Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BloodyAdditional blinkers!

Go down 
+2
fat intruder
coffeescoffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

BloodyAdditional blinkers! Empty
PostSubject: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:46 am

I got some led blinkers from my local shop, and installed them on my hand guards so I can see them. They are in addition to the normal blinkers, but don't dazzle my eyes. It was a bit tricky finding a spot to mount them were I could see them and they didn't interfere with my view of anything as well as look too much like a 'pimple on a pumpkin'. I think I was successful. The right one was the most problematic.

The view of the front with blinkers off (there but not bright).
BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0324

The view from the seat area.
BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0325
Blinkers on.
BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0330
BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0334
Finally from seat area.
Right.
BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0348
Left.

BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0338
View of the right one is better when in riding position.
The bleeper bleeping thing is still there but not connected as I want to see how I go without the annoying sound.
 This is his best side.
BloodyAdditional blinkers! IMG_0289
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:12 pm

good little mod

where's your write up you naughty man BloodyAdditional blinkers! 512357 lol (step by step)
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Great mod done, anything that can remind you of the blinkers is a good thing BloodyAdditional blinkers! 184121345
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 pm

couldn't agree more kept leaving mine on today for some reason
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Well done Chris,always good to see mods.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Good mod and one I should do BloodyAdditional blinkers! 3498837457 I've got into a habit of pressing the indicator cancel button on a regular basis, Only thing is? I'm pressing it every hundred yards! even when I haven't turned a corner BloodyAdditional blinkers! 474255 My thumb is becoming sore BloodyAdditional blinkers! 4160623885
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 pm

The installation is quite simple. Just find the wires to the front blinkers and tap into them with the wires from the new blinker. Every has their bike set up a bit different so the actual spot for installing them would be different for every one. My Storm hand-guards fortunately had a nice little spot to install them on.
p.s. Can't be a naughty boy as I am not a boy (or even a man)BloodyAdditional blinkers! 50610
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 pm

coffeescoffer wrote:
p.s. Can't be a naughty boy as I am not a boy (or even a man)BloodyAdditional blinkers! 50610
BloodyAdditional blinkers! 249703 your an alien from another being BloodyAdditional blinkers! 249703
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Simbo, that's the way it feels some times. I have been riding for more than 40 years and have done a mechanics course. At first people thought I was so strange I could have been an alien, now a lot more females are riding and  tinkering so I don't always get met with gasps of surprise when a guy realizes I am female. My husband doesn't ride and has never worried about it, to him it's natural that I would. I find it hard to comprehend people who don't ride BloodyAdditional blinkers! 53847
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 pm

BloodyAdditional blinkers! 65147 It doesn't matter what sex you are or what planet your from! If you ride motorcycle's (any make or model) you get my respect BloodyAdditional blinkers! 3005623951 Just out of interest Chris? WTF is a Bender,fold-up;Treddles a blue 20" :what1:
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Bender is a fold up push bike (silver and named after Bender the drunken, silver bending robot) and Treddles is a blue, 20" bmx push bike.A 'treddley' is slang for a push bike  here. Bender cost $40AU and Treddles 0$ and both were resuscitated by me. I would rather resus something with two wheels and a motor, but the bank manager (hubby) says things are too tight  at the mo.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 pm

coffeescoffer wrote:
but the bank manager (hubby) says things are too tight  at the mo.
Ha Ha The thinking man BloodyAdditional blinkers! 3498837457 Although I'd love to spend a fortune on bikes, There's always a secondary part of my brain saying Nooo! BloodyAdditional blinkers! 394313 Give him my best wishes and respect for allowing you to follow your passion for bikes BloodyAdditional blinkers! 65147
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 pm

oop's sorry my mistake luv
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 am

Fat Intruder, "no worries deary".
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 am

hahahahahaha BloodyAdditional blinkers! 3005623951 ride safe mate
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Chris just been looking at your mod again,I may be wrong but it seems you have the reminders showing to the forward traffic and not yourself,if this is wrong I apoligise    A link to check out. In sight indicator repeaters .
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 pm

BloodyAdditional blinkers! 3213823784 Man did you guys step in it.  BloodyAdditional blinkers! 2740622253  Hi from Texas Chris
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:40 am

The repeaters show both ways as planned. The right side one is a little hard to see from were I had the camera, but from the riding position it is clearly visible.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am

Good job done then Chris, well done on this life saver mod.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Cheers for clearing that up Chris BloodyAdditional blinkers! 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Nice job Chris. I put some on my Trike. Different type but same idea. I will get some pictures done. Much much safer ride.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:57 pm

That will be good TEx, we have a few different ideas on how to do it on here now. Everyone of them is great but slightly different and they all give members their own ideas BloodyAdditional blinkers! 184121345 
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I think this mod is a very personal one, as it depends so much on what will work for you and what you feel comfortable with.
I started with the noisy one and that annoyed me but I liked the noise effect when I was at the rear of a queue at the lights, but found it annoying if I was first in line and had a good while to wait. On top of that at speed I could not hear it so passing on passing lanes is the time I would forget to switch them off. I looked for a sender so I could have my wireless head set paired with it and the noise would be restricted to my ears only. Couldn't find one and had second thoughts on that as it had no added safety factor. Then as I was browsing in the local bike shop I saw these led blinkers, cheap and small and had the thought that two sets shining at the front would be an added safety factor and I could mount them so I could see them. So I got them and played around with position for them until I got what you see. I have the noisy thing still and am thinking of setting them up with a switch so I can switch the noise off when it's not needed but still have it for those last in line situations.Very Happy Maybe I just have too much time and think too much BloodyAdditional blinkers! 256401
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 pm

BloodyAdditional blinkers! 428386 BloodyAdditional blinkers! 2170595768  Great job Chris. I like the look. All bike should come  with more visible warnings from their engineers. That little one on speedo. might as well be on the back fender. I might see it more.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Well explained Chris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BloodyAdditional blinkers!   BloodyAdditional blinkers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BloodyAdditional blinkers!
Page 1 of 1