Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted

Go down 
+3
captain crash
MarcinG
simbo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Empty
PostSubject: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Fitted the new second hand pipes, Vance & Hines Straight shots, I like the look Very Happy , I'm not sure on the sound yet though :what1:  I did a short video of the sound using my phone, but it's crap! any idea's how to do a better one please.

Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted StraightShots2_zps1fbd9451

Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted StraightShots_zps535477ab
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:17 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

How could you rid of Propipe...the most badass of the pipes :P

As for the video mate, first thing to massively improve the quality of it is to record it away from garage/walls/etc.... echo kills it. When you're revving it sounds like someone's trying to fire up a petrol lawnmover Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted 852880  that's because the sound bounces off everything around.

Also, where you placed the camera, you'll always suffer from audio cutting out tones to compensate for increased noise when you rev (I did that mistake on my videos)... placing the camera a bit to the side will improve it.

Get her out in the open and record again.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Second attempt lol sideways on now! sounds more realistic though.
I'll do a proper one tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Must be truthful here and say that I love the look of straight shots but I always think that straight through pipes sound shit, they are too raspy for my liking
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:52 pm

They look very nice, first dibs on the pro pipes lol!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:04 pm

3rd time lucky! Ah that's better, I'm upright and the sounds quite good Very Happy I took the baffles out and removed the wadding, They were way to quiet for my liking!, without the baffles they're loud! and quite a nice sound, but it would be to much over any sort of distance I think. I could be imagining it? The bike seemed more torquey low down, but had less get up and go at higher revs compared to the Pro Pipe.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Superb sound mate, music to my ears Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted 1111147277
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Sounds great to me. Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted 276246
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:40 pm

I liked your other exhaust but nothing wrong with the new ones Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted 3005623951
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Look neat them Simbo,are they much lighter than your pro pipe?.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:53 pm

There's not much in weight difference Alfie, If any? I'd say the Pro Pipe was slightly lighter.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Same as mine but I've got Vortex hot tips on mine too. Here's a video from a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Rattler wrote:
Same as mine but I've got Vortex hot tips on mine too.
They sound very nice! I take it your running them without baffles? I took all the packing off the baffles but they don't sound as loud as that that, I did try them without baffles but never went for a spin.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Yeah the baffles were removed when I had them fitted. I've no idea what they sound like with baffles lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted   Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vance & Hines Straight shots, fitted
Page 1 of 1