Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
devaduo
Prospect
devaduo

Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 8:24 am

Riding the bike yesterday I heard like a pop or spurt then noticed when home that there was oil leaking from the top of the rear cylinder
Can't see anything obvious as under the tank and wondering if there is maybe an oil seal around there

Any advice/help would be gratefully received

Graham
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:47 am

Is the bike running alright is there a loss of power? Can you see any coolant leaking from the same area? Has the coolant level dropped?
Which could indicate the head gasket has failed.
Back to top Go down
devaduo
Prospect
devaduo

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:30 am

The engine runs and sounds fine so I don't suspect a head gasket
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am

Well that's good, hopefully it will be something simple. I am surprised nobody else has answered your post this is the kind of problem our more knowledgeable members may be able to offer better advice on.
Back to top Go down
devaduo
Prospect
devaduo

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:49 am

Hopefully someone can offer advice and guidence before I try and find someone to fix it
Thank's for replying
Graham
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:24 pm

It seems very odd that nobody has offered any thoughts on this, it is normally something certain members like to get their teeth into, give it time someone may come up with an something that may help you.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Graham, have you had the tank off to see where the oil is coming from? There's the valve cover at the back of the rear cylinder with a seal on it? there's also a breather pipe of some description going into the head on the rear cylinder, sorry for the delayed reply, I've been at work until 2pm and my phones not much use for typing on, I'll re word that? I'm shit at typing on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 8:29 am

Hi,Graham. Have you any updates on your oil leak problem?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak   Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help & Advice please cause I've an Oil leak
Page 1 of 1