Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fast flashing indicator

Go down 
+3
Ian800
Mr Intruder
simbo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bikerdave
bikerdave

fast flashing indicator Empty
PostSubject: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Tinkering with my bike tonight and noticed that the indicators i fitted on the front the right hand side is flashing extra fast. Changed them over and it is still doing it. They are not LED and all connections look good so don't know why this is happening. Any ideas ?.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Not a bulb gone in the rear same side or loose connection?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 am

Is it the correct bulb?
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 am

Bulb size is correct and all indicators are working. Will check connections again tonight. Used the original push in connectors. Maybe will change this for a bullet connection and see if this makes any difference.
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:12 am

I had similar symptoms a while back.  It turned out to be a dirty connector to the rear loom under the seat
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Cheers Ian. Will have a look at the weekend and see if that cures it.
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:16 am

Tried your suggestion Ian but all seems ok there. Booked it in at local shop to get it checked out next weekend as away on my hols so I don't miss out on riding time.
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:41 am

It'll turn out to be a bad earth somewhere most likely. Have a great holiday and hopefully it'll all be fixed when you get back.
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Got same prob. Fitted new. Bullets on rear, now got fast flashing. Did you find out what it was?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:06 pm

stone wrote:
Got same prob. Fitted new. Bullets on rear, now got fast flashing. Did you find out what it was?

Are yours LED Stone?
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Yes. I assume thats the problem?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah, resistors sort it apparently.
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 pm

resistors????? How do I go about that?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 pm

I've no idea Stone I'm dog shit with electrics  :what1: , it's something to do with reducing the current to slow down the flash rate I think? There's loads of them on eBay cheap as chips, but I'm not sure which ones are suitable for your indicators, I'm sure someone with electrical knowledge will chip in.
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 pm

When I was a lad flashers worked on a bimetallic strip priciple...current flows through it..heats it up and it bends and opens the circuit, current stops..it cools down and bends back and closes the cct. and so it goes on.
My understanding is that LED's dont draw enough current to operate the flasher...so add a resistor in parallel with the LED to provide another route for current and hey presto the flasher works !

Afraid I dont know what size resistor (measued in OHMS ) is needed but it has to be the right resistance to draw the correct current.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:18 pm

yorky wrote:
When I was a lad flashers worked on a bimetallic strip priciple...current flows through it..heats it up and it bends and opens the circuit, current stops..it cools down and bends back and closes the cct. and so it goes on.
My understanding is that LED's dont draw enough current to operate the flasher...so add a resistor in parallel with the LED to provide another route for current and hey presto the flasher works !

Afraid I dont know what size resistor (measued in OHMS ) is needed but it has to be the right resistance to draw the correct current.

Yes, That's exactly what I thought! I think?  fast flashing indicator 852880
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:14 am

Bit of trial and error me thinks
Back to top Go down
DaveK
DaveK

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:17 pm

stone try this fast flashing indicator 3498837457

Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Cheers Dave. Just got to identify which resistor i need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fast flashing indicator   fast flashing indicator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fast flashing indicator
Page 1 of 1