Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12v Motorcycle Stereo system?

Go down 
+5
Ken1964
captain crash
Rob Reimer
simbo
Mr Intruder
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Empty
PostSubject: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi guys just looking for a bit of a help on this one, I previously had the 'Pyle PLMCA10' 12v stereo system fitted on my bike & loved it. Sadly it got mullered when I had an accident last year & I want another stereo system on my bike now that I am getting her ready to ride again. I will happily fit the same system again but wondered if any of you had any other recommendations, the Pyle unit I previously bought was 100 watt and about £45.

#####################

EDIT

Pyle PLMCA20 now fitted, see further down page.

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Dave since you guys fitted the Pyle ones a few years ago I have never read of anyone since on site adding a sound system to the bike
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 8:42 pm

captain crash wrote:
Dave since you guys fitted the Pyle ones a few years ago I have never read of anyone since on site adding a sound system to the bike

12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 428386 I thought the Pyle one you had fitted was a good set up for the price  12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 102087026
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Yes I have been looking for a few hours today and I think I will buy the 'PLMCA20' now rather than the 'PLMCA10' I had. Simply because I never used the radio and if I get one without that I can get one for a slightly cheaper price of £39.31. The 100w / 2x 50w speakers was certainly loud enough, even with my V&H Cruisers bellowing out.
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 pm

I put a cheapy ebay radio/mp 3 hookup with pyle speakers on my bike. I have a batwing fairing on my Marauder and it does the job just fine.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Dave for a bit of clarity could you say why I think I remember you complaining about the radio on the one you had but I cant remember why
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 7:23 pm

OK lets try & clarify a bit Crash......

I have bought the 'PLMCA20' now rather than the 'PLMCA10'that I used to own because firstly I really like the '10' but the '20' was a little cheaper for the same unit without a radio. The radio used to annoy me because firstly I didn't ever use it, I always played via an mpeg player or my phone using the aux socket. The reason it annoyed me (a little) is because the unit automatically went into radio mod when you turned it on and as said I didn't use it. I would then have to press the button when the unit initialised and switch over to the aux. That ain't much of a moan really but as I don't use radio on my bike it's the only minus I have. If I had not of mullered the other one 'PLMCA10' when I had an RTA I ould still be happily using it now.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 pm

12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 3005623951 12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 184121345  Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:47 am

Can you actually hear the speakers with a helmet on when going at speed?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:27 am

I could hear what Dave was playing when on the French trip quite clearly whilst I was wearing my full face lid at speeds between 30/40 MPH through towns cant comment on what you can hear when riding a bike with one fitted at speed though gotta say I'm also quite interested to find out the answer plus could you still hear it if wearing full face helmet? as the open face lids probably have less wind noise (not sure though)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:19 pm

I have the same one as last time apart from different buttons & no radio, which is OK as I never use it.
The sound is good but after 70mph I really start to lose the sound with V&H Cruzers on. Much prefer the setup of the new one (20) to the old one (10). Very very happy with it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Dave I have just found the old write up about the last stereo (pyle plmca10 ( you put on your bike and the videos done  ( Here )
Can you put on a video with the new system you have to show the differences of the (Pyle PLMCA20) ? Could be useful to members   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 184121345

Last edited by captain crash on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwinDad
TwinDad

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi Dave any pictures to go with this , where have you fitted it all? Did you use an external fuse box etc. only interested. Must admit I use a Scala intercom system. More expensive but can plug in mp3, iPod or Bluetooth phone music via it, also intercom and use phone, has a radio too.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:31 am

I will do a write up and video of the system and how I fitted it for you guy. 12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Here you go, as promised.

Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 4:57 pm

At that price I may be convinced to go down the same route. Nice tidy system there Sir and a great idea to have it wired into the switched live. I have one question though, which I am sure from experience you will have covered. Are you happy the external on/off switch will not get wet or damp inside? Possibly causing the unit to either short out or for the terminals to at least to start corroding with it being exposed in the way it is?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Looks a nice set up Dave  12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Ken the system is designed for for Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles, Boats, Wave runners, Jet skis, etc. So it is designed to be working under all sorts of wet & nasty conditions. That said I do understand your concern with the external on/off power push switch and addressed that as a potential problem area. I opened it up and found it to be sealed extremely well, however not being one to just open & close something I did a little more. I completely filled the entire on/off switch assembly with Vaseline which can not escape in anyway. In doing so I have guaranteed that no moisture will ever be permitted under any circumstances to make its way into that particular unit. Hope that answers your question, I would encourage anyone looking for a very cheap & powerful unit to by this particular one.
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Nice set up Dave, very tidy way of mounting it  lgd
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:02 pm

looks/sounds good agree with doc nice set up
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:28 pm

I agree with the others well done Dave.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Nice one davey boy, well fitted and explained as usual. I know you always coat any electrical terminals with Vaseline so I was not surprised to see it used here, good thinking 12v Motorcycle Stereo system? 276246
Back to top Go down
TwinDad
TwinDad

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Very tidy and as usual a great write up!
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Excellent information, thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks guys, I am very happy with it. As for Vaseline, every home mechanic should have a huge pot of it.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 am

Oh yeh Dave hyst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12v Motorcycle Stereo system?   12v Motorcycle Stereo system? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12v Motorcycle Stereo system?
Page 1 of 1