Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tyre Pressures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ippikin
ippikin

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Can anyone tell me what the normal tyre pressures are for a VZ800 K8 model please? Tyre Pressures 1090754380
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I believe that recommended pressure is 29psi front tyre, 36 psi rear tyre on your model
It should say in your hand book and also on the sticker on the rear mudguard if it is still there.

I run my C800 above recommendation as I think the handling is sloppy at the recommended C800 Pressure. So I put in 32psi front and 38psi in the rear but they are slightly different bikes. I ride my bike quite hard and found the recommend pressure gave a sloppy response & the slightly higher pressure more responsive.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 pm

My bike handled better when I went to the pressure Mr I runs at but that was also a C not an M. The tyre pressure for the C & M are identical though so what you run them at is a matter of personal preference
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:31 pm

You'll probably get more wear out of your tyres if you run 32/38. I wore out a stock rear at 4,500 although I had been at 34 for a while. My current Pirrelli Route has done 4,000 now at 38 and is barely half worn - stock tyres are a bit crappy mind. My front stock is still ok at 8500 but will need changing at about 9500. Tyre pressures and choice of tyres can make a big difference but riding style is not to be underestimated. I can safely say that I hammered my bike for the first 5,000. When I got new exhausts and could hear the damn things at last, I stopped trying to make the engine heared above the traffic and eased off on the throttle a bit. As Mr I. rightly says, the bikes handle better at the higher pressure, although you do feel the bumps more. I will say this - the 800's are wonderfully adaptable machines - steady eddy or nutter, either style will give you rewards in their own way. That big front tyre is no small player in the bike's success, I would say.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Wise words from the Bluesman there, the most important thing to remember is that different tyres will react differently at different pressures. My bike is still on stock tyres and I found the 32/38psi worked really well for those tyres however I may run at slightly different pressures when I renew them with the presently planned Metzler ME880's. Trial and error is the key!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I may run at slightly different pressures when I renew them with the presently planned Metzler ME880's.

I think that Metzler tyres run at quiet a high pressure compared to most, which ones are you going to get?

The ME-880 Marathon's or the ME-880 white walls. White walls I suspect

Tyre Pressures ME_880_Marathon_173X236 ME-880 Marathon Tyre Pressures ME_880_Whitewall_173X236 ME-880 White walls
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:52 pm

I really like the whitewalls they look very classic.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Yeah gotta be the white walls, they are real nice and will really add to the bike.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Yeah gotta be the white walls, they are real nice and will really add to the bike.

If they got dirty would you clean them or can you get whitewall paint?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:11 am

My mate has white walls on his Rocket and sprays them with Muc-off leaves for a minute the gives a quick scrub around with a medium hard brush and then cleans them off properly with clean water but I dont know if that the proper way that is recomended or not
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 am

Bluesman wrote:
If they got dirty would you clean them or can you get whitewall paint?
I would clean them, I have read a lot about white walls & the best thing to do is clean them on a regular basis to keep them in tip top condition. That way you stop oils and grime from deeply penetrating the white wall which makes them harder to keep really bright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyre Pressures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressures   Tyre Pressures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyre Pressures
Page 1 of 1