Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

C800 Pipe Question

Go down 
+4
captain crash
Mr Intruder
pledge
Bluesman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 am

Been speaking to Mike at Cusom Cruisers about getting Hard Krome 3" pipes. He says as long as lambda sensors are fitted (bosses come with the pipes for a bit extra cost) the pipes will run great without installing a fuel processor and he fits loads. I spoke to Thunder Road who say they have fitted Vance and Hines to the C800 without a fuel processor. I am not modifying the air intake. Anyone here think any different ? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 am

I did put V&N cruzers on my bike seemed to run fine some backfiring then I had a powercommander fitted and what differance smoothed everything out.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:10 am

As you are aware there are more opinions on this than you can point a stick at from riders and shops alike, so good luck on deciding what to believe & go with.

Some say that the bikes own computer will work it out no matter what you do & some don't.
Some say that the bikes own pc can be updated to run it all fine no matter what cahnges are made and some don't & that includes riders and shops alike
Some say that if you only modify or change the air intake it will be ok and Some don't
Some say that if you only modify or change the exhuast it will be fine & some don't
Some say that you havte to fit a fuel injection module and some don't. i have just had a quick look at mine and it had made over 100 adjustments to air and fuel intake over the entire map

Part of the problem on the newer models is because it has fuel injection and we are all used to our cars taking whatever modification we throw at it and dealing with it but cars gave a lot of sensors. The bike is not a car and only has a small number of sensors to deal with fuel air intake & flow.
Part of the problem is that we all want to be right and the fact of the matter is that we can't be. The list of some says and my dealer said is never ending and most people
that have it one way or another will swear that the way they have done
it is the right way, so which one is right because they cant all be
right.

We need to remember that these bikes run lean straight out of the
factory so as long as we have faith that the bikes own pc can make the
necessary changes that all is good.
I would however add that there is a hell of a lot of people out there which is probably the biggest group of opinions, that the bike is fine if only the exhuast is changed and no change is made to the air intake.

Over to you blues, good luck in your decision, I am sure your way will be the right way C800 Pipe Question 2740622253

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 am

Mr Intruder wrote:
As you are aware there are more opinions on this than you can point a stick at from riders and shops alike, so good luck on deciding what to believe & go with.

Some say that the bikes own computer will work it out no matter what you do & some don't.
Some say that the bikes own pc can be updated to run it all fine no matter what cahnges are made and some don't & that includes riders and shops alike
Some say that if you only modify or change the air intake it will be ok and Some don't
Some say that if you only modify or change the exhuast it will be fine & some don't
Some say that you havte to fit a fuel injection module and some don't. i have just had a quick look at mine and it had made over 100 adjustments to air and fuel intake over the entire map

Part of the problem on the newer models is because it has fuel injection and we are all used to our cars taking whatever modification we throw at it and dealing with it. The bike is not a car and only has a small number of sensors to deal with fuel air intake & flow where as the bike has a couple of sensors.
Part of the problem is that we all want to be right and the fact of the matter is that we can't be. The list of some says and my dealer said is never ending and most people
that have it one way or another will swear that the way they have done
it is the right way, so which one is right because they cant all be
right.

We need to remember that these bikes run lean straight out of the
factory so as long as we have faith that the bikes own pc can make the
necessary changes that all is good.
I would however add that there is a hell of a lot of people out there which is probably the biggest group of opinions, that the bike is fine if only the exhuast is changed and no change is made to the air intake.

Over to you blues, good luck in your decision, I am sure your way will be the right way C800 Pipe Question 2740622253

Thanks that has helped a lot. I think I'll go ahead and order. I'm pretty excited! Will post when they are on.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:50 am

pledge wrote:
I did put V&N cruzers on my bike seemed to run fine some backfiring then I had a powercommander fitted and what differance smoothed everything out.

Ok - if I fit and it needs improving then I will take it from there - thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Bluesman wrote:
pledge wrote:

Ok - if I fit and it needs improving then I will take it from there - thanks for your reply.

