Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!

Go down 
+7
alfie92
scotland warrior
captain crash
doobie
Mr Intruder
pledge
Bucko1232
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucko1232
Prospect
Bucko1232

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:06 am

Well, this is great! I found another Boulevard site!

My name's Robin Torske, but my friends call me "Buck". I currently ride an '08 C50 and it's a follow-on to my earlier '05. I live in Olympia, WA, the State Capitol, located at the south-eastern most reach of the Puget Sound. It's about 55 miles south of Seattle and 120 miles north of Portland, Oregon.

I'm a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer (aviation) and spent a bit of time interfacing with the Royal Navy overseas. I spent several months on Diego Garcia, BIOT. Love you guys! Additionally, I worked with the RN, RAF, RNZAF and RAAF when I was with Operation DEEPFREEZE, Antarctica and during various Fleet operations and during my tours during the Vietnam War, Cold War and Desert Storm. I ride with a nationwide group - Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association (CVMA) and am a full member of CVMA Chapter 11-1 DET 11-1A, and soon-to-be Chapter 11-4 Washington. "Vets Helping Vets" Look us up!

My bike's presently undergoing a few Winter Mods in anticipation of my upcoming ride to Sturgis this Summer. I've just pulled the rear fender and have filled it. Ought to have it painted by the end of the week. Then I'm installing a side-mount vertical license plate frame and light. The bike's already lowered 2 1/2 inches aft and I cut the front fork springs 1 inch. I've modified the air cleaner cover using a Kuryakyn skull mirror cover, black wrinkle finish - and backlit the eyes with red LEDs. I'm running unmuffled Roadburner 3 inch black over/under pipes for a nice ripsaw tone! It's got a OEM lightbar with driving lights and yanked-off the fork sleeves and a few other subtle changes. I get a lot of favorable comments on it!

I've ridden this one more than 38k miles in every conceivable weather - up mountains and across deserts, Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall. What a great machine. Not a hiccup! I'm really looking forward to seeing all your bikes and reading your stories about MY favorite scoot!
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Buck and welcome to the site. Great intro.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 am

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 304308752 Buck, good to have you on board.
Sounds like you have lead an interesting life, if you get a chance post a couple of pic's in the showroom section.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm

hello buck Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 304308752 what a life...get some pics up in the show us your section, like to see them changes
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 18617 Welcome Buck Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 1530558013
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Buck you sound like a good adddition to the sight and I cant waite to see your bike.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Sound intro Buck welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Great to have yet another well travelled member. Glad you found the site, and I hope we can all make you feel welcome
Back to top Go down
barky

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 1530558013
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 936075699 Hi Buck, this is a great site!
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!    Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Hiya Buck good to have you on board, Your bike sounds interesting with those mod's post some pic's when you get the time & Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 304308752
Back to top Go down
Bucko1232
Prospect
Bucko1232

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I'll get pics up in a bit. Had some realllllly bad weather here the last week with power out, no heat, snow and ice. Kinda cut in on other stuff.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!    Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey Buck it sound's like you've got enough on yer plate at the moment wot with power out's an all stay warm and safe and keep modding in the mean time
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Sound like Scotland wwwoooohhhhooooo stay safe and dont go out in the eye of the storm.
Back to top Go down
Bucko1232
Prospect
Bucko1232

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi again! Well the snows melting-off, the ice has turned to muddy standing water and my power works again. Yahoooooo! Didn't have to eat my dogs. They're grateful... LOL! (you Brits would love these animals. They're Corgi/Jack Russell mixes - called "Cojacks"). Sorta like your Majesty's dogs, but with real attitude!

Got my rear fender at the painter's ($300 USD). Decided NOT to repaint the whole bike and am staying "Suzuki black". My new sidemount taillight/license frame and ISO grips arrived yesterday. Bought some nice "bullet" marker/run/turn signals today too, so now my rear lighting is taken care of. Next comes yanking my exhaust for some fresh ceramic flat black, as they're starting to look a little rough.

Soon as I bolt the mess back together, I'll shoot some pics and send 'em.

Gotta tell y'all, I was having a cup of coffee this morning at my local bookstore, and looking through some Brit and Euro published biker mags. Looks as if riding and wrenching is very alive and well over there. It's nice to see the whole motorcycle world outside the U.S. isn't as "Harley centric" as here. I love HD, but the damned things aren't for guys in my socio-economic bracket! So it was great to see the Suzukis, Yamahas, old Honda 4s, Triumphs and such - sharing equal billing with the Harleys.

I'd sure like to be able to ship my scoot one of these days and come your way for a journey, but I'll have to save some cash!

Adios for now, Buck out.
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Bucko first you said about eating your dogs, well weather depending Ill last longer as Ive got a great dane.
Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! DSCF0566

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! P1070028[/img]
Talking about HD, Im in the same boat as you, I love them but cash said no, however all the people who I do know with Harleys love my bike and comment on it every time I see them.
Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 0008123

Im on the right on a Fat Boy, I was given this bike for four days to go to the UK version of, ride to the wall of rememberance, it was a great ride but for £16,000 plus, Ill stick to Suzuki.

Last edited by scotland warrior on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Glad you didn't have to eat your Cojacks Buck, bit chewy so I am told. Cats are better, similar to chicken. Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! 852880
We will be looking forward to the pics of your new bling when you fit it.
As for the HD thing, oh don't get us started on that shite again, we have been there and done that before as you will see if you search it.
Back to top Go down
Bucko1232
Prospect
Bucko1232

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 am

That's some dog! Wow! We've got some like that hereabouts - we saddle 'em and round-up cattle! Hahaha! Is "shite" as smelly as the North American version? LOL! Buck out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!   Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Great Norhwest of Washington State, USA!
Page 1 of 1