Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal

Go down 
+2
stingray
Chuckie1976
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Empty
PostSubject: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 am

so i find myself a lot of times forgetting to push back the signal button , this resulting in confusing my fellow bikers and other drivers
so i am considering mounting Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal
any help here? someone installed something like this? if yes what and where didi they get it? thanks:)
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:42 am

Hi, I've always fitted indicator buzzers + strobe lights to all my bikes, very cheap off Ebay and very simple to fit, its all you'll ever need. Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am

i just ordered Kisan signalMinder SM-3SV ^......
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:05 pm

HD's have had self cancellers for many years. They are not a brilliant idea on a motorcycle as you spend just as much time looking to see if  you have gone round a big enough turn to activate the cancel as checking a regular bike to see if you have forgotten. I have an in built 'press the middle of the indicator' reaction to keep it off after a turn. I do miss some aspects of the Harley but this is not one of them. However some really like self cancelling indicators so each to their own. Maybe try a bike with them on to see how you get on?
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:04 pm

I have fitted an additional small led light and placed it in a more visible location on my bars after seeing it done on this site. I do not like self cancelling flashers at all and find the light very conducive to safety under all conditions. I believe Alfie did the led flasher conversion if I am not mistaken?
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Yep,
I agree with John .... in years gone by my Z1300 had switchable self-cancelling indicators - & like the HD items they are a mixed blessing - sure - you won't have the 'problems of leaving them on - but sometimes they would shut off in a bend when you wanted them to stay on.

I've used buzzers in the past, but not on any of my current bikes. I like the additional  LED idea - that could help. But my 'backstop' - like John - is to periodically check the indicators (Centre push cancel function) to ensure I've not forgotten to cancel them. .... But I still make an occasional error - might be an age thing !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 pm

It might be old age creeping in here? I'm sure back in the 80's, The Yamaha's I had were equipped with 'self cancelling' Indicators that went off after a certain amount of time, Although I was more interested in making the things go faster, I often thought it seemed a good thing at the time, better than the offerings of 'modern day' HD technology anyway IMO, as long as you didn't put them on too early lol.

ps. I always remember to press the centre cancel button! except when I forget!  Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 249703 Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 2917598063  Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 3972956199 Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 474255 Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 938687981 Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 2516569736 Embarassed Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal 852880
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Yes - that sounds right Sim .... I think some Yamahas did - then they went on push in middle to shut 'em off .... like other Japs.
I try to educate 'myself', and like you would not seek to change what's there in terms of indicator function. As you say other parts of the bike are more likely to attract my attention for modding !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal   Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self-Cancelling Motorcycle Turn Signal
Page 1 of 1