Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.

Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomePublicationsRegisterLog in

Ratchet noise from under tank.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rossmofo
rossmofo

Ratchet noise from under tank.  Empty
PostSubject: Ratchet noise from under tank.    Ratchet noise from under tank.  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 am

Hi, I have recently decided to put the M800 back on the road after a 20 month layoff. In this time it has been started and let warm to running temp etc.
I had charged the battery and checked over the bike for it's MOT when I switched on the ignition to here a ratchet sort of noise from under the tank, thinking it was the fuel pump, I turned it on and off a few times still there.
Took tank off and it turns out it was the secondary butterflies stepper motor making the noise. Butterflies were not wanting to move at all so time to strip it down.
Removed the stepper module and the TP and STP sensors, butterflies still stiff.
Next removed the linkages that go from the secondary butterflies to the throttle stop pivot and there was the problem.
The main pivot has an arm, spring and bronze Bush, the Bush was seized on the pivot pin, some gt85 and gentle persuasion later it was off.
Polished the bore of the bush and coated with moly grease and reassembled everything.
Had to reset the TP and STP sensors.
Bike passed it's MOT and it was great to be on my bike again for the first time in 20months.

Back to top Go down
goshhub

Ratchet noise from under tank.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ratchet noise from under tank.    Ratchet noise from under tank.  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 pm

good that u were able to fix it yourself .......nice one.
not been on my bike this year due to moving home , havin to do lots of repairsĀ  and past health issues ,missed it like hell,had to cancel m.o.t. twice .will def get it sorted and ridden v.soon .
have started the bike but will put fresh fuel in tank bfore next fire up ....
all the best Ross . now you got it going, have plenty of rides out like i am hoping to do soon
Back to top Go down

Ratchet noise from under tank.
Page 1 of 1