Your're welcome, I think what you are going to do is the best way to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:05 pm

if you get a bit of pop and backfire then you could remove the pair valve or simply plug the vacume lead with a golf to and carru on. Happy days.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:09 pm

I would have to say from what I have read as well that you will be ok with pipes only, hell man you almost there with your gutted pipes already

Those pipes have got a bit of a bark to them under load but aint to bad when plodding C800 Pipe Question 973941
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Same as mine & most after market pipes, generaly better flow means more noise.
Thats why all the kids piss about with their moped exhuasts because they think that it is as simple as more noise equates to more power. wouldn't that be great Laughing
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:44 pm

If it was as simple as more noise meaning more power then my bloody mrs would look like Arnold SchwarzennegerC800 Pipe Question 594857

As far as the moped briggade goes yeah I noticed that.

I tried explaining to a hoodie once that more power is usually accompanied by more noise but that more noise is not nesaccerily acompanied by more power & he looked at me as if I had just tried to explain quantom physics and the theory of relativety in one sentance without the use of vowelsC800 Pipe Question 852880
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Yep I am ready for the noise! Phoned up to ask about gaskets today but closed on Mondays C800 Pipe Question 474255 so will order tomorrow hopefully. Thought the same about the pair valve, saw the info on here. Will wait and see how it sounds. Had a bit of a rehearsal unbolting bits of pipe today. I think I'd better C800 Pipe Question 3006178883 and might need a couple of new tools - ah the joys of doing it yourself! Pretty excited really - the near gutted pipes were noisy but a bit 'farty' - lots of nice sounding 800 pipes on You Tube and Mr. Intruder's maiden V&H ride in those stylish shorts of course! The last check I've got to do before ordering is that they don't have 'For Race Use Only' on them like my Harley pipes do, unfortunately. I should be ok with the Hard Krome's with the baffles in - I believe they wake the dead without affraid
Back to top Go down
wad
wad

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Do all 3 mods to do it proper, Pipes, fuel pro and filter and you cant go wrong,

Dont cut corners
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:29 pm

wad wrote:
Do all 3 mods to do it proper, Pipes, fuel pro and filter and you cant go wrong,

Dont cut corners

Yeah I'm sure you are right in an ideal world but fact is 4 bikes in 12 months - so Mrs.B has now got the funds on drip feed - so I gotta be grateful for the pipes man!
Back to top Go down
wad
wad

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Either way you will love the noise and standard pipes on these bikes look cack!

So its WIN WIN!!!
Back to top Go down
Short-fuse
Short-fuse

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:19 am

Mine is a carbed model and found that I cant even put a K&N filter on without it causing all sorts of problems and to top it orft it now appears I cant fit the filter or get pipes if I dont get the damn thing re-jetted any input on this would be helpfull even if its just advice on where to go or prices for the tune up Very Happy C800 Pipe Question 433968
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Anytime a carbed bike is modified with either exhaust or k&n ideally you should rejet, it's not as hard as it sounds & will give your bike a new lease of life. However if it's only the exhaust then you will get away with it just!

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 pm

I have V&H Straightshots and a Power Commander. It was set up on a rolling road and runs spot on.
Back to top Go down
Short-fuse
Short-fuse

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:28 am

Anyone got any idea of cost for a rejet ?? am on a restrictive budget for some months to come i'm afraid
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Short-fuse wrote:
Anyone got any idea of cost for a rejet ?? am on a restrictive budget for some months to come i'm afraid

Then they only answer is re jet your self, because you are talking big'ish money for a re jet and Dyno run
Back to top Go down
Short-fuse
Short-fuse

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am

Oh Crap I dont have a garage at the mo or some of the tools needed so I guess its a while off then ......................... better start saving C800 Pipe Question 410694 :ballchain:
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Short fuse ..... my bike runs a carb and I've fitted Jardines with no rejet ... it takes a little longer to warm up but I get no other ill efects at all. Read in to that what you will but if it's running too lean, it's sure not showing up on the plugs. They were a lovely shade of beige when I changed them last !
Back to top Go down
Short-fuse
Short-fuse

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for that Mick havent checked the plugs for a bit but mineseems to have been runing warm of late but i did a minor adjustment to the air filter (took those small hoses off I get a nice growl when I open her up but does seem to miss a little when cold but will look into the jardines cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

C800 Pipe Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: C800 Pipe Question   C800 Pipe Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C800 Pipe Question
Page 1 of 1