Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where is the flasher relay located?

Go down 
+3
Mr Intruder
alfie92
AmericanJambo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

Where is the flasher relay located? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Does anyone know where the turn signal flasher relay is located on the Marauder 800? Additionally, does anyone know how many pins it uses? And finally, do they make a direct replacement flasher? I want to swap out the flasher relay so I doesn't have to use load resistors. The load resistors make my signals much dimmer. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Maintanance & Bike Care Section Hi Jambo have you looked in here.Sorry can't be of any more help.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Wish I could be of more help for your model. so far all I have worked out is the part # of the original 38610-03F00 This may help in position location.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Wouldn't it blow the bulbs without a load resistor?
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:35 am

No, not using resistors won't blow out the bulbs because bulbs are incandescent and already have a load. Now LEDs have a much lower resistance than traditional bulbs, this is why they blink fast and require a load resistor so the flasher relay doesn't think the bulb is blown. The load resistor is wired in parallel, not series so it doesn't reduce the voltage to the LEDs, it just increases the load that the flasher relay sees which allows them to flash at the proper rate.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Very good explanation Jambo.
Back to top Go down
twenty2
twenty2

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Dont know if the location of the relay is the same  on your model that it is on mine, 1998.
My realy is located behind the left side cover.

Yes there is a relay that works with led lights. Bought min on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-7-PIN-OEM-LED-Indicator-RELAY-WRELED05-/281115521189?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4173ca70a5
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks 22! I'm sure the electrical system is the same in the 98 as the the 00. I bel
 ieve the only real difference is the routing of the exhausr pipes. So when you say left side cover, are you speaking of the left side neck cover?
Back to top Go down
twenty2
twenty2

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:49 am

I ment the cover tjat is under the seat, begrunda the one om the left side there is relays, fusea and some connectirs. 

When you say neck cover you ment the ones in front?
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:57 am

Got ya! I understand. I forgot there were fuses under there! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
twenty2
twenty2

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:03 am

No probs.
Hope you get it the way you want it.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Yep, I found it. 7 pin design.
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 7:39 pm

lending this old thred......anyone know where it is on a m800 -2005 ?? guessing on the right side but there alot of simular things there :(
pic whould be great :)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Under the rear Chrome cover on the left side of the bike.
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 8:39 pm

thanx for fast reply :)
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm

is it hard to mount a 3way relay if the standard is 7 pins???anyone done that?
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 am

stripped the left side. what part is it?? Where is the flasher relay located? 23mvd3o" />
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:05 pm

It's the black cube on the right, you can check it has 7 pins, when you unplug it (just pull it out).

I recommend you to download service manual from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7xtfbz5dzmbycul

and at page 9-35 there is also a picture, and more information about  the flasher relay.
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 pm

many thanx Kardax :)
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 pm

22Reed wrote:
is it hard to mount a 3way relay if the standard is 7 pins???anyone done that?

Can I ask, why would you want that? Let me guess, you would like to use led bulbs, right? and yes, they blink too fast with the original relay, since to work correctly it requires different load, than led bulbs.

I'm planning myself to change all my indicator bulbs to leds, and for that I already bought a replacement 7-pin relay for Suzuki that I can use for both filament and led bulbs, or even mixing them. At least here in Finland the 7-pin replacement relays for Suzuki bikes are widely available, pricing around 15 euros, like this one (if you are looking for it in Sweden?)

http://ebutik.nccr.se/belysning/blinkers/rela-motstand/blinkers-rela-7-stift-suzuki-12v-005a-10a

I would assume, you can find those from many motorcycle stores...We already did this to my brother's Suzuki Katana, and it really was the easiest way possible to start using led signals.
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 am

I only woundered if it was hard to do :) the 3 pin relay is 4.9eur and the suzuki 7pin is 30eur.

so I ordered the 7 pin from china :) and some new mirrors with leds in them. way too cheap :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the flasher relay located?   Where is the flasher relay located? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the flasher relay located?
Page 1 of 1