Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *

Go down 
+3
collo
captain crash
Mr Intruder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

* Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Empty
PostSubject: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:39 pm

This video will hopefully give you good idea of what is involved and how to fit the Healtech Fuel Processor on either a Suzuki C or M800 2009 onwards
Ok. This is a really easy install. From start to finish it will take no longer than an hour with time taken out for a nice cup of Rosie lee. You will need to remove the side cover which is held in position with a single bolt at the top. After removing the side cover you will see the ECU, two bolts hold this in position. You will need to remove the two bolts that hold this in position so as to be able to reach the 8 pole connector that the FI Pro connects too. This will have a cap on it which will pop off easily for you to make the connection. There are also two wires that need to be connected from the FI Pro the 1st being the blue\black, that connects to the throttle position sensor wire in position #21 on the ECU. The second from the FI pro is the yellow/green which connects to the crank position sensor wire in position #27 on the ECU.

The stock map for this application with no changes being made to the bikes fuel injection would be with all cells set at zero, at zero on the maps, the bike is running how the Eurocrats want it to run with low emissions, however to achieve low emissions the bike leaves the factory running LEAN. As you will see on the screen there have been a lot of changes made to the stock maps to get it to run properly. I f you are running aftermarket exhausts which I will be as soon as I get around to fitting them the procedure is the same you simply have to use the custom maps which you can download from there website. When you first connect up the FI Pro to your laptop you will need to follow the on screen instructions which will as you to do a TPS aka throttle position sensor check. We have also found that the correct RPM calibration is 22 which you adjust bottom left of screen on the program. All you need to do then is send the maps to you FI pro and its job done

I hope this info helps you if you decide to do this installation

Cheers, The Intruder.

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Just come back from my 1st proper ride since fitting the FI Pro, and what a difference it makes.
I am running on the standard maps at present because I am still running on the stock exhaust, but there was a definite difference there. She is running happier at lower revs, there is a definite difference in pulling power & it might be my imagination but I think she actually sounds very slightly different. Definitely seems to be a much smother power delivery right from the off, seems to be less snatchy too
Very very pleased, can't wait to get the V&H Crusers on over the next couple of weeks & put in the relevant maps for that!
* Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 29160
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 pm

I just been reading up on that thing on there web page, very interesting. Hell of a lot cheaper than the alternatives on the market it would seem! Certainly helps when guys like you do these write ups and video’s.
That’s another one to add to the wish list. I am going to need a bloody genie in a bottle the way you guys are generating the I WANT, I WANT, I WANT I WANT part of my tiny little brain * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 880307
Back to top Go down
collo
collo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:52 am

Intruder does your FI light stay on?? mine has not gone out since I removed the stock exhaust?

Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Collo I am no expert but if you haven't got the CO2 sensor fiitted into your new exhausts the FI light will stay on however you can get a thingy(don't know what they are called) and you put that where the CO2 lead goes and the light will not come on. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
collo
collo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:41 pm

thanks pledge, hopefully someone will read your comment and name said thingee!!

I will try a google search etc

thanks
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:44 pm

collo wrote:
Intruder does your FI light stay on?? mine has not gone out since I removed the stock exhaust
Collo mine does not come on no!
I completely removed both sensors and cut wire #23
Back to top Go down
collo
collo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:58 pm

wire number 23 in the ecu? or was the two brown/balck wires on the two sensors (i already cut those)!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:02 am

#23 on ecu
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:51 pm

collo wrote:
thanks pledge, hopefully someone will read your comment and name said thingee!!

I will try a google search etc

thanks
The said thingee. would be a lambda/Oxygen sensor eliminator.
Although its not needed if you cut the sensor wire at the ECU
Back to top Go down
collo
collo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanking you very much.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

No worries Collo, hope all is working out as planned with you baby * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 3005623951
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:18 pm

The Intruder wrote:
No worries Collo, hope all is working out as planned with you baby * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 3005623951
Ooooo well now we are all feeling pushed out * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 594857
You don't call any of us baby geek lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Just for the record the "you" should have been a (your) * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 453769 .......................... * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Just cause you say it don't make it true * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 2164642469 * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:59 am

Glad you found that smillie so quick Crash, I had you in mind when I uploaded it * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 50610
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:34 am

* Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 594857 * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 291468 * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 3417148095
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Mr I, I followed you vid and it was very useful. Set it up on my laptop. Question is, where are the maps to set it up.  I have looked on healtech assuming that they would have maps set up for my mods but the only have maps for standards bike. Do I create my own maps?? 

* Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 1090754380
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Stone just so you dont think your being ignored I dont think davey (Mr Intruder) will be back on til tommorrow
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Cheers for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:19 pm

It says in the first post that you download the custom maps from Healtech's website?
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Ive looked on there and it only gives option for standard bike?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah strange? It gives aftermarket exhaust, Stock or aftermarket air filter for the k9-LO models, Same bike as K5-K8, same ECU and FI apart from pre 09 only having one CO2 sensor. I'd say use them, Dave has the Healtech though so he'll know more about them.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Just spoke to dave (Mr Intruder) on the phone he said the maps he had were only adjusted slightly when he had the biked checked on one of the free dyno days that garages do sometimes. He said the map he originally downloaded which was said to be for aftermarket pipes with stock  or aftermarket air filter was designed to run the bike in a slightly rich way when run with a stock air filter so that it would be suitable for a good few different bike setups. He reckons they only made minor adjustments to his setup, so minor that he was glad it was a free dyno cause it would of pissed him off to know he had paid for such a minor adjustment if he had paid. His setup was a K&N filter (home done as this was before K&N did them for the Intruder) and the Vance and Hines Cruiser exhausts
O man this is getting late and I am going to have to hit the sack but I like the technical talk there has been on site today  :sleep:
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Bit annoyed that I have paid for fi tuner and there are no maps for my model on site. I assume I use the 09 map. 

