Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Empty
PostSubject: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 am

So I finally sourced a non standard exhaust and it'll be here at some point this week.

Is there a step by step guide to removing the standard pipes somewhere?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:10 am

Yeah...I've done a video on exhaust swap. Link to my youtube account in my signature.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Quick Question. I don't use the stock gaskets with the new pipe?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Depends on the condition of your stock gasket I guess... I re-used mine several times before changing.
The ones on video are from wemotowebsite... and I used these few times as well and they hold OK.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Watched on a bit, I think I do use the Stock Gaskets
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Yep I would just reuse the stock gaskets as Marcin suggests and replace only if required, as cheap as they are at the Wemotowebsite is cash is often better spent only when its needed to be & this is not a make or brake situation by any means.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Well. They are test fitted. Finding it hard to get them tight on at the minute. Might have to take it to a local mechanic and throw him £20 just to get it tight.

LOUD is the word. Anyone else got these? They are LOUD. lol
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Is there a way of checking its tight enough? Fairy liquid around the gasket are or something?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:19 pm

No mate...fire up the bike...if you got smoke coming from the gasket area - not tight enough...
no smoke - you're good.
Be careful not to overtighten the bolts - as in knacker them in the process... I normally tighten them up to first few metallic squeals and leave it there... check for smoke and ride, ride, ride and grin as hell :)

And congratulations on loudness :)
Of course they are...everything is loud compared to stock Wink
Just wait until you meet up with us...then we'll compare the "loud" lol
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:44 pm

LOL, I'm not sure if I'm proud or embarrassed as to how loud they actually are yet. There may have to be baffles inserted, I haven't looked, but I'm guessing there are none there. Its pissing down so I haven't got Suzzy out yet

Can't see any smoke but I know for a fact the awkward bolt on the front pipe is not tight enough
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:16 pm

The plates the bolts to through will not touch flat on the cylinders, if that's what you're trying to achieve. I got a gap too.

It's almost like I'm hearing myself few months ago hahaha... a mix of happy and concerned that I'm doing too much noise lol
All I can say...you'll get over it haha :P
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:36 pm

OK according so my decibel app its peaking at 112
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Sounds right to me :)

You'll know if it suits you after 20 mile ride at full blast... 

Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation 70380235
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Aye too loud for me. The backfire is ridiculous. You do get some looks though!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:21 pm

At least you may get invited to a jaming session or be able to busk for your supper Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation 3213823784 
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Here is the backfire "problem"

Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:08 pm

No mate you gotta keep them......they are mint !!!! you will be letting it roll on the over run on purpose at night time to show off the flames !!!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Brraaappp bbrraaappp!!!  Bloody awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:27 pm

WOW! That looks awsome! I could do with some of those for burning the paint of the coal shed door Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 pm

I think I might blow up a petrol station if I need to fill up
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

In all seriousness is there an easy "quick fire" (no pun intended) way to stop the backfire? This is coming from someone who has no idea about engines btw.

Heading down to a *cough* Harley event tomorrow just to see how loud these really are.

Something like, turning a screw would be nice.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Man that is great just wish I could find the thread that says how to block up the pipe at eaither end which will stop that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation   Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highway Hawk Turndowns Installation
Page 1 of 1