Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wiring problem please help....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
inditen
Prospect
inditen

wiring problem please help.... Empty
PostSubject: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

I have a 93 intruder vs800. and engine blow out. I put a 98 motor in it and making a bobber out of it. I have seen chopper wiring harnesses done on many bikes. Can it be done for a intruder? Im looking for a simplified wiring harness. Ive looked all over internet and cant find one. If someone has already done this please send diagram of wiring to me so I can get my bike back on the road.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 pm

alright mate right this won't be a lot of use cause i can't remember were but i think i have seen something about wiring haresses on the net to do with your bike have you got to change the length of it ? or if your just going to simplifie how do you want to do this i might spot something somewere on the net while im lookin i know theres american sites that do cables so on if your fitting apes and there's a german site that does quite a bit of stuff for your (our) bike extended forks covers and other bits and bobs i'll keep my eye out for yu let me know exactly what your lookin for if i see it i'll let you know
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 am

Why are you looking for a new harness, rather than modifying what you already have?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 pm

inditen wrote:
.. Can it be done for a intruder?.
yes it can i'v seen quit e a few intruders bobed while lookin on the net . agree with mr intruder change the one you have to suit or by one off ebay then you'v got one to play with
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:51 pm

You can get extended brake, clutch & throttle cables in the UK but you have no choice other than cut & extend the electrical cables. Not very difficult at all, anyone can do that as long as they are reasonably competent with the basics of electrics. Ensure they have all the electrical cable to hand, a visit to the scrap yard to pull out a couple of car wiring looms would probably be sufficient along with a few basic electrical tools .
I will be adding apes to mine at some point this year so I will do a complete step by step with pictures, from extended cables to extending wiring when I do but that won't be for a while.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I will be adding apes to mine at some point this year so I will do a complete step by step with pictures, from extended cables to extending wiring when I do but that won't be for a while.

Now that certainly will be something to look forward to, never ever seen anyone do a full write up on that subject, let alone a complete step by step with pictures.

This site and you rock Mr I wiring problem please help.... 881924
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:13 pm

I wouldn't go that far Crash but I do think that the Intruder world really is crying out for a complete A-Z walk through on the whole issue & fitment of apes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiring problem please help....   wiring problem please help.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wiring problem please help....
Page 1 of 1