Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biker boots - which for classic look

Go down 
+7
oiler
doobie
Badger
simbo
Bluesman
Bunso Steel
captain crash
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Biker boots - which for classic look Empty
PostSubject: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 am

Hi,

I've been looking around, trying to find some good looking boots but I'm not exactly spoilt for choice.

So far, these are the contenders:

NewRock 7604
Biker boots - which for classic look 18183_1200_A

NewRock MR005
Biker boots - which for classic look M_mr005-s1

Demonia Riot 12
Biker boots - which for classic look Riot-12-900x900

Demonia Disorder 303
Biker boots - which for classic look Disorder-303-bpu-900x900

Demonia Attack 10 (altohugh a bit short)
Biker boots - which for classic look Attack10ble-900x900

Demonia Gravel 14
Biker boots - which for classic look Gravel-14

Strangely, these types of boots are only found in punk/goth shops..
I really don't want any cowboy slip ons..I tried them and they suck.
As in examples above, they need to either have laces or buckles to allow for tight fit.

Do you know any other brands that do calf high biker boots in similar style?

Many thanks in advance.

Marcin
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:15 am

Hmmm they all look a bit gay/poser to me, far to much going on with them but would possibly look ok with combats?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 am

MarcinG wrote:
Strangely, these types of boots are only found in punk/goth shops..
Wow can't imagine why geek
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 am

Ouch.

Well since I wear an open face helmet with aviator googles, I guess that's already gay/poser so I might as well go for such boots to complete the look.
Just to make sure nobody has any doubts :)
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 pm

I wear the gay cowboy slip-on type with a single zip on the inside, and they were rock solid for years until the sole split from overuse. (I tended to wear them casually after I had got off the bike). Probably would have lasted even longer had they not been cheap ones. I got them for £70 off eBay so I cant complain as they did last nearly four years of constant wear.

I wore these for a while after but had to return them because one of the straps broke due to a manufacturing defect. They seemed ok otherwise but this may explain why they are on discounted sale price now.

I always thought these looked good but they were a little out of my price range at the time and they may not be tall enough for what you are looking for. I have a few bits of HELD gear though and its all been good quality stuff.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

When I wore cruiser boots my leather jeans were always riding up over the top and annoyed me a lot. Getting tall ones is a must I would think - unless you tuck them in of course (?!)... these are a cheapo option. I always go for cheapo incase I don't like them anyway!
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 pm

I have always worn the type of leathers that go on the inside of the boot. If you have nice boots on, you gotta show 'em off Biker boots - which for classic look 1886949229
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Bluesman wrote:
When I wore cruiser boots my leather jeans were always riding up over the top and annoyed me a lot. Getting tall ones is a must I would think - unless you tuck them in of course these are a cheapo option. I always go for cheapo incase I don't like them anyway!

I've got a pair of those Biker boots - which for classic look 852880 two pairs actually coz I bought size 45 first (long story) I'm gonna stick them on Ebay for £50 when I get round to it, Biker boots - which for classic look 2516569736 to stop your pants blowing up you need some jodhpur clips for horse riders (cheaper than biker ones) they're like mini braces and go under your boot to keep pants from blowing up.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Oh My God ! I'm in the "Gay Cowboy Bracket" Embarassed I like the top ones NewRock 7604 they look cool without being to goth style
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm a bit jealous of all you village people wannabes really, my little fat legs would make me look like a pair of boots with a head sticking out of the top if I wore that style Biker boots - which for classic look 2740622253

Glad you mentioned the issue with these though Joe, as I was thinking of ordering some as they don't go to high up my little stubbies.
Marcin's well timed thread has saved me a crap buy it would seem, thankfully.
Biker boots - which for classic look Media
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm

This is the usual Cruiser attire for summer isn't it ?
Biker boots - which for classic look Assless-chaps

Only coming from sportsbike's it's a complete wardrobe change.
Biker boots - which for classic look Sportbikerider
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:22 pm

I think they may be slightly cheaper on this site.

http://newrockdirect.co.uk/

I hear good reports about these .....

