Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auxilary fuel Tank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 am

Auxilary fuel Tank 100_1746_zps681269b4

Underneath the passenger seat is a cavity the width of the fake fender. It is a shelf that goes from a couple of inches forward of the Top of the little V door to about the length of the passenger seat. about 6 inch tall. i am thinking of adding a auxiliary fuel tank in there. I welcome any brain storming. Not sure how I would get fuel in or out to engine. Auxilary fuel Tank 1090754380
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Tex, what - 19 litres ( 5 US gallons ) not enough ?
At around 10 - 11 miles per litre ( around 42miles per US gallon ), I get around 160 miles before I even have to consider refuelling .... more than enough time in the saddle without a break. Fuel stops are a chance to stretch out / rehydrate etc to me.
I'm sorry mate, but I'm not sure how you would get the fuel to flow in to your main tank without some sort of pump ... may be a lot of messing about for a minor benefit ?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Tex, Would it not be more practical to just carry a small container of fuel? something that would slide into the space you have, then remove and pour into the tank when needed, rather than having to pump it through.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:55 am

maybe a container (tank) that fits under your seat that can hold petrol so if you run out you can fill it into your tank not the same i know but would give you a few extra miles or just get a 20 liter petrol can ( plastic orange ones) less hassle and strap it to the trike
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 am

great minds think alike (bastard) you just beet me there lol
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 am

fat intruder wrote:
great minds think alike (bastard) you just beet me there lol

Auxilary fuel Tank 3213823784 I was talking to a guy who was touring Scotland years ago, and he had one of these strapped to each fork leg just in case he ran out of fuel, Not sure of the legality of it though.
Auxilary fuel Tank Aluminiumbottle_zps924000b9
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 am

if it takes petrol and fits on the bike why not not sure about forks though if you droped the bike you could end up lookin like ghost rider going down the road haha hehe lol
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 pm

I only get about 32 mph The trike catches more wind and more tires on the ground. For some reason it doesn't seem to get all the last gallon. On the ride last week at 100 miles the gage was blinking it isn't normally a problem. I bought a 1 gal can but that little trunk is worthless. Who ever designed that needs to be fired. I found a little can for saddle bags on eBay but they sell for $35. I just would like a little insurance riding he mountains in May. If I can find a can that want leak that will fit into that little door and slide in the corner of the trunk is really the answer.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 am

I know what you mean about blinking light Tex, Once I get down to one block on the fuel gauge, mine does 20 to 30 miles max before it starts spluttering from fuel starvation Auxilary fuel Tank 249703 I've not run out yet, but I've had some hairy moments affraid The SV I had was piss poor on fuel, 110 mile tank range riding steady, easily cut down to 80 with an over ambitious wrist, the amount of times I had to google the nearest petrol station on that bike was untrue Auxilary fuel Tank 512357 Pushing it wasn't much fun either Auxilary fuel Tank 4131452259
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 am

Sim mine is the same. Seems to use a lot more at 70 than 65. Also for the first time last week I used 87 with fuel treatment instead of 91. I think it made a lot of difference. plus we were riding 70 plus. sometimes when it has been down on the next to last block for a while, when i take a sharp turn it will flame out until it gets straight and picks up fuel again. I will probably be ok on the ride. Just thinking ahead.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 pm

As you are using a lower octane with fuel treatment, what kind of fuel treatment?
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/LUCAS-OIL-ETHANOL-FUEL-CONDITIONER

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/LUCAS-OIL-FUEL-TREATMENT

I usually run 91 and treatment I get mine at Walmart.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm

So is that stuff just a stabilizer and cleaner?
I understand how that works for keeping fuel good when it is being left for a long time and to help clean out the injectors which we should all do. So is your bike not running better because it has had a clean out rather than dropping the octane?
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Dropping the octane seems to drop my mileage. I normally run 91.have since it was new. I think one reason I used more fuel last week was a combination of riding a little faster and 87 octane. I have made that trip several times. one of our favorite places to eat. I will go back to 91 and see what it does.I usually run about 1/2 oz of the upper lube and injector cleaner per fill up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auxilary fuel Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auxilary fuel Tank   Auxilary fuel Tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auxilary fuel Tank
Page 1 of 1