Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years

Go down 
+10
doobie
peardrop3
a4ebh
pinkpanther
captain crash
Twojobmick
alfie92
simbo
Bunso Steel
NotesNut
14 posters
AuthorMessage
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 am

Hi y'all.

I've been running an '83 Katana 1100 which I bought in '86.  Recently, I've been thinking that it's maybe time for a change.  My mind was made up when the Kat went up in flames a couple of months back.  She's going to be off the road till next year, so this was the perfect excuse to look around.  

The idea was to find a cruiser to bob & I picked up a lovely 2001, black/white Volusia with 16,000 miles on the clock, for the right price.  When I got it home & started to look at what was staying & what was going to be junked, I decided that for the time being, I liked it just as it was (minus the horrible engine bars & pillion seat).  So a good clean up later - (those horrible tank badges just had to go as well ) - a couple of hundred "getting used to it" miles, & I'm loving biking again for the first time in a few years.  Hardest part is remembering that I don't need to try & overtake everything in front of me, but to sit back & enjoy the ride.

I've decided that it's staying as it is - apart from a pair of Whitewalls, maybe get the wheels powder coated (they're a bit tatty), relocate the number plate to the side, re-jet the carbs (it has straight thru pipes, fantastic sound - need setting up), remove the PAIR valve set-up, replace the standard bars with flat/drag bars in black - but apart from that, it's staying as it is! 

All the bets to you all - Dave
Back to top Go down
NotesNut
NotesNut

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 304308752 

Sounds like a good plan - although I am doing the opposite with the bars in mu case. I want to be sitting a tad more upright - so looking for a decent bars with a better pull back....

If you have a pic - would be nice to do a before and after.....

G
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Welcome to the site! Shame about the Katana - I think they were such awesome looking bikes.
I'm sure you will love working on the intruder though!
Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 2610028573
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi Dave Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 936075699  Sounds like you've got a good vision for the bike Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 1530558013 Dave
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Dave, I'm not far from you in Ilkeston mate, and I also have just purchased a 2001 in black and white !!! mine has all the extra's though i.e screen, spots crome covers etc etc.....thinking of white walls too !!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi - well I've just tried to post a couple of photos as a "before & after" but apparently I can't post external links for seven days - so I'll have another go next week.

Jim - probably closer than you realise.  I'm at the top of Toton Lane in Stapleford.  Have to meet up sometime & compare chrome!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Sound like a plan mate, I was thinking of popping over to stabbo tonight as there's a good band playing at the Pavillion.

Jim.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 1530558013 katsd .... If you're dumping the engine bars and they're any good, I'm after a set  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome my friend sounds like you have a bit of good visioin
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi Jim - is The Pavillion still standing - don't think I've been in there since '90, usually head for Horse & Jokey.  Give us a shout & we'll meet up.

Twojobmick - the bars are off & look OK to me.  If you want, I can send you a snap of them.

Soon as I can, I'll post a snap - any suggestions welcome.
Back to top Go down
pinkpanther
pinkpanther

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:13 am

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 1530558013
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Katsd,

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 304308752 

Keep it shiney side up
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:54 pm

katsd I'm in Derby myself if thats near you also for advice or such plus I'm an ex honda rider & have a Velo also. Been riding since before i was born mate lol! Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 2610028573
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 1530558013
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi Peter 

Thanks for the offer - I'm going to be picking everybodies collectiove brains over the next few weeks.  The 800 is so different from everything I've had before & I'm a bit unsure at the mo.  So please be patient with a newbie!!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 am

katsd wrote:
Twojobmick - the bars are off & look OK to me. If you want, I can send you a snap of them.
 Yes please mate ..... what are you after for them ?
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Hiya Twobob, not sure what the protocol is for this sort of thing - I assume that using a private message is the correct way?  At the moment, I don't have access to that facility, so unless anyone can tell me what I should do without breaking forum rules, I'm a bit stuck.

The bars are two separate pieces instead of one loop.

No idea on price, I'll have a good look later as I'm off work for a couple of days now
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 am

katsd wrote:
Hiya Twobob, not sure what the protocol is for this sort of thing - I assume that using a private message is the correct way?
You can either PM me ( when you're enabled ) or my phone number is 07506 042799 if you want to text / photo message me mate. Your choice
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:26 pm

OK - I'm going to run them through the bench polisher tomorrow & see how they come out.  Then I'll try & send photo to your phone.
Back to top Go down
locoskullz
locoskullz

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:50 am

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 1530558013 Sounds awesome! I also would like to see some before and after pics, Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years 1530558013 katsd
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Tine to get some pics up me reckons katsd !!!!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi Jim - pics have been posted but Mr Intruder moved them over to the gallery page.  Mines going in the opposite direction to yours - just deciding what's coming off next.  Disabled the PAIR valve last week which has killed the backfire on over-run, just ordered the full removal kei from Mocc.  Discussing with my tool man about cutting the pipes level, probably around the axle line & then slash cutting them.  Still toying with losing the big fenders & going for the full stripped-down look.  I'll have to take a ride over & have a look at yours sometime - I came back from Alfreton through the top of Ilkeston yesterday, you'll have to let me know where you are
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 am

Hi mate,
Just catching up with this post again, yeah defo on a meet up mate, be a nice comparison with mine as the bad cop bike and yours with the strip down look !!!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi Jim

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - things have been a bit hectic.  Concerts, bike show, my 50th birthday party etc.  Starting work on the back end soon, finished early next year, we'll make a date then.  All the best
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 am

Glad you have re surfaced mate, no worries mate we will catch up at some point.

Cheers,

Jim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years   Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Nottingham - time for a change after 27 years
Page 1 of 1