Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod

Go down 
+4
Mr Intruder
simbo
Bunso Steel
MarcinG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Empty
PostSubject: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Gents,

I came across some seriously cheap mod for the ehxaust that quite a few people seems to be going and I wonder if you have come across it before and what you think about it.

It looks like a step further after abe mod and would cost less than 50 quid from what I gather, giving the bike slightly louder and low sound.
I'm at work and haven't managed to find anything decent on the YTube and I'll continue looking after work.

Good sound for 50 quid is something worth taking a look compared to £300+ for aftermarkets.

Any thoughts to share?
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm

would be interested in seeing it
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 pm

I've seen it on American sites before,But I've never heard of them over here, It's basically the same as Bluesman's mod with the wire mesh and exhaust wadding, Glasspacks come within a tube which you slide up the silencer to give a deeper sound, There's a lot more to after market pipes than just sound though, Header pipes are wider and they're normally tuned for better release of gases.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler5.htm
https://www.suzuki800.com/t185-loud-deep-and-stock-stage3-c800-exhaust-mod
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 428386 With sim.
There are various cherry bomb type of mods, here are a couple in the videos below. In reality, what have they done? de-baffled, de-micked & gutted them only to turn around and re-fill them. Seems to me like some modders have too much time on there hands.

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm

My GOD! That mod by John sounds good!!!!!! affraid

How did I miss that!

That's exactly the sound I'm after...low and rumbling.

Woooooaaahhhh I'd say.

Love it love it love it...and it probably costs next to nothing.
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:21 pm

i like the sound of these guys,but it annoys everyone lol,but only seems they apply to harleys.no mention of the superb suzuki 800 .
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Harleys, "metrics", bicycles, sledges...who gives a big F.

I didn't exactly buy a shiny, chromed f'in big ass cruiser to "blend in".
A lot of noise is part of the game.
And if money was no object I'd have a fleet of HD's next to other makes.

Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 77863116
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:03 pm

fag
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Now, I'm not sure I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:18 pm

just kiding marcin
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

i find it funny how southpark take the piss out of harley riders.in my view the exhaust sound is what make me smile when i ride my bike.its a great piss take which should be taken for what it is. hope my sense of humour doesnt offend any of you loud exhaust mob out there because im one of you lol,Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 696333.you cant beat waking a small village up at 7 in the morning on a hot sunny day. especially on a sunday.Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 666713
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Seems to me like some modders have too much time on there hands.

I couldn't agree more. Some examples of over-modification on this forum but that doesn't mean we have not enjoyed ourselves in the process! I know someone who had really long pipes. He kept sawing away until they were shorties and then threw them away because he did not like the sound! Knowing when to stop is perhaps the mark of a top modder. I have seen some cruisers which quite frankly look like a dog's dinner or perform poorly and others that are spot on.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 pm

fat intruder wrote:
just kiding marcin

Not sure I appreciate that either. lol! Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 256401
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 pm

lol marcin you leg pullerCherry Bomb Glasspack mod 2879309409
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Mr Intruder wrote:
Seems to me like some modders have too much time on there hands.

I couldn't agree more. Some examples of over-modification on this forum but that doesn't mean we have not enjoyed ourselves in the process! Knowing when to stop is perhaps the mark of a top modder. I have seen some cruisers which quite frankly look like a dog's dinner or perform poorly and others that are spot on.

Paranoia is kicking in now :aghh: I'm not riding a "dog's dinner" am I Suspect
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 9:19 pm

me to simbo,but then again modding your bike,makes it yours and theres only one in the world like yours.i love modding and feel proud i turn my ideas into practice.my bike looks ten time better than i bought it.my wallet is ten times lighter lol.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Well I'd buy your bike Sim!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 pm

I think its true some modding is done for the sake of it and some is done too far and thats fine as long as the peron that did it likes it. I have read loads of mods over the internet that are total crap and would make me frown but as long as the owner is happy with it, then all power to him. Thankfully crap mods on this site are very far and few between but I have seen a couple and thought Oh my god what the hell have you done but even then I bite my lip and poke my tongue in my cheek and do my very best to find something good to say about it & the reason is simply because if they posted it then they must be proud of it & who are we to piss on their fire. My old mum always said if you have nothing good to say then don't speak and I try to abide by that.

Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:34 pm

captain crash wrote:
My old mum always said if you have nothing good to say then don't speak and I try to abide by that.

My father always said, It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot?, rather than open it and confirm the fact ! Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 3213823784 God bless his soul Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 65147
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Well I'd buy your bike Sim!

I'm not going to sell it John, But if we ever meet up ? I'll gladly swap for an hour to have a blast on the gsxr Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:39 pm

I find Site Rule Number 2 a very useful one:

2, Please do not post negative content with regards to another members motorcycle.
unless it is genuine constructive criticism

It helps keep things in control. In fact I have a look at the rules from time to time to remind me of my obligations. If any new members have not seen them - have a quick look:

https://www.suzuki800.com/t768-basic-site-rules

This site is as strong as its fundamentals - in the current form the rules are few but simple enough to follow and make things self regulating.

A nicely oiled machine, this forum, like a well serviced bike!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod   Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:00 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

» Choke plunger
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby jnsn54398 Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:32 am

» Howdy
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Philly_pa800 Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm

» VZ 800 K7
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:53 pm

» Hello
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 pm

» Hello, new to the site.
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Cyriel1980 Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm

» Hello All,
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 pm

» G’day
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm

» Hi all
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 pm

» just saying hello to this site
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby sgtruth60@gmail.com Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby M800chimp Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am

» 12inch apes
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Mbroom21 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

» Aye what's happenin'?
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby 717RedRumBob Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 am

» Handle bars rotation for comfort
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm

» Hello!
Cherry Bomb Glasspack mod Icon_minitimeby GregWidger Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password