Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom switcch gear

Go down 
+3
simbo
azcam
MarcinG
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Custom switcch gear Empty
PostSubject: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:11 pm

I was thinking today that once I get the custom handlebar and install it...the stock clutch/brake assembly will look absolute pants on it.

Did you see/hear/found any place that does/sells custom ones? And I don't mean just the levers...everything.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Marcin look at this site to give you a idea were to start.

http://www.delta-custom-bikes.de/sites/delta_plus/Kits_Parts/ind_frameset_E.html
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:47 pm

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 pm

MarcinG wrote:
BLOODY HELL!!!!!!  Custom switcch gear Affraid  Custom switcch gear Affraid  Custom switcch gear Affraid  Custom switcch gear Affraid  Custom switcch gear Affraid  Custom switcch gear Affraid

You found more rust???  Custom switcch gear 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Yeah in his bank account, as he just spotted the prices at Delta.  Custom switcch gear 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Yeah in his bank account, as he just spotted the prices at Delta.  Custom switcch gear 852880

Custom switcch gear 2740622253  Sorry Marcin  Custom switcch gear 804997 Drifting again  Custom switcch gear 474255  What about the chrome covers for the switch housings and then something like these, Loads on ebay of various prices and styles
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Chrome-1-Motorcycle-Handlebar-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Clutch-Lever-/281238360911?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item417b1cd34f

Custom switcch gear $_12
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Oh yes, now I like them & boy are they cheap.  Custom switcch gear 3498837457
At that price and a designer brake cover thrown in as well.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:

That too  Custom switcch gear 215375 

Quote :
What about the chrome covers for the switch housings and then something like these, Loads on ebay of various prices and styles
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Chrome-1-Motorcycle-Handlebar-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Clutch-Lever-/281238360911?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item417b1cd34f

What a find Sim, many thanks!
They look really nice and for 30 quid...who is there to argue!

edit: Hong Kong...who else lol
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:08 pm

It's a strange one though...is it just the angle or is the fluid level window bang on in the way of handlebar so once installed you'll see just part of it.

I also can't work out if it's far out enough (the cylinder) to accommodate bar increase from 1" to 1,25"

Anyone with eyes not as tired as mine? :)
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hmmmm 1.25" I'd forgot your bars are thicker than stock  Custom switcch gear 474255  Probably best doing a HD search for them then, More options with 1.25" bars.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm

no no, you were right....switchgear area is 1" thick... it will extend though to 1,25 just after clutch/brake mounts.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:25 pm

I wouldn't worry about how visible the window is. The only time I look at mine is while servicing the bike to ensure it is OK, other than that I never deliberately look at it. I am sure it will be suitable for the bike & the possible viewable angle that you may need to easily see the fluid level should not put you off.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm

I'd agree with you Dave as over the years I've noticed quite a few viewing windows on the master cylinder that are obscured by the bars etc but if you look carefully you can get a good idea of the level of fluid is when the bike is on the stand/sidestand.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:59 pm

true...can't remember the last time I checked that actually :/

point taken!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Looking at the pictures though Marcin & considering pacifically the viewing window.  Even with the fractionally wider circumference beyond the grips area of your intended apes, you should still have an acceptable view of the window.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 pm

top it up with chrome switch housings are it looks business..

cash stacks up though so what I will also do is enquire locally how much it would cost to get the set I got chrome plated....might work out much cheaper.. just thinking outside the box a bit.
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:21 pm

simbo wrote:
Mr Intruder wrote:

Custom switcch gear 2740622253  Sorry Marcin  Custom switcch gear 804997 Drifting again  Custom switcch gear 474255  What about the chrome covers for the switch housings and then something like these, Loads on ebay of various prices and styles

Custom switcch gear $_12
Be careful if ordering these.... specially from china... their "standard" post offers no tracking and takes months.  I ordered a hazard button from there and they were shipped with free shipping... Ordered it back in October and still haven't received it.  Contacted seller and was told that they would send a second and if I wanted it tracked that I would have to pay an extra $6 USD (for a $3.00 USD button)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:28 pm

I know there are some examples to be had of people receiving cheap items from china that they have been happy with. My personal experience is not good, I paid the cash and received nothing, not even communication. I will not order from any Chinese supplier again, that does mean I would not buy Chinese items from UK suppliers.
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Oh definitely, not trashing the productivity of the Chinese or the pricing... in fact I find that most items for Suzuki's are mainly from there... it's only the shipping and consumer relations they have that I don't agree with...

I Agree with you Mr. Intruder... if I'm able to find a seller for the same item (& price) from either the America's or UK (always have had good dealing with you guys specially with my kilt gear) then I'm game... considering I get a tracking number that works lol..
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:56 pm

One way of getting an idea of there worth or not is to check there feedback as a seller and see how much of it is from english speaking people. Dont mean you will actually get it but gives you an idea of their trustworthiness as a seller. don't mean a lot but worth a look. Also check all there bad feedbacks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom switcch gear   Custom switcch gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom switcch gear
Page 1 of 1