Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Been thinking about an idea for a new flag pole for my bike. What I was thinking was to fit a car whip aerial or CB type of whip aerial an then putting two of the Suzuki800 embroidered patches on it. I have two that have been sawn back to back for use at an earlier time as a attachment to my bike. Should be reasonably cheap to do and a whip type of aerial would sit nicely at the rear of the bike, either on the rear mudguard or on a rack. Obviously not to whippy but I am sure you get the idea, so before I do it, What do you think?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 pm

I liked the one you had before, It looked cool at the ride of respect Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? 3498837457 I think the longer you go with the pole the larger the flag would need to be?
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Great idea Dave!!! I had been thinking exactly the same before the french trip and then just ran out of time. Let us know if you find a good source of the aerials...
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I never saw the one that Sim is on about that you had Dave but I like the whip being used as it reminds me of the ones they have on Lambrettas. Very cool looking Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? 184121345 
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:15 am

Yes Sim I thought that one used on the Normandy trip was fine as well. I am just a guy that likes trying out new stuff & if I can do it cheap and it looks good then fine, if not not a problem.
Good point crash, I wondered what had put the whip aerial idea in my mind and I think it's what you are saying. It's just got to look good on a cruiser instead which might not be so easy to do, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 11:56 am

so before I do it, What do you think? wrote:
Was looking at this with interest and thougt about other vehs fitted with flag poles.......
After a bit of thought and a sore head.....it came to me Limmos. Had a look on tenterweb and found these people. Not sure if its the way you want to go, but give you a few more options.

http://www.flagpoles.se/Magnetic_diplomat_car_flag_pole.htm
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks for that Arron, if nothing else these sites give me more idea's on possibility. The ordering from that site is not as easy as it could be & the postage for everything other than a flag itself is disgusting.
To be fair though I now have other ways that I could do it floating around in my head now. Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? 3498837457 Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? 3005623951
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Flippin eck 25 Euro for postage Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? 249703  at least the site gave you some more ideas Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? 184121345 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?   Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle Flag Pole,,,,,, New Idea so What do You Think?
Page 1 of 1