Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harley sold.

Go down 
+3
alfie92
Mr Intruder
Bluesman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Did the deal today. Saw a nice SV650 11reg 1600 miles. Nealry a straight swap. Nothing too extreme but wanted a bike I can throw around a bit whilst there is still some stretch left in the old legs! Have enjoyed the 4000 miles on the Sporty - sorry to see it go but did not really find I needed 2 feet forward bikes as they were used for the same sort of ride. Anyway, there was no way I could part with the C800! On the test ride I was impressed how the V-Twin pulled the lightweight bike quickly up to 70 in 3rd and the bends were nice and easy. I did not push it too hard without my leathers on. Arrives sometime next week and the orange Yank moves off to pastures new. These were taken at the dealer after the test ride:

Harley sold. Photo-0002_1

Harley sold. Photo-0009_2
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Lucky you Blues, little jealous to be honest. I have been after a second bike for about a year but just haven't seen something that has jumped out at me. If I didn't have the money I am sure I would spot one every other day.
Will you still keep the DL now that you have your new baby?
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Lucky you Blues, little jealous to be honest. I have been after a second bike for about a year but just haven't seen something that has jumped out at me. If I didn't have the money I am sure I would spot one every other day.
Will you still keep the DL now that you have your new baby?

Signed up for the DL for 3 years so that's still with me. The 3 balance out quite nicely really - a poser, an explorer and a hoot! I do think Suzuki could sponsor me mind! To be perfectly honest Mrs. B doesn't usually like anything that does not look like the Intruder so when she saw the SV and said , 'That's not bad actually' - I did it quick before she changed her mind! Ah well - I spent many hard working years saving for my retirement and this is it! When I've gone to the big Suzuki showroom in the sky you young'n's will stiil be biking so I'm gonna get it while I still can!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Well done John,have a blast m8.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 am

Good choice Blues, a guy near me has just got an identical bike to that and when I see it I always think how nice the bike is. Not too extreme but something you can get on and scratch a bit .... enjoy matey !!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:50 pm

All that fun under one garage roof, happy days
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 pm

you'll love it mate , i've had mine since 2003 and wouldn't part with it for the world, a good all round bike the 650s the only reason i got the 1000 was coz i had a bandit 600 and wanted something bigger at the time.but now i'd have gone the 650 route for sure.
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Harley sold. 3498837457 Looks great, my mate has one of those & he loves it. Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Bike arrived today - said fairwell to the Harley(wow it was loud as it went up the ramp into the van). Love the SV - permanent smile at the moment! Above 9,000 rpm makes a lovely sound going through the gears. Took the Intruder out yesterday - 2 very different machines, both special in their own way....good old Suzuki, makes a lot of people happy!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Really pleased that your pleased John, its a lovely bike Harley sold. 3498837457
I like Suzuki's but that may be because I have had a lot of them. I like the familiarity of buying a brand as you get to know them and that really helps when you do your own maintenance.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:41 pm

How are you finding the sv john, will you adding some goodies to that as well? I serviced mine today and had a quick spin till my ears started bleeding, those race cans are so loud !!
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:42 pm

simbo wrote:
How are you finding the sv john, will you adding some goodies to that as well? I serviced mine today and had a quick spin till my ears started bleeding, those race cans are so loud !!

I'll probably keep it stock for a while. Quite fancy the lower fairing and seat cowl. Had a Scorpion on my Bandit once and after a while the drone irritated me, so I'm not sure on the SV exhaust - took it to the red line a couple of times and it sounds very nice, to say the least. Not struck on the Sportmax tyres but will have to wait until they wear out to change - spent up this year! Love the way it rides - light and exciting to handle. Acceleration is pretty impressive for a 70 bhp bike - loads of torque from the V-Twin. Main problem is I can't get enough of it at the moment - fuel is costing me a bomb! When I went out on the Intruder today after about 500 miles on the SV in a couple of weeks, I was not sure what to expect. I need not have worried - it was surprisingly nimble and still puts a smile on my face. My only problem is the bloody weather!! Saw a nice 1000 like yours today with juicy cans - sounded awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harley sold. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley sold.   Harley sold. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harley sold.
Page 1 of 1