Just wondered Mr I, would you be able to mail me your maps if different to the 09 map

stone

Last edited by stone on Wed May 21, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:58 pm

I dont wanna answer for him but there will be no difference from the newest or oldest FI Intruder bike coming off the production line as of today within the range apart from the fitting possibly. Its just that companies write it that way even if a tyre was changed on a bike after that cause they wont garuntee anything on any bike after any and I mean any change has been made to the model in any way after thay have done there initial tests. davey will confirm this info tommorrow, 

'

I hope   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:33 am

Stone how is your bike setup?
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:20 am

V&H pipes, cone air filter, thats it so far. I have downloaded the 09 and after map, which was the only one on Healtechs site. I have also gone on to dynojets site and downloaded their map which I was going to input manually
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Stone just spoke with Norbert at Healtech, the maps required are the same for all 800cc Intruders, no matter which year. They can only guarantee what they have actually checked. If you download the 2009 maps for the C/M800.
I had the (Aftermarket Exhaust, Stock or after market Airfilter) rather than the other two maps that they do & it was so close to perfect with my setup of V&H Cruiser pipes & K&N it was next to negligible.
You can also make changes to the setup yourself at every 250rpm of the entire range.
Dont forget to set the {RPM Calibration) to 22 when connecting the unit when fitted to your PC.
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:43 am

Do exactly what you have said. Not tested bike yet as I have the back end off it, trying a few mods. Report back as soon as I can.

cheers Mr I
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Went for a short test ride today. Throttle response seams crisper and bike seams to run smoother. Not sure if its done much power wise, but it does make a nicer ride.
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 11:00 am

I have ordered one of these today from Bikers Discount Store with a preloaded map to suit the under-tank filter and honest abe'd exhaust, being sent overnight delivery so hopefully fitted tomorrow .
This is to replace the Cobra FI2000 which decided to cook itself yesterday.
Doing the DIY TRE as soon as the couplings arrive from the US.
Does the CO2 sensor defo need to be disabled ? Will it interfere with the mixture when cruising if left activated?
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Disabled mine and bike goes really well!

Johnmc800 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Thanks I'll disable them too ..hoping the quality is better than the cobra unit,  it worked well enough until it caught fire but I remember thinking It looked like a pound shop doorbell when it first arrived ...
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Ross the CO2 sensor does not have to be disabled, it is very fractionally better if it is. The CO2 Sensor only works in the very low rev range. However I don't care about the climate or anything else when it comes to my ride, so the CO2 sensor is an add on to many. I want everything any bike I own has to offer, from the lowest of low revs, to the highest of high.
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm with you on unnecessary add ons and widgets, our bikes still run cleaner without cats and pair etc than most cars on the road ...I will be disabling co2 sensors and let the fi tuner do its thing with no interference...
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:41 pm

So that's the TRE and the FI PRO fitted , removed the O2 sensor wire from the block connector and soldered the TPS and RPM wires onto the two on the bike, hooked it up to the laptop and set the TPS and stuck 22 in the wee box . The shop had loaded a map onto the unit but hadn't changed the number from 1 to 22..All in all a doddle to fit .
I'm glad I fitted the TRE because while I was down there I noticed that there was wires chaffing on the bottom edge of the fuse box carrier, with two having exposed copper and another almost severed.
Next task will be to get a ride to see what the difference is and maybe treat myself to a wee dyno session. In the meantime I will endeavour to track down someone with a similar airfilter/exhaust combo that has a custom map to suit their bike until I can get on a r/road.
I've got to say the service from BDS was great, I ordered yesterday morning just before noon , they uploaded the map and sent it off to arrive 10am today.
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:51 pm

Well got a wee run out in the damp and wet...throttle response is night and day from stock, I have also stuck a set of straight pipes on and have tried a couple of maps ,bearing in mind the only maps listed for euro models are k9-l0 stock or aftermarket and k5-k8 stock, I am currently running the K9-l0 aftermarket map ,but feel its just not quite right.
Has anyone a similar set-up that they could put up a screenshot of their map, so I can see the differences and maybe tweak mine . Don't think I will be going near a dyno until spring ..
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 am

Glad your happy, I certainly was and still am. * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 am

Oh its a definite improvement over stock, not having the retard in first three gears along with no limiter is great ,I'll just be hapoier once I get a dyno map done, so I know its as close to perfect for my setup.
I particularly like the fact you can send Healtech a powercomnander map and they will convert it to one of theirs ..
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:34 pm

They are without doubt very helpful people with second to none after sales care. * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes, they are very quick to reply to emails and aren't snobbish about the fact its for a cruiser and not a GSXR1ZXRSV4 like sone of the dyno places are ....
Once I have a map, I will post it on here as a starting point for anyone with a similar setup to mine ...
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:53 pm

Nice one Ross, good thinking & great thing to do for others. wagg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *   * Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) * Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* Suzuki C800, Healtech FI Pro (Installation video and instructions) *
Page 1 of 1