches but I'll just end up ruining these plates. 10w40 is in it currently. I know garage put fully synthetic in it but this shouldn't be an issue surely as it was slipping before. Any help would be appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Scooter
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Is your oil specifically for motorcycles? I've read car oil is too slippery for a bike's wet clutch and can cause slipping.
Back to top Go down
silvergriffin21
Prospect
silvergriffin21

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 10:42 pm

I'd only ever use bike oil in bikes. MOTUL 3000 semi is what i use
Back to top Go down
Bugera

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 8:04 pm

I think the problem is not in oil. Synthetic oil is more slippery than mineral or semisynthetic. even in manual says to use 10w40 api SF-SJ. Synthetic oil like Motul 7100 is SN so it is out of spec for this bike. I use ones 7100, and it was not problem with slippery. So semisynthetic Motul 3000 might be perfect to use for this bike, for the clutch. If it is still slip, so the problem is inside clutch, something wrong is there.
Back to top Go down
CroRider
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:56 pm

I did clutch change last year new plates new springs,i assamble everything and take it for a ride,the clutch start to slip like mad,so i figure out the problem you need to do full clutch adjustment.Search on youtube 
How To Do A Full Motorcycle Cluch Adjustment
Back to top Go down
CroRider
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:57 pm

And btw Motul 3000 is mineral oil,what gradation are you using?
Back to top Go down
silvergriffin21
Prospect
silvergriffin21

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 am

My mechanic said it would be down to adjustment, I just don't see how! I'm using 10w40 Motul 5000
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 7:52 pm

I would use Suzuki clutch plates and springs myself but I doubt  what you have fitted will be causing the issue or the oil you use looks like you will need to adjust or take it apart and start again mate there might be a simple answer though fingers crossed good luck mate
Back to top Go down
Rayzrider
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 5:45 pm

The plates are glazed and the clutch plates may need a resurfacing with emery cloth to make a better friction surface
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Not sure of the set-up on the VZ ..... is it cable operated clutch or hydraulic ?

If cable operated, I wonder if it is like the VX800, where there is a clutch adjuster inside the transmission casing (where the clutch cable goes into the engine/gearbox unit). If so it is worth checking that adjuster is set right, as it can lead to clutch slip on the VX if its not set right.

Other than that, from what you describe, you should be able to get it working right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL   CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLUTCH SLIPPING STILL
Page 1 of 1