Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeRegisterLog in

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rick9000
Rick9000

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Empty
PostSubject: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:29 am

Having the same problem as a few others in that the clutch lever is too far from the bar with no adjustment to make operation comfortable I have come up with a simple mod for our bikes.

On the clutch lever there is a metal tab on the underside which operates the clutch interlock switch. What I have decided to do is to drill a small hole in the tab and insert a machine screw with a nut either end to secure. In hindsight it would probably be better to tap this hole for easier adjustment. The screw can then be used to move the clutch lever nearer the bar. 
You need to loosen the clutch cable off then readjust when you find a comfortable lever span. I moved mine 1/4 " and it is now so much easier to operate. 
The clutch friction zone only takes up a small amount of the lever movement so I have had no problems with slippage or gear shifting. 
I may not have explained this very well but have attached a few images which may help
CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Imagejpg1_zpsc66c4881
This shows the adjustment screw from the top

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Imagejpg1_zpsc66c4881

This shows the underside with the adjustment screw sitting above the plunger to operate the clutch switch.

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Imagejpg5_zpsc8e6cf06

This show the amount of adjustment I made. 

This is a quick and simple mod which I have found works perfectly well
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:32 am

Sorry underside photo attached. 

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Imagejpg4_zpsbd0481ce
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:49 am

Hey Ricky,

Sound idea ! ... I fully understand what you have done & why. nicely illustrated with helpful photos. I agree with your comment re-possibly better to tap a thread in the tab, but it would be best to keep a lock nut on the machine screw you made your adjuster from.

You've covered the angle of clutch actuation range so all should be well.   lgd

In the olden days people use to go to dog leg levers to achieve the same ends !

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD 3005623951 Yam
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Nice one Ricky  CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Good thinking Ricky, good 1  CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD 2170595768
Back to top Go down
brains
Prospect
brains

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

quicker solution is to fit a rubber grommet over the cable between the lever & the mount to act as a buffer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD   CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION MOD
Page 1 of 1