Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* Exhaust System Video Data Base *

Go down 
+3
scotland warrior
captain crash
Mr Intruder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

* Exhaust System Video Data Base * Empty
PostSubject: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 pm

I have started to compile a data base of exhaust video clips of either the C or the M.

I will try to place the best (short) clips that I can find so that members have a quick reference guide

I will be periodically updating this data base as time permits
---------------------------------------------------------

Stock Exhaust
Drilled

Thanks goes to suzuki800 member The Bluesman for this video

Stock Exhaust
Drilled & Punched

Vance and Hines - Cruzers
Stock

Stock and after

De-Baffled

Vance and Hines - Straight Shots
De-Baffled

Vance and Hines - Pro Pipe Chrome

Cobra - Street Rod Slash Down Pipes

Cobra - Drag Pipes

Highway Hawk - Short Shots
Baffles In

Highway Hawk - Short Shots
Baffles Out

Highway Hawk - Turn Down Pipes

Jardine - Slash Cut (Rumblers)
Baffles in and De-Baffled

Thanks goes to suzuki800 member Scotland Warrior for this video

Jardine - Slash Cut (Rumblers)

Thanks goes to suzuki800 member
Freemo for this video

Hard Krome - Side Burner
Before and after

Roadburner - 3" Drag Pro's

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:04 am; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Very Useful Mr I * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 881924 more and more all the time * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 2170595768 done
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 am

Mr I, this is my video with Jardine pipes baffles in & out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQgsmWgaks0&lc=aPIWXzQyIh8kUg6ZnyLyESl_-C6VA0Lu8L8Vm_oBMsM&context=C36939c0ADOEgsToPDskKSdVW6G-xh5uD681sfV3g5
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Cheers Jim, Now updated * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm

A proper rogues gallery! Problem is - how to choose. That's easy: get em all! * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 3322349030
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Good feature Mr I ...helps peeps like me decide what I like best before I buy .... Can't be bad !!!!

Couple of questions though
1) Are all Scottish Ice Cream vans that bloody loud ??? ...and
2) How tall is Freemo...? He made that m8 look like a 125 !!!

Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Cheers glad you like it Exile * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 433968

And yeah I thought that, Freemo's a big lad. I wouldn't want to meet him up a dark alley * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 249703
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 pm

I spent a long time listening to pipes on videos before I bought mine. One thing to bear in mind - camcorders, microphones and acoustics make a difference too. It is not always possible to hear pipes in real life but if a friend has a pipe you really like the sound of on a similar bike to yours then that is a guide too. The next best thing is video comparison and this section is invaluable - there are more on You Tube but these Mr. I has put together are in one place and that makes comparison so much easier. One word of caution - many people think they will be running baffles out but in reality most end up with them in so perhaps that is the sound to go for. I think I would be more than happy with any of the pipes above.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Bluesman wrote:
I spent a long time listening to pipes on videos before I bought mine. One thing to bear in mind - camcorders, microphones and acoustics make a difference too.
Thats actually the reason I don't have a video of mine up there at the moment. Because I know I don't have a video that actually does the sound justice. However I'm not very good at recording as I keep putting my finger over the bloody mic, I will try to do one this weekend that is of a decent quality.
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

I do find that the slash cut jardine pipes are nice and have a great sound.

As it was said however you may not run with the bafles out, this is due to a cuple off factors;

1, the time of year, in the uk winter it gets dark quick and you disrupt to many people as they feel its still night.

2, if you plan a long trip then you will find them to loud, thease pipes are louder than HD short cut pipes, thats bafles out.

3, group rides no one will sit behind you as it kills them.

4, area, the police in my area just look and smile as they can see Im not daft but as I said police in your area may just hat bikes.

Good points the bafles can be taken in and out, the sound is very loud even sets of car alarms if started in a car park, scares the kid and pedestrians, also every one hear you about 500 meters away and thats no joke.

Bad points there are none.

Loud Pipes Saves Lives.

The way I do it is bafles in for winter and out for the summer.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Bluesman wrote:
One word of caution - many people think they will be running baffles out but in reality most end up with them in
Very good point, I started out wanting loud pipes and ended up adding Hard Krome Quiet baffles. I have now ridden for many hundreds of miles with my V&H Cruzers with the HK quiet baffles in and I absolutely love the sound I have. The exhausts are by no means quiet with the extra baffles in but I can creep about when I need to without pissing my neighbours off but when I pull the throttle back she barks like I want her too and sounds fabulous. I have the best mixture of tone and db that I could have wanted and am really pleased with the result.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 pm

scotland warrior wrote:
if you plan a long trip then you will find them to loud
I had the same problem with the V&H Cruzers with standard baffles in which is why I added the HK quiet baffles, when I was on the motorway which is often the noise level become unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Mr I it would be cool if there was a Show room vidio area for your bikes just like the show room Pics area the same way you have done the pipes vids.

And what about a mod of the month even bike of the month that would be fun even a select few voted for by the forum.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Sounds like a good idea
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:51 pm

One thing that bothers me with loud pipes is how it freaks animals, mainly dogs and horses. I've stopped riding my Intruder so much over the Gower where we have wild horses but I love it in town. I try to ease off the throttle if I see someone with a dog. But I'm very sensitive to animals - don't care much what humans think though!! At the end of the day you have a volume control in your right hand whatever pipes you have.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm

scotland warrior wrote:
And what about a mod of the month even bike of the month that would be fun even a select few voted for by the forum.

My bike would never win - it's usually the same as it was last month* Exhaust System Video Data Base * 3213823784
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 pm

John just dip your cluch and the pipes will go dead, thats what I do for animals and police
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 pm

I see what your saying John but it would bring people back time and time again just to see if they were in with a chance, also you may put a sticker on your bike and every won loves it so you win no matter how big or small, it will make people upload pics to show of what they can do.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I think that what john has highlighted is true for the majority of member but we have a few that are going for it of late. I don't think we necceserily need a seperate area for it though maybe a pole could be placed up somehow for a vote to be done for each month within the appropriate area. The only problem with that though is that when polls have been done in the past they haven't attracted much attention. But if you don't try it you don't find out

I do think Jims idea for a video section for members to post their bike video's would be an excellent idea.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Looking in to it and how to handle it, bear with me * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 am

Stock Exhaust gutted with center plates punched, great job done with a great sound.  * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 3498837457 

This video will be moved up to the top data base in time to keep all tidy and together for easy browsing and searching.

Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Nice one, good to see you have moved the video to this area Dave as it will help others out  * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 184121345
Back to top Go down
csxtamas
Prospect
csxtamas

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 am

Hi there,
I've just created a comparison video of the Suzuki M800 stock exhaust and the Vance and Hines Twin Slash Staggered with quiet baffles fitted. Same conditions, same route, same speed. I have got it replaced last season and almost forgot how praiseless the original exhaust was:)

Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Good comparison video Tom! Thanks for sharing  * Exhaust System Video Data Base * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * Exhaust System Video Data Base *   * Exhaust System Video Data Base * Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* Exhaust System Video Data Base *
Page 1 of 1