http://www.altberg.co.uk/category/motorcycle-boots/

Though I like my army surplus ones ... £25 Biker boots - which for classic look 215375
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:21 pm

i'm quite happy with my old austrian army winter boots, never let any water in and warm as toast
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 pm

I personally like those very high lace up Doc Martins (skinhead boots) My old cruiser boots are relegated to doing Tesco shopping now I don't have a cruiser Biker boots - which for classic look 3307848339. The main problem with trousers riding above the boots is if the rim is too wide. At least the Docs are tight to the leg. Good for kicking Harleys over too!
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Ahhh, John, I can picture you now ...... Biker boots - which for classic look 215375

Biker boots - which for classic look EltonJohn4_228x506
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Badger wrote:
Ahhh, John, I can picture you now ...... Biker boots - which for classic look 215375

Biker boots - which for classic look EltonJohn4_228x506

The very ones!Biker boots - which for classic look 3213823784 No probs with them riding up!
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 pm

NewRocks are very comfortable and I'm getting a lot of positive feedback. I tried a random pair just to get the feel for size as sometimes there are discrepancies and 10 feels like 11 etc.
They're actually spot on. I picked eu44 (our 10) and they were perfect.

The 7604 will be most likely my purchase as Badger pointed out, you can get them for around 100 quid.

I'd love to have a look at army boots but not sure where to look and which are good.

I was looking at Highway No1's so thanks a lot Bunso for the review. They're off the list.
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Suggest 'hiking boots' by ECCO. Very comfortable, waterproof, lace up fronts, cover the ankles, and I don't look like I'm following the crowd when wearing them (I like to think I can think for myself). Comfortable for all day walking on pavements too. Cost about £80.00 Available from most good shoe shops.

Biker boots - which for classic look 201110261934145985

Tried to do a photo.(That's it, above) Bloody technology's beyond me Biker boots - which for classic look 17537562
Edited by Mr Intruder to include picture from link
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Everytime I click on the link above avg antivirus say's threat detected Biker boots - which for classic look 2516569736 But Ecco are well known for making comfy boots and shoes Biker boots - which for classic look 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Bunso Steel wrote:
I wore these
for a while after but had to return them because one of the straps
broke due to a manufacturing defect.

Mr Intruder wrote:
Glad you mentioned the issue with these though Joe, as I was thinking of ordering some as they don't go to high up my little stubbies.
Marcin's well timed thread has saved me a crap buy it would seem, thankfully.
Biker boots - which for classic look Media
Hope I don't regret this but I took delivery of these today.
I was chatting to a mate at work after Joe said he had an issue with them and my mate has had his for about 8 months and he wears them everyday on his bike getting to and from work without issue.
So I thought sod it because they are so cheap and they are Getgeared's biggest seller I would take a chance.
Fingers crossed that I don't end up regretting this but I thought I would take a chance as they are very good with their returns.
Biker boots - which for classic look Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjfRO0A84MsDbfAAz-tza1jZ3yTLV8ipSbVWuNHE6f4-HhyHXO2Q

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks Mr I for dealing with my techno incompetence
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Clive I will to a video tomorrow to show the "techno incompetent " how to copy an external image, you will be shocked how easy it is. I would write it out but nothing works quite a video Biker boots - which for classic look 3498837457

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm

They look a sturdy boot, riveted and stitched at the stress points Biker boots - which for classic look 3498837457
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Looking forward. Ta ever so ! (who used to say that?) Biker boots - which for classic look 433968
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 pm

oiler wrote:
Looking forward. Ta ever so ! (who used to say that?) Biker boots - which for classic look 433968
Arthur Askey (bet your life)
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:43 am

By the sounds of it Dave, joe was just unlucky with his pair if your mate hasn't had an issue and the are getgeareds biggest seller.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 am

I hope so
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Dave,
When you take delivery it would be great to see a photo.

I wonder how far up the calf they go.
The price is really tempting.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Will do, I will post a pic in the morrow Biker boots - which for classic look 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Biker boots - which for classic look MediaHope I don't regret this but I took delivery of these today.
I was chatting to a mate at work after Joe said he had an issue with them and my mate has had his for about 8 months and he wears them everyday on his bike getting to and from work without issue.
So I thought sod it because they are so cheap and they are Getgeared's biggest seller I would take a chance.
Fingers crossed that I don't end up regretting this but I thought I would take a chance as they are very good with their returns.

I returned mine after about 2 months absolutely no problems and no questions asked. The stiching on one of the velcro straps at the back just ripped out when I was tightening it one day, so it was most likely just faulty stiching on that strap. Aside from this they were nice boots and a great price.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Good to read that you have confirmed my experience of their good returns policy Biker boots - which for classic look 3498837457

Marcin. as promised.
Biker boots - which for classic look IMG_0852
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Cheers Dave,

Much appreciated.

How are they? comfy? can you tighten them up enough so they don't feel loose? (around instep area especially)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Very comfy on bike as well as walking, tightens up very well at all points. Very pleased with them at present, however because Joe had an issue I will keep the receipt just in case. Getgeared have a very good returns policy so it might be worth buying them, trying them & returning them if not happy.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Nice boots Biker boots - which for classic look 3498837457 You never told us us about your latest mod Dave ? The lady in the engine casing mod Biker boots - which for classic look 852880 there's just no hiding on these bikes Biker boots - which for classic look 65147
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Just did Biker boots - which for classic look 1218875559
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:29 pm

simbo wrote:
Nice boots Biker boots - which for classic look 3498837457 You never told us us about your latest mod Dave ? The lady in the engine casing mod Biker boots - which for classic look 852880 there's just no hiding on these bikes Biker boots - which for classic look 65147
When
I said to her, come and take a picture of my boots, she did it straight away but I get a look that clearly indicates that she thinks I have a screw loose Biker boots - which for classic look 551160305

MarcinG wrote:
Just did Biker boots - which for classic look 1218875559
Cool, at that price its worth a punt.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
...I have a screw loose...

I thought that comes with being a biker? Biker boots - which for classic look 852880
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Must say those boots look cool
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Those boots really do look the

Biker boots - which for classic look Dogs-bollocks
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:38 pm

They certainly are Biker boots - which for classic look Bollocks
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 am

I like em to at that price
Are we starting a fan club Biker boots - which for classic look 102087026
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
...I have a screw loose...
Not so. Definitely not so. It's just that the unenlightened majority who (poor things) have NEVER ridden a 'bike, just don't understand how truly 'together' we really are
Biker boots - which for classic look 2430667360 Confused? Screw loose? NOT ME NOT US !
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

How true
I was speaking to a guy last night up in Coleville about bikes and he said he had often thought about passing his bike test but just never seemed to get around to it. I spent the next hour talking bikes and trying desperately without really realising it, to push him on in to passing his test.
Have we got a screw loose? No we are just passionate about our love of biking. When you love something as much as we do, you can't stop yourself from trying to helping others to see the light that illuminates your life.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm

I can relate to that. Sadly no one seems to be interested in bikes apart from one person that's expecting twins and simply can't afford it.
Few got superbikes but they're hardly passionate about it. No clue why.

Possibly that's the reason I can't wait for events/meetings. Finally Ill be around people that appreciate the bike, the biker and the stupid amount of hours put in to make it look perfect.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Yeah I think cruisers get a different kind of biker to most other types of bike. Cruisers demand attention and love by the bucket load
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 am

Boots arrived...wohooo
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

Well that was one "wohoo" too early.

I can't believe this shit.
On first try to put them on:
Biker boots - which for classic look Highway

So much for a bargain :7348: Biker boots - which for classic look 2046518858

:midfing: :midfing: :midfing: :midfing: Highway!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh dear send em back then, at least they are good for returns.

I always grab the top of the boots when putting boots on. I learnt years ago to my misfortune that those things are more about look than function
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

That Sucks Marcin I bet your gutted :aghh:
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Thats a real bummer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biker boots - which for classic look
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next